Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers - KO 6.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Where do I start !

Firstly I'll take the two points ,both teams had hatfuls of chances to secure the game but didn't that's why we're where we are , people passing judgement on Noble's tenure ?? he's been in the job less than a week !!

From a Salford point of view Cas picked our pockets last season with a last gasp 34-30 win , we've just repaid the compliment on Saturday.

both teams have talent but lack confidence  - I was at Headingley watching the Cas Leeds CC game and it took two moments of magic from Maguire to secure the win.

Chase was brilliant as ever for Cas , but is such a pivot for them he sometimes overplays moves,  

We don't yet have such an influencial player maker ( they all left ..) but as a team manage to  get over the line.

The Widnes - Wakey game was equally end to end with lapses in concentration but great to watch , as was the game on Saturday., but I cannot understand people wanting rid of teams playing entertaining , albeit flawed RL . maybe they're should have watched the Saracans / Harlequins ??- Toulon try fest .... 

It's round 13 of a season Salford were in danger of not even starting , we're on out 3rd manager  , with an assistant Coach on his way out after the Wigan Game, yet we have 7 points and much more positives than negatives to work on.

As for crowds , there's is alot of bridge building ( literally ) with fans & locals with the Club & the Stadium , it's in the interests of the Club they take back control of the ticketing arrangements & parking quickly ..

I agree with all of that, especially the bit in bold. We should all start looking at the positives.

I agree with all of that, especially the bit in bold. We should all start looking at the positives.

Me too. Long road to travel but I have faith in those at the wheel now.

Further to your point 41hound, must admit that I stopped watching Salford about 13 years ago, initially because I don't like Super league, and after 25 years of false promises and lies, but later I actually fell out with the club after the way I was treated by certain people at the club when I did attend the odd game. Anyway, I went on to enjoying RL as a neutral, until Celtic Crusaders came along and I got attached to them (Still am a supporter of NW Crusaders). I still have an aerial photo of the Willows on my wall though as I spent some of the best days of my life there in pre Super League times (Knocking Wigan out of the Challenge cup) and I also have a framed copy of the 1969 Challenge cup final programme. Anyway, my point is I really like this Dr Koukash guy. He "ruffles feathers" at the RFL and that is always good. He seems like a genuine guy to me and he is a winner. I think my long suffering Salford friends might finally be getting a team to be proud of. I like Noble too. He did great for us at Crusaders. After years in indifference and I now find myself wanting my home town club to win again and although I will never become a Super league fan again I am tempted to sample the occasional Salford game again now.

Further to your point 41hound, must admit that I stopped watching Salford about 13 years ago, initially because I don't like Super league, and after 25 years of false promises and lies, but later I actually fell out with the club after the way I was treated by certain people at the club when I did attend the odd game. Anyway, I went on to enjoying RL as a neutral, until Celtic Crusaders came along and I got attached to them (Still am a supporter of NW Crusaders). I still have an aerial photo of the Willows on my wall though as I spent some of the best days of my life there in pre Super League times (Knocking Wigan out of the Challenge cup) and I also have a framed copy of the 1969 Challenge cup final programme. Anyway, my point is I really like this Dr Koukash guy. He "ruffles feathers" at the RFL and that is always good. He seems like a genuine guy to me and he is a winner. I think my long suffering Salford friends might finally be getting a team to be proud of. I like Noble too. He did great for us at Crusaders. After years in indifference and I now find myself wanting my home town club to win again and although I will never become a Super league fan again I am tempted to sample the occasional Salford game again now.

Come back in from the cold. You know you wanna ;)

Your initials K.R. I suspect.

If I am correct you will have to return.( No acces to Smileys )

I know your comment is a bit "tongue in cheek" but Coming out of the woodwork is a bit rich coming from a Bradford fan. LOL! Your probably not as old as me and can't remember the empty terraces at Odsal. Your success was built on Cougarmania! How many ex Keighley and Dewsbury fans follow Bradford now? Anyway, I am not coming out of the woodwork. I have a season ticket for North Wales Crusaders, and when they don't have a game I always find a RL game to go to, every Saturday and Sunday. Salford are a 10 minute drive from my house now but I have only ever been there once. I don't profess to be loyal to anybody. I can watch RL anywhere, and do so. I go where I am entertained. You are correct TwoBlues. I suspect there are some Salford fans who don't want me anywhere near Barton though, but that won't stop me if I want to go. Probably be at the Catalans game if I can get the night off work. A few of my North Wales mates have always followed Catalans as well.

Nice post - I hope we can start to rise as we really did hit rock bottom. If you decide to come to a match that would be great - if all our spectators of old could do that it would help. Things are a bit different from The Willows as the stadium is run by a Management Company and they lack charm. But there is a fans bar with old matches on video and ex-players on occasion and the view from the stands is good. It is best to but your ticket in advance via club website and print off at home. We have a lot to improve to keep Rugby League alive in Salford, but I am sure that next year will be a lot better.

Salford are a 10 minute drive from my house now but I have only ever been there once. Probably be at the Catalans game if I can get the night off work. A few of my North Wales mates have always followed Catalans as well.

That'll be good but I must inform you that the CC quarter finals are the week before this fixture and the semi-finals the week after,so Salford priorities may be elsewhere. :dry:  :D  :D

Though I suspect the appearance of Mr Bousquet should be sufficient to raise the temperature and the atmosphere.