Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Tonga at DP

30 posts in this topic

Did any of you see the piece by Malcolm Andrews in the RLE this morning?    He was telling all the good folk of Workington to make sure they get along to see the Tongans take on Scotland.    He had witnessed as he said "the mother of all thrashings" that they handed out to Samoa at the weekend.

The Tongans have set a target of making the semi-finals so it sounds like we will be well entertained come October/November.

Yes , very good . I've been and got my tickets sorted , can't wait . Taking my young nephew along and the old fella , something to see and remember . Tonga have loads of NRL talent and could have the likes of Jennings to , and probably TRex Williams who's being far to slovenly and off form to get back in the Kangaroos set up . And not to mention Italy with the legend Minichiello and the likes of Terry Campese looking to be involved . And not forgetting our brave hearts !! Should be good , I'm eternally grateful to haven . Tonga must be quite good because Samoa were top heavy with NRL stars to . Wish Premier Sports had shown that , they should have in the run up to the WC . Funny pitch invasion to . Highlights on YouTube of that game .

It would be great if there was a Cumbria v Tonga warm-up match

Yes , very good . I've been and got my tickets sorted , can't wait . Taking my young nephew along and the old fella , something to see and remember . Tonga have loads of NRL talent and could have the likes of Jennings to , and probably TRex Williams who's being far to slovenly and off form to get back in the Kangaroos set up . And not to mention Italy with the legend Minichiello and the likes of Terry Campese looking to be involved . And not forgetting our brave hearts !! Should be good , I'm eternally grateful to haven . Tonga must be quite good because Samoa were top heavy with NRL stars to . Wish Premier Sports had shown that , they should have in the run up to the WC . Funny pitch invasion to . Highlights on YouTube of that game .

Tue Oct 29

KO: 8:00pm V Scotland

Sun Nov 03

KO: 4:00pm v Italy

Kick off times confirmed....might try and get over for the games.Be good be back in West Cumbria for some RL :-)

Really poor quality scotland and italy mights well be kells and egremont they would beat them 2

Yep should do yanto , should be good . Chance to see Minichiello alone , what a legend .

Really poor quality scotland and italy mights well be kells and egremont they would beat them 2

I take it you won't be going choccy

Anthony Minichiello , Mark Minichiello , Aidan Guerra , Terry Campese , Anthony Laffranchi , Shaun Berrigan , Craig Gower , Cameron Ciraldo , James Tedesco , Vic Mauro , Kade Snowden etcetc..... Boy the amateur standard in Cumbria must have took off . If ever there was a statement that shows up a total rugby ignorance we've just had it .

I take it you won't be going choccy

correct I wont watch better up at lowca and it aint choccy bad luck

How about a witty comeback on the list of players above?

We're gonna see two sides bringing bagfulls of NRL players we'd never dream of seeing - at OUR ground in a global spectacle . It's an honour for us , a great showcase and a great watch . Tonga are rapidly becoming the talk of the WC . Obviously the bitterness still runs deep with a few killjoys .

your comments really show how gutted you are that dopeland council blew your chance of hosting the RLWC.

your comments really show how gutted you are that dopeland council blew your chance of hosting the RLWC.

not at all widnes4me better teams and I might of been interested.town only applied for the games to get a free spruce up, and boy thats worked (not).

There probably won't be to many better teams than Tonga , they're a bolter .

Team that can out of nowhere to the fore .

Well you go and watch Lowca then, it isn't far from Parton.   We'll go and watch the internationals along with many Haven fans.  

Tonga could be World Cup semi finalists. How sour are those grapes.

not at all widnes4me better teams and I might of been interested.town only applied for the games to get a free spruce up, and boy thats worked (not).

Funny that wasn't it supposed to be a joint bid??? Until you lot thought you could go it alone and still get a shiny new stadium? THAT WORKED DIDN'T IT??? So all we done was rescued the bid for west Cumbria! We will all admit dp isn't the best stadium but it is by far not the worst! Just look at your own eyesore!!