Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookey

Tetley's Challenge Cup Fifth Round Draw (merged threads)

98 posts in this topic

Will Wigan declare this time?

bring in the Rod Studd rule!

We tend to take a decent following to Huddersfield so there will be plenty of away fans, and it will be nice to get a couple of games in there against the Giants before our annual Semi final there at the end of July  :D

Once again our great sport is shown in a poor light ,who was responsible for getting Richard Bacon to oversee the draw

Did he make a pig's ear of it?

He mispronounced "Workington" as "Wokington"

Billy Boston, c'mon man, say something interesting.

Dare I say it, where was Bruce Willis and all the explosions?

Listened to it on radio Leeds  - It came over as very amatuerish to say the least.

We tend to take a decent following to Huddersfield so there will be plenty of away fans, and it will be nice to get a couple of games in there against the Giants before our annual Semi final there at the end of July  :D

:D

Richard Bacon, the poor man's Alan Partridge.

The draw for the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup will take place next Monday, April 22, on the Richard Bacon Show on BBC Radio 5 Live at 3.30pm.

And the whole thing turns out to be a joke, a disgraceful, once again shows rugby league in a bad light. Billy Boston sounds as if he's lost his marbles.

Did he make a pig's ear of it?

He mispronounced "Workington" as "Wokington"

:rolleyes:  :D

Sorry brooza mate, seems you got caught up in one of them there "wooosh" moments.

He also had Workington at home to Widnes and then away to Hull KR !!!!!!    Shambles, I think is the correct term.

That was probably one of the most shambolic and embarrassing draws I've ever heard. If the BBC aren't going to treat the competition with respect move the draw elsewhere. That made RL sound ridiculous.

Farce. Was like a mickey take from the host and Boston didn't seem to realise he was on live radio. 'Erm there has been a mistake' was a great comment after the host missed a team out. Then Boston read 6 as 9. Oh and Workington became Wokingtown. Shambles and better off without this kind of exposure

Closest to call is Sheffield v Halifax, should be a cracker. No doubt a few of us Fev fans will be going to watch their biggest pair of rivals knocking seven bells out of each other. If your club doesn't have a game, get yerself down there and witness the quality that's coming out of The Championship!

I was embarrassed to be a Rugby League fan listening to the draw on Radio 5 live,the BBC people were clueless all through the draw and the RFL should ask for some sort of an apology.

BBC a national treasure somebody must be joking.

I'm very positive about Rugby League but even I was embarrassed by that shamble of a draw.

Do you think that's strong enough to get tweeted by @RLMeltdown? ;-)

I'm very positive about Rugby League but even I was embarrassed by that shamble of a draw.

Do you think that's strong enough to get tweeted by @RLMeltdown? ;-)

It probably will be, saying a player had an off day enough to get tweeted by them!

And the whole thing turns out to be a joke, a disgraceful, once again shows rugby league in a bad light. Billy Boston sounds as if he's lost his marbles.

Billy is 78 and not been in the best of health on and off for some time. A great figure to have involved but to expect a lot from him these days is a bit much.

Farce. Was like a mickey take from the host and Boston didn't seem to realise he was on live radio. 'Erm there has been a mistake' was a great comment after the host missed a team out. Then Boston read 6 as 9. Oh and Workington became Wokingtown. Shambles and better off without this kind of exposure

Don't forget the obligatory Eddie Wareing clip too. And the references to "camp looking Rugby players with moustaches on the trophy".

I'll take that un, just hope we turn up again and don't stay asleep until the second half.

Really? Truly awful draw for me. Hardly anyone will see it, it will be expensive for the club and fans, and it will be a difficult game where we might get knocked out.

Really? Truly awful draw for me. Hardly anyone will see it, it will be expensive for the club and fans, and it will be a difficult game where we might get knocked out.

Better than Catalan away!

Any cost will be recouped at the end of August with our next trip to London... :D

What did you expect? A home draw? Pah! Not on your life!!

Yet again St Helens are at home... (with their feet up)