Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piggy's mate

Second Vs Fifth

42 posts in this topic

Looking forward to this one as Leigh is my favorite "new" RL ground and the place of the memorable cup Semi final win that was only topped by winning the final itself - Dewsbury fans won't know what I'm on about as even winning a game is a vague memory at the moment!

I will go Leigh 16 - Dogs 34 (we are just too good and too fast at the moment and deserve our second place in the table)

Rubbish Piggy - it's only a couple of weeks since we thrashed Myton Warriors. When was the last time you did that ? ;)  

Looking forward to this one as Leigh is my favorite "new" RL ground and the place of the memorable cup Semi final win that was only topped by winning the final itself - Dewsbury fans won't know what I'm on about as even winning a game is a vague memory at the moment!

I will go Leigh 16 - Dogs 34 (we are just too good and too fast at the moment and deserve our second place in the table)

Rubbish Piggy - it's only a couple of weeks since we thrashed Myton Warriors. When was the last time you did that ? ;)

Sorry I didnt think any Rams supporters turned up to watch that one ;o)

I'll go 16-32 batley

Crowd 1,255

After the exersions of last Sunday, I have a feeling we could come unstuck here.

Lets not forget this Leigh side have a lot of SL experience and have home advantage.

Usually these games are very tight too.

I`m going to go for 24-16 to Leigh

I think this could go either way. The giants game must of taken its toll on our lads this week. It'll be a close one and I'm looking forward to it.

If we can manage a win it will set us up nicely for the featherstone game. :)

Leigh 12 Batley 18.

Cant wait for this one. Its a really tough game though. If we start well i think we'll win by 12, lets hope for no cup hangovers! Leigh 12 Dogs 24

Leigh 24 - Puppies 16.

Leigh have a lot to prove in this one.We cannot be too complacent.It tends to slap you in the face.

Any win will do.

After the exersions of last Sunday, I have a feeling we could come unstuck here.

Lets not forget this Leigh side have a lot of SL experience and have home advantage.

Usually these games are very tight too.

I`m going to go for 24-16 to Leigh

I don't think mr kear will allow that to happen and he knows how to kick on with the guys

Hope we don't suffer a cup hangover, Leigh 14 Dogs 20

Hope we don't suffer a cup hangover, Leigh 14 Dogs 20

Not going to sit on the fence here - 20 - 20 draw, Buford to miss the whole of the second half due to Balti pie poisoning. :O

Leigh never an easy team to beat especially at home. Winning this one would really make everyone sit up and take notice.

Good luck to the lads. Keep up the excellent work.

We aren't going to have a 16 point lead at anytime in this game in my opinion.  They are no slouches even though we are flying above them so I wouldn't write them off.  Any way of collecting 3 points is a good one with me (preferably by more than 12).

first_shot_beverly_hillbillies.jpg

It looks like the Batley bus but I dont understand why Grumpy Old Ram and Eddie Rombo are sat in the back seats?

See your supporters coach as set off.......lol

Much appreciated GOR and I am sure you will enjoy the second half for a change

Traditionally after a good performance in a big game, we tend to be dreadful the week after and seem to believe in our own hype a bit too much, although I dont think JK will allow the players to get into that mindet.

I am slightly worried about how much Sundays effort took out of us - lets not forget Leigh spent most of the last 2 games chasing shadows so will certainly be fresher and out to prove a point.

Its too tight to call this one and I hope we can sneak it, not bothered if we win ugly as long as we win.

Going to LSV for first time.Iam so old I can only remember Hilton Park.

Stan Gittins was an exceptional layer as was Terry Gorman.

Is the standing area open to away fans for Leigh home game?.I hate sitting

Away fans can go in any stand they want............usually get a few standing near me at the top of the north stand.

Batley is the favourite away ground of many fans - always a great day out. Should be a cracker of a game.  I'm glad many of you enjoy going to Leigh and hope you can today. Both teams feeling it at the moment after tough encounters, but both greedy for the win. Leigh have 7 of 21 squad unavailable, with 2 youngsters Rhodri Lloyd and James Hill filling the gaps. 

I can't call it, but I hope it's another great advert for the Championship, and that a decent number go through the turnstiles. We need bigger gates and unfortunately many Leigh people sit in the pubs or at home watching football on a Sunday afternoon. With ManU having already won, it's a pointless game to watch, so I'm hoping that a few more think about going.

So, Leigh to win I hope, have a great day and safe journeys - time to get some brekkie and if you can go, please do

and a tune for fans and players of both teams, and rugby league in general 

See you all there for what promises to be a great game. Hope the dogs can come away with 3 points.