Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gingerjon

Farage poles the electorate

341 posts in this topic

No, I was quite clear on who the industry are. They are the people working for the professional bodies such as the CRE (and successors) as well as groups such as the Black Police Federation and various community groups.

The common thread among them is that they are paid lots of money and get to speak on "race issues" but in fact there are a lot of corruption issues (see Eyes passim). It's pretty much "jobs for the boys" except that "the boys" owe their positions to their political views and their skin colour rather than which school they went to.

I'm not a UKIP supporter but there is much that is wrong with this and it needs to be swept away. The police need to be more honest than the average citizen and diversity bodies should be less racist than the average citizen (but they are not). I'd fire half of them and recruit new people.

well it's hardly an 'industry' if it consists o fwhat you say it consists of, but no matter.

Does the black and multi ethnic police federation have paid officials? It stands to reason thst its officials will be black or from other ethnic minorities. The fact thst thid grtouip exists is perhaps a comment on the way tha tpolice  officers of ethnic minorities have been treated historically by their colleagues

People who do jobs get paid. Peoples' view on matters of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation an so on are by definition political so if you are going to be involved in what you strangely call an 'industry'in a pro active  then it stands to reason that your involvement will represent a political perspectiveintrms of wanting to do something about issues of equality.

I'm no better informed about what UKIP means by 'political correctness' and what it intends to do about it than when I originlly asked the question: but as ever I've enjoyed our discussion.

see you there then.

:D

It's Nige's round.

I've been trying to find out what Ukip's actual position on Scotland is. It appears to be to yell at people. They can be consistent in that the SNP 'way out' is followed by an idea of going back into Europe - so Ukip can be against that easily enough. What I can't find out is if they're against independence/devo max/any other idea as well.

I think Lord Monckton was their man on Scottish affairs. Google him... he is brilliant...

"Political correctness" eh? Just another infringement of our freedoms, you can't even call a black person a "###### anymore", or a person with cerebral palsy a "spacker" and as for those queer, bum bandit, ###### types, what's happening to our great country?

"Political correctness" eh? Just another infringement of our freedoms, you can't even call a black person a "###### anymore", or a person with cerebral palsy a "spacker" and as for those queer, bum bandit, ###### types, what's happening to our great country?

We're all being reduced to stereotypical left-wing cliches and forced to troll the Internet.

I've been trying to find out what Ukip's actual position on Scotland is. It appears to be to yell at people. They can be consistent in that the SNP 'way out' is followed by an idea of going back into Europe - so Ukip can be against that easily enough. What I can't find out is if they're against independence/devo max/any other idea as well.

They are against independence, and have just asked this weekend whether they could affiliate to the 'Better Together' No campaign. They, perhaps unsurprisingly, said No! The reasons given for their exclusion are a little curious:-

A Better Together ­spokesman said: “UKIP have asked to join us and we have said no.

“If they ask again, we will say no again.

“They are not a Scottish party and this is a Scottish debate.”

Hmm, a campaign to highlight the benefits of being together in 'Britain' excludes a party because they are British. Then again, so are Labour, the Conservatives and the Lib Dems. Strange.

On devolution the last UKIP 'policy' was to effectively abolish the parliament and replace it with a Scottish Grand Committee at Westminster. I don't really think that they've thought it through... 

well it's hardly an 'industry' if it consists o fwhat you say it consists of, but no matter.

Does the black and multi ethnic police federation have paid officials? It stands to reason thst its officials will be black or from other ethnic minorities. The fact thst thid grtouip exists is perhaps a comment on the way tha tpolice  officers of ethnic minorities have been treated historically by their colleagues

People who do jobs get paid. Peoples' view on matters of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation an so on are by definition political so if you are going to be involved in what you strangely call an 'industry'in a pro active  then it stands to reason that your involvement will represent a political perspectiveintrms of wanting to do something about issues of equality.

I'm no better informed about what UKIP means by 'political correctness' and what it intends to do about it than when I originlly asked the question: but as ever I've enjoyed our discussion.

There are paid officials. There are open policies of appointing BEM candidates over white ones because of their skin colour. There are also training positions that only BEM candidates can apply for. The NUT offers free management training courses (with stays in hotels paid for) to BEM only.

There is a whole sub-culture where it is okay to treat people differently depending on their skin colour as long as it is done for "the right reasons". This is also true of gender as well (All women short-lists anyone?).

I, for one, find it highly distasteful.

Whilst we are talking about some admittedly annoying UKIP politicians whose various misdeeds include not paying parking charges; there is a story floating about about a "community leader" and how Bangladesh would like to interview him in connection with war crimes committed during Bangladesh's war of independence. Which is more serious war crimes or illegal parking?

And yet which one are we discussing?

It's Nige's round.

I know. I'm fetching a couple of mates. Good old EU expenses.

They are against independence, and have just asked this weekend whether they could affiliate to the 'Better Together' No campaign. They, perhaps unsurprisingly, said No! The reasons given for their exclusion are a little curious:-

A Better Together ­spokesman said: “UKIP have asked to join us and we have said no.

“If they ask again, we will say no again.

“They are not a Scottish party and this is a Scottish debate.”

Hmm, a campaign to highlight the benefits of being together in 'Britain' excludes a party because they are British. Then again, so are Labour, the Conservatives and the Lib Dems. Strange.

On devolution the last UKIP 'policy' was to effectively abolish the parliament and replace it with a Scottish Grand Committee at Westminster. I don't really think that they've thought it through... 

It may have something to do with the number of candidates that each party puts up for election in Scotland. Even if the Tories aren't very popular, they do have significant support and grassroots organisations in Scotland while UKIP are a significant minority party in England, I'm not sure that they are in Scotland. 

They will win the next election hands down with a simple manifesto:)

I would like to see

* Income tax lowered to at least 20%

* Higher taxes on lagers and ###### mass produced beers ZERO taxes on real ale and all micro breweries:)

* Grammar schools back (Get rid of all the NEW university,s which are basically art colleges for drop outs)

* Free Gas and Electricity for pensioners

* STOP ALL cuts to the Royal Navy + bring back the ARK ROYAL:)))))

* Overseas funding 100% CUT to everywhere but the old British Commonwealth (Increased amounts there)

* BAN our troops from get involved in pointless wars that have nothing to do with us Iraq etc

* Invade Rhodesia and kick Mugube out:))))

* Repeal the 1967 marine offences act

* Make rugby league and cricket compulsory in all state schools

* Legalize brothels like in Spain and other countries (We are years behind) and dont tell me they will be victims (They certainly are in the UK where foreign criminals control it)

* Steam trains brought back onto the main lines at weekends (They would be packed) and many branch lines rebuilt

The above is just for starters:)))

CM

That is quite the most magnificent list I've ever seen. I especially like the bit where we raise aid for India and don't leave the EU.

They will win the next election hands down with a simple manifesto:)

I would like to see

* Income tax lowered to at least 20%

* Higher taxes on lagers and ###### mass produced beers ZERO taxes on real ale and all micro breweries:)

* Grammar schools back (Get rid of all the NEW university,s which are basically art colleges for drop outs)

* Free Gas and Electricity for pensioners

* STOP ALL cuts to the Royal Navy + bring back the ARK ROYAL:)))))

* Overseas funding 100% CUT to everywhere but the old British Commonwealth (Increased amounts there)

* BAN our troops from get involved in pointless wars that have nothing to do with us Iraq etc

* Invade Rhodesia and kick Mugube out:))))

* Repeal the 1967 marine offences act

* Make rugby league and cricket compulsory in all state schools

* Legalize brothels like in Spain and other countries (We are years behind) and dont tell me they will be victims (They certainly are in the UK where foreign criminals control it)

* Steam trains brought back onto the main lines at weekends (They would be packed) and many branch lines rebuilt

The above is just for starters:)))

CM

Your welcome ideas have much to commend them, but need a tweak

Permit me

Scrapping comps and reintroducing grammar schools would cast aside at a stroke one of mrs thatcher's flagship policies .

Alas the ark royal is worn out, but I would rename the royal navy's new carriers Eagle and Furious instead of after two benefits scroungers: names carried proudly by famous aircraft carriers of the past

Surely rugby league should be compulsory on private schools as well as state schools

Excellent call on the steam trains

As for the brothels; can I just say how much I admire your lack of self interest on this one; truly states person like

Good call on the beer as well

DONT WORRY, We will 100% be leaving the EU ,aid for India will also include monies go to create TIGER havens to stop those nasty chinese having them killed for the sake of imaginary penis enlargement:))))))

CM

So, to summarise: a vote for you is a vote for genuine penis enlargement and legalised brothels?

So, to summarise: a vote for you is a vote for genuine penis enlargement and legalised brothels?

And steam trains. Don't forget the steam trains!

That would net them an extra hundred thousand votes in Lancashire

And steam trains. Don't forget the steam trains!

Yes, yes!

Are we talking just an increase in summer excursions or a return of steam locos to the network?

That would net them an extra hundred thousand votes in Lancashire

That would be from the womenfolk.

Sadly for Yorkshire, sheep don't get the vote.  :P  :)

edited to add the smilies.

365 days a year at weekends (They can pull the bloody track up during the week:)))) + a relaying of many old branch lines to re-connect to the network.

Like this one www.bluebell-railway.co.uk

TAX FREE DRAFT REAL ALE will be served in the buffet at all times

ONLY ALBUM TRACKS will be played on the trains speaker systems

There will be FIRST and SECOND CLASS bedrooms available on long distance overnight trains to entertain yourselves (Sort of a mobile legalized brothel:)

Pensioners and families will receive a minimum 50% discount (No children obviously allowed on the overnight slapper specials to Scotland and the West Country)

TRAINS will also have their proper names re-instated

FLYING SCOTSMAN

YORKSHIRE PULLMAN

Etc

RL and Cricket fans to receive FREE travel to matches as part of their season ticket:)

CM

Have you thought this through in terms of the drivers and firemen required? 

My old dad used to say that anybody who wants to see steam locos back has never driven one to Kellingley Colliery at five in the morning in the depths of winter.

Although I suppose brothel cars may act as an incentive in any recruitment drive.

365 days a year at weekends (They can pull the bloody track up during the week:)))) + a relaying of many old branch lines to re-connect to the network.

Like this one www.bluebell-railway.co.uk

TAX FREE DRAFT REAL ALE will be served in the buffet at all times

ONLY ALBUM TRACKS will be played on the trains speaker systems

There will be FIRST and SECOND CLASS bedrooms available on long distance overnight trains to entertain yourselves (Sort of a mobile legalized brothel:)

Pensioners and families will receive a minimum 50% discount (No children obviously allowed on the overnight slapper specials to Scotland and the West Country)

TRAINS will also have their proper names re-instated

FLYING SCOTSMAN

YORKSHIRE PULLMAN

Etc

RL and Cricket fans to receive FREE travel to matches as part of their season ticket:)

CM

Makes a lot of sense

No black fives please

Wouldn't mind a rebuild of:

Unrebuilt patriots

Lord nelson class as modified by bulleid

K3 260s

Thompson modified Pacifics: he was right all along

Extra bonus for Virgin drivers to switch to steam:)))))

CM

Big risk taking on drivers who don't know how to handle a dodgy boiler.

The European Union started out as the Common Market ... a trading organisation ...

That's just remarkably bad history.

That's just remarkably bad history.

If you say so. You will have ample opportunity to expand on that hypothesis if you ever get offered an interview for a proper job.

One thing the growth in the UKIP vote at these elections overshadowed was the collapse of the BNP's vote share. With fewer than a quarter of candidates that stood in 2009, the average percentage vote for candidates was under half what it was.

Their response? Griffin is proposing entryism in his column on his party's website (note, the link is not to the BNP)

http://www.democracyforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122944

The BNP are mindless idiots and anyone who accuses UKIP of being similar to them is totally ignorant of what the party stands for.

At least there is now an alternative for a protest vote although i am certain that UKIP will continue to do well:) which is great news as it puts all the others under pressure:))

CM

As has happened in the past when they called for an electoral pact not to stand against each other's candidates, it is the BNP who think they are similar.