Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Halifax,Sun28th April 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction   35 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 posts in this topic

Think the club will sell quite a few copies of the DVD of todays match,it seemed action packed for the full 80 minutes,well done to all the players and staff,funniest moment today was seeing Adamson losing it big style with Jonny Hepworth then getting dragged off by Rhino for ill discipline.

You'll need to keep the volume down, the commentator was a carried away Fev fan today.

Surprised Andy Ellis has not been mentioned yet. Thought his work rate for the 73mins he was on the field was outstanding and his defence enormous. To be involved as a hooker you are involved so much and he showed today what a good player he is. Scored and made two and would love to know how many tackles he made.

Agree with all the other comments as this was a fantastic all round display, and the second half performance now sets a benchmark going forward,

Well done to all.

Well done lads. Great performance. A special pat on the back to Hepworth and Helliwell. They were supposed to be well out performed but showed tremendous class today. Kain was outstanding what a workhorse.

Helliwell?

one of the biggest differences today, was that we didn't keep giving penalties away.

Well done lads. Great performance. A special pat on the back to Hepworth and Helliwell. They were supposed to be well out performed but showed tremendous class today. Kain was outstanding what a workhorse.

Helliwell????? Am I missing something? ?

Helliwell????? Am I missing something? ?

His best performance of the season Robin ;)

Anyway, to be serious, Greg had the beating of Tyrer all afternoon.

Not much to fault about any of the team today.

Best performance of the season to date. Best entertainment for the entrance money season to date. Best crowd, best atmosphere, best, well you get the idea. :D

Well done to all the players, great performances by all. It's a struggle for me to pick out a mom, but at a push I'd sit on the fence choosing between Hardo & Greg.

These are the sorts of games I want to see at POR on a regular basis, far more entertaining than some of the one sided games we've seen over the previous few seasons.

So far this season, I think all the teams we've played have demonstrated that they have stepped up a level from previous seasons. After today's game, especially the second half, maybe, just maybe we've stepped up a level too.

now that was a team performance 1 to 17 all played there part well done lads you did us proud !! and another think was that lee crooks back at fev today working thought he'd left or was made redundant from his post

Surprised Andy Ellis has not been mentioned yet. Thought his work rate for the 73mins he was on the field was outstanding and his defence enormous. To be involved as a hooker you are involved so much and he showed today what a good player he is. Scored and made two and would love to know how many tackles he made.

Agree with all the other comments as this was a fantastic all round display, and the second half performance now sets a benchmark going forward,

Well done to all.

I would agree with that, I gave him MOM but it was difficult to split.

andy ellis was awesome today my man of the match, kept it all going despite the effort of fax trying to disrupt our game plan before half time

Thought Hepworth deserved m.o.m today..some awsome play + 2 cracking tackles on Tonka

Bozzy was M.O.M for me, stopped Tonka & Barlow dead in their tracks, and on attack I lost count of the number off off-loads he got out, which meant that Fax were forever chasing our second phase play until they ran out of steam.

Good to see Mariano scoring, but there was no opposition..... Thackeray took one look at him charging to the line and bottled out.

don't you think tonka is overweight and unfit he was blowing after the first 10 mins

don't you think tonka is overweight and unfit he was blowing after the first 10 mins

He was never a 'stamina' player when at Fev and with his new job would expect he's not training as much now.

He's not trained all week and yesterday was his birthday, discuss.

Love him or hate. him, Sammy Barlow is worth a quid of anyone's admission money.

He's a proper pantomime villain!

Whilst we're on about pantomime villains mate, how about the opposite, a gentle giant. I have briefly spoken to Stevie Crossley on several occasions this season, a true hard man , terminator, machine on the field, but a gentler, nicer, happier, polite family man you could ever wish to meet off of the field.

Smashing bloke..... and got proper coloured hair n'all! :lol:

Couldn't fault anyone of our lads today, a great all round solid performance, I thought Ian Hardman was awesome today and was a contender for man of match. Tommy Saxton appears to be back to his old self, and when Jonny Hepworth and Tim Spears helped Greg on his way to his try, well that was priceless.

Pity ref missed those 2 attempted trips!!!

Up the Rovers!!!.

Smashing bloke..... and got proper coloured hair n'all! :lol:

Not that we ever so him play but I imagine him being like Malcolm Dixon.

Agree with all the comments.  It was good to see a linesman who is not afraid to put up his flag as well...there I did it I said something positive about an official.  Did not feel that bad!

He's a proper pantomime villain!

Well deserved win Fev. Best team won. But nothing has changed really. Any team can win the Trophies now as before the game. Well done to both sets of fans on making it a great event. The rivalry seems to be OK now and we both have moved on. The respect for both fans and clubs in the main is there. The great atmosphere was created thanks to both sets of fans. Maybe its the kick up the backside for a few Fax players who maybe mentally let themselves get in to the comfort zone.

As for Sam Barlow, off the pitch he is a top bloke. On it he is a real charactor- something the modern game seems to not have many of compared to yesteryear. Sam has publically acknowledged he was ashamed of his performance today-something that some players cant do. But he is a player that gets stuck in and one you either love or hate. He pushes his luck and he can go over the top with things. But he is very passionate about playing for his hometown team. He just needs to sort his dicipline out more.

Well deserved win Fev. Best team won. But nothing has changed really. Any team can win the Trophies now as before the game. Well done to both sets of fans on making it a great event. The rivalry seems to be OK now and we both have moved on. The respect for both fans and clubs in the main is there. The great atmosphere was created thanks to both sets of fans. Maybe its the kick up the backside for a few Fax players who maybe mentally let themselves get in to the comfort zone.As for Sam Barlow, off the pitch he is a top bloke. On it he is a real charactor- something the modern game seems to not have many of compared to yesteryear. Sam has publically acknowledged he was ashamed of his performance today-something that some players cant do. But he is a player that gets stuck in and one you either love or hate. He pushes his luck and he can go over the top with things. But he is very passionate about playing for his hometown team. He just needs to sort his dicipline out more.

Absolutely mate, well said.

When it comes to telling the future, I make Clinton Baptiste look good. Well done Rovers and a large piece of humble pie to Gaz, from me.

I told you we would do them Andrew. I must admit I thought we would win by 2 try's at best but I didn't expect that score line. Great win/performance from the lads. Just need to keep it going now.