Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

The Labour Party has Really Lost the Plot

14 posts in this topic

I was worried for a minute then I saw your source. The Sun. That has all the credibility of a not-found out News of the World.

A serious newspaper then.

A euro politician that can speak furrin, what a bizarre concept. Guido plumbing new depths

A euro politician

i.e. a 99% chance of being a nonentity.  I rest my case.

Italians :O

At least she's not gay, eh? That would be really scandalous.

Seeing Wolford had started the thread I assumed it would be one of those brown folk.

Since most of the country will be voting for UKIP, it doesn't really matter who's numbers 9 and 10 in the list anyway.

At least she's not gay, eh? That would be really scandalous.

I fear you've got hold of the wrong end of my point, Steve.

:O;)

I didn't quote the prospect of Tory, LibDem or Labour MP's going to gay bars as any type of pejorative indictment. I quoted it as an unlikely act to be reported by the Guardian; which will use any stick to beat Nigel Farage and UKIP. The paper chooses which actions are fair game for snide reportage, not on the action per se, but on who has performed it.

The same protocol applies to all the other mainstream papers and tv stations, all of whom are propagandists for one of the three main parties.

Seeing who started thSeeing Wolford had started the thread I assumed it would be one of those brown folk.

Since most of the country will be voting for UKIP thugs, it doesn't really matter who's numbers 9 and 10 in the list anyway.

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/

Best of luck

I fear you've got hold of the wrong end of my point, Steve.

:O;)

I didn't quote the prospect of Tory, LibDem or Labour MP's going to gay bars as any type of pejorative indictment. I quoted it as an unlikely act to be reported by the Guardian; which will use any stick to beat Nigel Farage and UKIP. The paper chooses which actions are fair game for snide reportage, not on the action per se, but on who has performed it.

The same protocol applies to all the other mainstream papers and tv stations, all of whom are propagandists for one of the three main parties.

Why would a gay person going to a gay bar be worth reporting?

What do you think *happens* in a gay bar?

Why would a gay person going to a gay bar be worth reporting?

What do you think *happens* in a gay bar?

The "story" would be reporting a visit to a gay bar by someone who isn't known to be gay. Obviously, there would have to have been a secondary action resulting from that visit and/or some kind of corroborative statement from a reliable source that the MP was a closet gay.

Whether such reportage is fair is irrelevant; it would be printed to serve two purposes ... financial and political.

The "story" would be reporting a visit to a gay bar by someone who isn't known to be gay. Obviously, there would have to have been a secondary action resulting from that visit and/or some kind of corroborative statement from a reliable source that the MP was a closet gay.

I can't see any problem with an MP being gay and wanting to keep it quiet. Their choice.

The only issue for me would be if, as has happened in the past, closeted gay MPs have supported virulently anti-gay legislation

Whether such reportage is fair is irrelevant; it would be printed to serve two purposes ... financial and political.

I've been to gay bars before. I didn't realise it was unusual.  :huh:

I've been to gay bars before. I didn't realise it was unusual.  :huh:

Probably isn't in Lancashire.

:)