Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

26/04/13 - Widnes Vikings v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Referee: B Thaler

Touch Judge: C Leatherbarrow

Touch Judge: G Stokes

Reserve: C Campbell

Match Commissioner: N Robinson

Video Ref: S Ganson

Time Keeper: D Campbell

home win by 10

Wakefield squad: Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Paul Aiton, Andy Raleigh, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Kirmond, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Vince Mellars, Reece Lyne, Chris Annakin, Jon Molloy.

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Kevin Brown, Jon Clarke, Ben Cross, Chris Dean, Grant Gore, Rhys Hanbury, Gareth Hock, Willie Isa, Phil Joseph, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Jack Owens, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

Home ground wins it - in a very tough encounter I think.

It won't be pretty but by god I think it'll be entertaining

Hope so.....we were embarrassed last year on our 1st day back in SL....would like to think it won't be repeated due to the progress we've made

Widnes should win this unless Wakey get their defence sorted in which case ... a draw?! 

should be a good warm up for our visit to the unfinished stadium next friday.......

I'm really looking forward to this game.  Widnes have been a lot better than I expected this year so credit to Betts and his squad for that.  Gareth Hock is a real danger out wide as Trinity have hardly been secure in defence on his side of the field so far this year.  Trinity have shown an ability to score points though, but have perhaps the thinnest squad in the league.  I think Wakefield have probably mustered about two or three forty minute spells of solid strong football this season, which gives me great hope that when they get it together they'll take games like this in their stride.

It's an interesting time for Richard Agar too, should we lose and Castleford win at Salford tomorrow I suspect that the some pressure will be heading his way.  From memory I think we have three winnable games coming up, so he could come out smelling of roses and prove his worth again.  I really feel sorry for him, he doesn't have any real strength in depth and has inherited players signed prior to his arrival on contracts that are more valuable than they ought to be which has really hamstrung his recruitment.

Much as I'd like to see Justin Poore dish out some treatment to Gareth Hock, I'd much prefer him to focus on the positive aspects of his game and show his true quality.  As he plays more and more, and his match fitness improves he's really showing himself to be a decent signing.

Enjoying this so far.  Tim Smith is a good half back who takes the Wildcats around the pitch nicely.  Aiton hard as nails and with a thirty yard pass from dummy half.  Brown seems to be taking a bit too much on himself at stand off.  Hock doing his usual thing.....

Good Friday night entertainment.

Wakey look more dangerous in our 10 than we do on theirs.....the last 5 mins got the crowd going, we needed to capitalise on the momentum/atmos and didnt.....hope we can come out like that in the 2nd half

Wakey deserved winners.....we squandered the opportunities we had and they took theirs.....real lack of impetus from our attack.....which is a shame coz if we could have been harrised we could have took that

Poor performance by Widnes, especially the second half. That game was ours for the taking, but it looked like we couldn't be bothered...........

sorry lads but i disagree isa apart we played well tonight, and considering we lost 3 key players with injuries we were much better than we were at the slum 2 weeks ago....

Thought it was a great game from a neutral pov.

Wakey deserved their win - they looked stronger throuhgout to me and took their chances. Good game between two good sides.

Two well matched sides and good to watch, i thought if Widnes had not blown the two near certainties they would probably have won, One of those games where goalkicks become very important. Two what turned out to be big calls for Wakey, they will be well happy with the points from that one i should think

Hope the blindfolded kid who tripped and somersaulted over the ad boards and into the west stand at half time was ok......it tickled the fans but could have been nasty!