Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Dewsbury Match

136 posts in this topic

Absolutely , break that mental block . They've been in poor form after a good start , so why not ?

Town can win on Sunday if everything clicks and we travel why not, we can travel to jam and win why not dewsbury up the town 7-0 pora is over the hill

the wins all 3 of them have been won by the skin of your teeth and a derby game doesnt reflect a seasons games its totally different dewsbury will be fired up at home  and looking to get back in the saddle and collect all three points without giving a bonus point away. 11 up

the wins all 3 of them have been won by the skin of your teeth and a derby game doesnt reflect a seasons games its totally different dewsbury will be fired up at home  and looking to get back in the saddle and collect all three points without giving a bonus point away. 11 up

So your saying we have no chance to try and stir it up then. Given our away form apart from at your fortress you may well be right, but given on your last three games you have been beaten twice and your only win was a skin of your teeth home win against the mighty London Skolars I don't think your exactly in a position to crow either. Nevermind your 400 mute core of fans will no doubt lift the team on Sunday with polite clapping, individual obscene shouts at players and a little trumpet player.

So your saying we have no chance to try and stir it up then. Given our away form apart from at your fortress you may well be right, but given on your last three games you have been beaten twice and your only win was a skin of your teeth home win against the mighty London Skolars I don't think your exactly in a position to crow either. Nevermind your 400 mute core of fans will no doubt lift the team on Sunday with polite clapping, individual obscene shouts at players and a little trumpet player.

the topic was the dewsbury match and what i commented on,just because you beat haven doesnt mean you,ll beat everyone.some of your puddled fans even think your team is full of future sl players.well smell the coffee your below us in the league what does that tell you.after sundays results you could also be staring at championship 1.forget about haven or can you not?

Who said we were going to beat everyone , the focus is on winnable games against teams outside that elite 5 , and home form ,we've always been realistic about that . And not surprising we haven't made much progress lately we've hardly played !! And as for future SL players , I'd say potentially we have at least 6 of that standard , I can't think of one on your side from watching them . And after Sunday you could be staring at championship one , think about that ...

the topic was the dewsbury match and what i commented on,just because you beat haven doesnt mean you,ll beat everyone.some of your puddled fans even think your team is full of future sl players.well smell the coffee your below us in the league what does that tell you.after sundays results you could also be staring at championship 1.forget about haven or can you not?

the league is far from settled yet grandpa grandpa. Your are ahead of us coz you played keighley before they brought DR in and the eagles only had two days rest before travelling Up here to play you. Having seen you twice this season there's no way you would beaten the eagles team that was at DP this season by what you did. There's a long to go yet grandpa grandpa.

the league is far from settled yet grandpa grandpa. Your are ahead of us coz you played keighley before they brought DR in and the eagles only had two days rest before travelling Up here to play you. Having seen you twice this season there's no way you would beaten the eagles team that was at DP this season by what you did. There's a long to go yet grandpa grandpa.

widnes4me we can only play whats put in front of us and i think you,ll find sheffield had a full team who like ourselves had played friday,we just outplayed all over the park.a win away at keighley is a win regardless to pick up wins away in this league isnt easy.funny how the eagles team that beat you was in your deluded opinion the best team ever.well we beat them can you?

If your so good and have a strong league position how comes theres a "woods out" thread on deludedfans.com. You have poor pack and will be down in the bottom 4 come the back end of the season. Yep widnes for me it is in the cup at home after we turned you over AGAIN. lol

peoples opinions differ mine is the guy is doing a good job at haven so far.masterminding wins away at barra and beating grand final winners from 2012 sheffield eagles,running batley, fax  close too so for me he can stay and continue building on that.wasnt that long ago your fans were calling for charlos head!!we are 8th in the league but within 2 weeks of this comment i would predict alot more happier camp at haven.if any team will be in the bottom four its town as you use all your energy scraping wins against us.your team were blowing out of their harris in the second half last week.we are in it for the long haul not just for one season.

In it for the long haul? You won't even be here next season unless your crowds pick up.

Or I suppose you could just go bust and start up as Whitehaven 2013 or something.....

peoples opinions differ mine is the guy is doing a good job at haven so far.masterminding wins away at barra and beating grand final winners from 2012 sheffield eagles,running batley, fax close too so for me he can stay and continue building on that.wasnt that long ago your fans were calling for charlos head!!we are 8th in the league but within 2 weeks of this comment i would predict alot more happier camp at haven.if any team will be in the bottom four its town as you use all your energy scraping wins against us.your team were blowing out of their harris in the second half last week.we are in it for the long haul not just for one season.

obviously your a contributor on deluded.com as you are dragging the comedy genius from there onto here as well. You are hilarious.

A haven fan questioning Towns conditioning , erm the conditioning that keeps our pack rumbling and getting on top of them after 20 minutes right till the end , and which saw 6 players save a try by going that extra mile in defence right at the end . Our fitness and conditioning are beyond question .

A haven fan questioning Towns conditioning , erm the conditioning that keeps our pack rumbling and getting on top of them after 20 minutes right till the end , and which saw 6 players save a try by going that extra mile in defence right at the end . Our fitness and conditioning are beyond question .

is that the same pack thats won you all of 3 games dewsbury will match you up front in my opinion and come out on top in the backs hence why i posted dewsbury will win.

If any one is blowing out of their arris, pora pora, it is you.    In a tough derby game Town only had 3 subs and then that went down to 2 when Morris got injured so, yes, if that meant they were blowing out of their arris' then what does that say about Haven's world beating 17?

You also forget that you have 14 points from 11 games whilst we have 11 points from 9 games.   You will probably come back and say but one of the outstanding games is away to Fev but seeing as how you also have to go to Fev then another game may be that outstanding game if you get my drift.  

Of the teams round about us you have only played York at home whilst we have only played Barrow and Haven so that doesn't mean that you have the easier fixtures as you are so fond of saying.    You also are asking Town fans to forget about Haven, well correct me if I'm wrong here, but what the h**l are you doing on here spouting your garbage?    I think it's you that needs to forget about Town but judging by the amount of threads you start on the Haven forum about Town you seem a little besotted with us!!!!

Our pack is a match for all teams in this league , but I do agree that we have to find more behind the scrum . We haven't won 3 games because of the pack , I wouldn't swap ours for any other when they're all fit . It's the edge behind it to turn possession and territory into points on a consistent basis .

If any one is blowing out of their arris, pora pora, it is you.    In a tough derby game Town only had 3 subs and then that went down to 2 when Morris got injured so, yes, if that meant they were blowing out of their arris' then what does that say about Haven's world beating 17?

You also forget that you have 14 points from 11 games whilst we have 11 points from 9 games.   You will probably come back and say but one of the outstanding games is away to Fev but seeing as how you also have to go to Fev then another game may be that outstanding game if you get my drift.  

Of the teams round about us you have only played York at home whilst we have only played Barrow and Haven so that doesn't mean that you have the easier fixtures as you are so fond of saying.    You also are asking Town fans to forget about Haven, well correct me if I'm wrong here, but what the h**l are you doing on here spouting your garbage?    I think it's you that needs to forget about Town but judging by the amount of threads you start on the Haven forum about Town you seem a little besotted with us!!!!

keith you always have a excuse for your teams shortfalls WE ONLY HAD 16 WE ONLY HAD 2 PROPS whats that got to do with anything, other teams cant pick your team for you and its no fault of other clubs if you cant muster a full 17 up.you simply dont like the fact ive said you,ll get beat on sunday,.save your abuse for someone who caresthis is a forum isnt it like the one you lot frequent in havenfans.co.uk .   

There's a long way to go yet and i don't feel we have performed to our potential yet for some reason. Them lot up the road say we think we are "world beaters" and "the greatest rugby league team in the world" but that's not true. IMO

we are good enough to be in this league and to compete in it and are the better team in cumbria but we just need to play to our potential more then we will be able to told our own. On paper we are fairly strong. I just hope fixture congestion doesn't affect us too much.

3 points below with 2 games in hand? which would then take us 3 points above you if we win, all works out

Pora mate, the way we are playing away there is every chance we will get beat at Dewsbury if we play like we have at Donny and York. But my point was that even though you have played poorly in some games recently you have a very confident outlook on your season. Yes Sheffield was a good win, but to assume you be way off relegation after the next few matches requires a big leap of faith IMO. To concede the points you did against London at home and then to be beat by us when you had us on the rack for the first 25 mins and we were 2 players light from the bench at the end does not follow your logic.

Personally unless our away form improves we will be hovering around the lower end of the table, I have no delusions about that but I don't and won't go on the haven site boasting Town are better than Haven. I could understand it if you were 10 clear with 3 games left, but your team aren't even playing with confidence and your supporters are drifting away. Or have I missed something?

keith you always have a excuse for your teams shortfalls WE ONLY HAD 16 WE ONLY HAD 2 PROPS whats that got to do with anything, other teams cant pick your team for you and its no fault of other clubs if you cant muster a full 17 up.you simply dont like the fact ive said you,ll get beat on sunday,.save your abuse for someone who caresthis is a forum isnt it like the one you lot frequent in havenfans.co.uk .   

I wasn't making any excuses, if you read what I said, and I certainly don't want anyone else to pick our team.    The only reason we have only 17 players is because of injuries again.     I can take you back through threads on here and on your own site where Haven fans have said the same thing about only having 2 subs because of injuries in the match but that wouldn't be the same would it cos' it's Haven!!!!

Who has said we only had two props?    I think you need a reality check pora pora, we actually beat you on Sunday you know, so why would we need excuses?    If, in your opinion, our players were blowing out of their arris then what does that say about your team that couldn't beat 17 apparently knackered players?

Just been looking at the potential Dewsbury team and noticed that they often use Makali Aizue ( former HKR and Papua New Guinea International forward ) off the subs bench. He is still some handful.

Dewsbury have failed to score any points in the second half for the majority of there recent games. This stinks of lack of fitness and more importantly lack of belief. Something Worky has in spades. If worky get off to a a good start this is more than a winnable game and Worky should be going all out early doors to impose that lack of belief currently on show at dewsbury. Pepper Goulding in defence ( we will need to shift the ball to do this) and if pryce plays full back we should kick early  at every opportunity - within 20minutes he will be blowing through his ######. 

That's right , for some reason we've been far to passive in to many away games . Away wins are massive , as they give a great chance of back to back wins , which in this condensed league are priceless , so lets get into a confident mentality away from home , because we have the ability to win these kinds of fixtures . Lets have the belief to get on the front foot , and more than anything , start well and show intent .