Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers - KO 6.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Worse defences seen in a long time, it was like touch n pass. You score, now you score, Championship beckons for one of these! Give up the ghost, cas join with wakefield, Widnes and Salford come together, lets create a strong superleague not just 3 good sides.

Stevo kept banging on about Chase and without him Cas wouldn't have been in this game

Maybe if they hasn't broke the bank to keep him they'd have a better balances team and so be in a better position?

Reply to some of the above posts.

Kenny, "best team lost". That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, of course. However, snapski is closer to the mark with "two poor teams".

Pottsy, I've not heard a Salford fan say anything derogatory about the Noble appointment, either. There must be lots of them, though, cos someone said so. :lol:

Saintslass, Shenton did break a few tackles and looked dangerous, but I thought he looked to have lost some pace from his early days. One of his breaks saw him clear with about 60 metres to go and I thought he was sure to score, but the Salford defence caught him. The Shenton of old would have been in for a try.

bucklerscott, I said earlier that they were the worst two defences (and the worst two attacks!) in the league. What do you expect? As for your merger suggestions,  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

As for my view of the game, it was close, it was entertaining, nerve-wracking, nail-biting, squeeky-bum stuff and, yes, full of mistakes. But I don't care because we won. As I said earlier, I don't care how we win, as long we win. We did try very hard to throw it away, though.

Worse defences seen in a long time, it was like touch n pass. You score, now you score, Championship beckons for one of these! Give up the ghost, cas join with wakefield, Widnes and Salford come together, lets create a strong superleague not just 3 good sides.

Widnes and Salford? Your geography is worse than your grammar!

Enjoyed the game, it wasn't high quality, but it was exciting.

Best team won and Cas are back in the league position that suits them :-)

en anglais?

Stevo kept banging on about Chase and without him Cas wouldn't have been in this game

Maybe if they hasn't broke the bank to keep him they'd have a better balances team and so be in a better position?

Worth every penny, from my viewpoint at the other side of the M62 ;-)

It was very entertaining. Like I said last week people seem to struggle to just enjoy the sport they apparently love without complaining about the standard.

It was a bottom of the table clash.

On the game, thought Salford were a touch fortunate at the end - the intercept was mental from Chase when they had just got in front, and when Dixon knocked on on the Salford line he should have got a penalty.

Good to see them get a win under Nible though and pretty sure he'll have a long list of things to work on.

It was very entertaining. Like I said last week people seem to struggle to just enjoy the sport they apparently love without complaining about the standard.

It was a bottom of the table clash.

On the game, thought Salford were a touch fortunate at the end - the intercept was mental from Chase when they had just got in front, and when Dixon knocked on on the Salford line he should have got a penalty.

Good to see them get a win under Nible though and pretty sure he'll have a long list of things to work on.

I agree with that Dave why can people just not enjoy it for what it was, two teams desperate for a result and a game that went to the wire. I really enjoyed it.

Spot on, Dave T.

As someone who watches Salford every week, although there was still lots to work on, I could already see green shoots. We're much better around the ruck and our go-forward is loads better.

The most pleasing thing was finally getting to see what Theo Fages could do behind a pack that's on the front foot.

Onwards and upwards!

Spot on, Dave T.

As someone who watches Salford every week, although there was still lots to work on, I could already see green shoots. We're much better around the ruck and our go-forward is loads better.

The most pleasing thing was finally getting to see what Theo Fages could do behind a p

ack that's on the front foot.

Onwards and upwards!

Fages was excellent , you can see he has got an excellent rugby brain never stopped, Salford have a gem.

Spot on, Dave T.

The most pleasing thing was finally getting to see what Theo Fages could do behind a pack that's on the front foot.

Onwards and upwards!

I dont see much of Salford so dont take this tge wrong way, but I was pleasantly surprised with some of the talent you have. A few signings to strengthen the spine of the team will make a huge difference.

I just hope it doesnt happen too quickly (before the cup game)!

I dont see much of Salford so dont take this tge wrong way, but I was pleasantly surprised with some of the talent you have. A few signings to strengthen the spine of the team will make a huge difference.

I just hope it doesnt happen too quickly (before the cup game)!

We have even more talent waiting in the wings too. Alan Hunte is doing great things with our youth set- up and put his money where his mouth is during his short spell as head coach.

What's pleasing is that Noble has been willing to stick with Theo etc when he could've moved Foran etc back into the starting lineup.

I agree though, Theo could be a bit special. He looks like an old fashioned seven with a bit of mongrel in him. Shame he's not English!

A great result for us. We need to win games like this and we did. That gives Salford 3 wins out of 7 at home this year - I would have gladly accepted that in January when we emerged from the shadow of liquidation...

On paper this is the worst that SL has to offer - and yes the overall quality of play reflects that, but most people want a close exciting match with lots of tries and that what was provided. I am Rugby League fan not an expert and I enjoyed Friday night's Widnes V Wakey match - lots of tries, close game. Surely better than reading about people switching off at half time when the score is 36-0? Not every team can come up to the standards set by the top teams - I am glad at Salford that we have a top coach, some great young players and lots of potential to get a lot better in all departments.

And as for Cas, I make no secret that I have a soft spot for them and I hate to hear about all the off field problems. They are a proper RL club in a heartland of our game and I wish them all the best. The speculation about their players (Chase/ Clarke etc,..) must be very unsettling. Salford saw the effect of this last year when Smith was linked with Wigan then left followed by talk of Moon, Gleeson & Holdsworth going - we lost our last 7 games.

thought salford deserved the win, they weren't pretty but they stuck to the job and never gave in, i would love jodie broughton at widnes.

thought salford deserved the win, they weren't pretty but they stuck to the job and never gave in, i would love jodie broughton at widnes.

Oi you! Hands off! :P

We've been asset-stripped enough of late.

hope salford start to climb away from the bottom, even at widnes when they were thrashed they never stopped playing expansive rugby.

It may have lifted my satisfaction levels if Jodie had not been starved of the ball so much,again.

Pleased people on this forum recognised how well Theo played and delighted that the second televised game,refereed by Alibert,has ended with a close scoreline and created some excitement for viewers.

A little controversy,not touched on as yet,being the action of putting Tansey on report for his high tackle.

When SCR defeated HULL KR 38-34 Alibert red-carded 2 players,one from each side,for exchanging punches at a scrum in the final minute,whereas in this game he didn't card Tansey.

As someone who wants SCR to win games,even if they lack quality,I don't object to Alibert being in charge of our next 2 televised games on Sky.Oh,and the BBC after we defeat Warrington in the CC.( Smileys not working )

Having watch the game on SKY this morning, I still wasn't convinced Salford were going to win.

Before today's games the biggest winning margin is 8, yet in this game it's seen as a negative?

For me Shenton could have cost Cas the game 2 breaks, where he failed to look for support.

Tansey should have gone if we have a consistent approach.

Salford will improve defensively under Noble, but I'm still worried that it will follow the Harrison format, when we improved but lost any attacking flair.

Anyway I'll take a win any day.

i thought tansey should have been sent off as it was every bit as bad as the francis meli incident, like the look of fages and it beggars belief that catalans let lads like him leave and sign so many antipodeans.

i thought tansey should have been sent off as it was every bit as bad as the francis meli incident, like the look of fages and it beggars belief that catalans let lads like him leave and sign so many antipodeans.

Possibly better for the French team to have a smattering of lads around the league now.

Thought it was a really entertaining game. I had hoped the new coach factor might bring a few more fans through the gate though.

Thought it was a really entertaining game. I had hoped the new coach factor might bring a few more fans through the gate though.

Agreed - the problems of the crowd will take a lot of hard work to put right. More than the on-field ones. The previous management of the club upset & lost a huge amount of people (I wont bore you with the list of c~~p things - but it is extensive)and having a rather jobsworth stadium management company is not helping. A fresh start with new players and a proper build up (on and off field) should help a bit and IF we can string together some good results, the crowds will rise.

This year is a new start for us - any wins we get are a bonus. Our young players like Sneyd, Fages, Walne and Owen will be getting valuable experience and 7 points at half way through is 7 more than I though we would have by now!

Where do I start !

Firstly I'll take the two points ,both teams had hatfuls of chances to secure the game but didn't that's why we're where we are , people passing judgement on Noble's tenure ?? he's been in the job less than a week !!

From a Salford point of view Cas picked our pockets last season with a last gasp 34-30 win , we've just repaid the compliment on Saturday.

both teams have talent but lack confidence  - I was at Headingley watching the Cas Leeds CC game and it took two moments of magic from Maguire to secure the win.

Chase was brilliant as ever for Cas , but is such a pivot for them he sometimes overplays moves,  

We don't yet have such an influencial player maker ( they all left ..) but as a team manage to  get over the line.

The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans / Harlequins ??- Toulon try fest .... 

It's round 13 of a season Salford were in danger of not even starting , we're on out 3rd manager  , with an assistant Coach on his way out after the Wigan Game, yet we have 7 points and much more positives than negatives to work on.

As for crowds , there's is alot of bridge building ( literally ) with fans & locals with the Club & the Stadium , it's in the interests of the Club they take back control of the ticketing arrangements & parking quickly ..

Where do I start !

Firstly I'll take the two points ,both teams had hatfuls of chances to secure the game but didn't that's why we're where we are , people passing judgement on Noble's tenure ?? he's been in the job less than a week !!

From a Salford point of view Cas picked our pockets last season with a last gasp 34-30 win , we've just repaid the compliment on Saturday.

both teams have talent but lack confidence  - I was at Headingley watching the Cas Leeds CC game and it took two moments of magic from Maguire to secure the win.

Chase was brilliant as ever for Cas , but is such a pivot for them he sometimes overplays moves,  

We don't yet have such an influencial player maker ( they all left ..) but as a team manage to  get over the line.

The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans - Toulon try fest .... 

It's round 13 of a season Salford were in danger of not even starting , we're on out 3rd manager  , with an assistant Coach on his way out after the Wigan Game, yet we have 7 points and much more positives than negatives to work on.

As for crowds , there's is alot of bridge building ( literally ) with fans & locals with the Club & the Stadium , it's in the interests of the Club they take back control of the ticketing arrangements & parking quickly ..

This