Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/04/13 - London Broncos v St Helens - KO 1pm

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Referee: T Roby

Touch Judge: J Roberts

Touch Judge: M Craven

Reserve: J Callaghan

Match Commissioner: J Connolly

In Goal: T Grant

In Goal: P Graham

Time Keeper: A Mills

Saints have lost the plot and with 10 first team players missing through injury or suspension even London at their most dire will be able to beat us.

(No offence to London fans intended there, btw, it's just that the Broncos haven't exactly been ripping up trees this season, sadly)

Saints to claw back some confidence with a hard fought away win.....close one

London for mine. 2 evenly matched teams, and home advantage should swing it.

London squad: Chris Bailey, Mark Bryant, Matt Cook, Kieran Dixon, Erjon Dollapi, Luke Dorn, Ben Fisher, Craig Gower, Alex Hurst, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Mike McMeeken, James Mendeika, Jamie O'Callaghan, Michael Robertson, Dan Sarginson, Michael Witt.

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Lance Hohaia, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Anthony Laffranchi, Paul Clough, Josh Jones, Tom Makinson, Carl Forster, Nathan Ashe, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Adam Swift, Mark Percival, Luke Thompson, Lewis Charnock, Stuart Howarth.

With Saints' horrible injury list and the suspensions I reckon this could be our first home win against them since God was in short trousers!

With Saints' horrible injury list and the suspensions I reckon this could be our first home win against them since God was in short trousers!

:D

I'm off to the game. Hopefully a nice sunny day

Don't hold your breath,

Day of the match - Broncos under real pressure, as Brian Carney noted in a senior moment in the Weekend Preview last night with 8 St Helens First Graders out.

That said last weeks Broncos first half performance was a shocker, and Tony Rea has already identfied the problem in that there are a few individuals going through the motions each game. With no money in the biscuit tin and an owner unwilling to pay up contacts, it's make do and mend so don't be surprised by the loan signing being in the matchday 17.

One of the benefits of the name change is not having to put up with the glaswegian "Billy or Dan" routine one St Helens fan gave me in Twickenham high street a few years ago "Union or League" he said. i would have though the RL on my polo shirt might have been a clue... Maybe he thought Ralph Lauren or even Harlequins Rugby Lessons as Keith Hogg related local schoolchildren thought...

Sticking to my gloomy tips this year, St Helens by 4

21 gone, 0-10 and kick to come for sts. Looks like a nasty injury to one Sts player being stretchered off

21 gone, 0-10 and kick to come for sts. Looks like a nasty injury to one Sts player being stretchered off

Swift.  He was playing on the wing.  We've had to shunt around again with Hohaia to fullback and Makinson on to the wing.  No idea who is playing 6 now, presumably Wello!

Phew. Much needed win secured :rolleyes:

From the radio it sounded like London did it the hard way with some strong defence and only occasional spells of pressure of their own.