Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

Exiles squad

31 posts in this topic

... announced tonight by all accounts. Interview with newly announced captain on Boots n All.

Erm... is that it? Made me look a bit (more) of a muppet!

Impossible.

Exiles 27-man squad:  Louis Anderson (Catalan Dragons, New Zealand), Chris Bailey (London Broncos, Australia), Michael Dobson (Hull Kingston Rovers, Australia), David Faiumu (Huddersfield Giants, Samoa), Blake Green (Wigan Warriors, Australia), Rhys Hanbury (Widnes Vikings, Australia), Brett Hodgson (Warrington Wolves, Australia, Captain), Lance Hohaia (St Helens, New Zealand), Antonio Kaufusi (London Broncos, Tonga), Kylie Leuluai (Leeds Rhinos, Samoa), Heath L’Estrange (Bradford Bulls, Australia), Willie Manu (St Helens, Tonga), Manesi Manuokafo (Bradford Bulls, Tonga), Daryl Millard (Catalan Dragons, Fiji), Joel Monaghan (Warrington Wolves, Australia), Michael Monaghan (Warrington Wolves, Australia), Joel Moon (Leeds Rhinos, Australia), Mark O’Meley (Hull FC, Australia), Micky Paea (Hull Kingston Rovers, Tonga), Cory Patterson (Hull Kingston Rovers, Australia), Justin Poore (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Australia), Tony Puletua (St Helens, Samoa), Pat Richards (Wigan Warriors, Ireland), Jarrod Sammut (Bradford Bulls, Australia), Iosia Soliola (St Helens, Samoa), Zeb Taia (Catalan Dragons, Cook Islands) and Trent Waterhouse (Warrington Wolves, Australia).

Hodgson

Monaghan

Taia

Moon

Richards

Green

Dobson

Leuluai

Monaghan

Manafouko

Paterson

Soliola

Manu

Sammut

O'meley

Puletua

Paea

On what basis has Hodgson been picked over Kearney? Performances in 2007?

McNamara can't be in charge of both sides can he surely.

great to see rhys hanbury get a call up, the lads on fire this season and thoroughly deserves his place, but surely hep cahill was more worthy of a place in the squad than the woeful manu!

Hodgson

Monaghan

Taia

Moon

Richards

Green

Dobson

Leuluai

Monaghan

Manafouko

Paterson

Soliola

Manu

Sammut

O'meley

Puletua

Paea

manu, are you joking??

How can Richards be in? Ireland player? Are the French and welsh lads eligible for the exiles?

Genuine question

They can hold it over there soon, you know, with all their fantastic walk on water players against all the imports they're going to take from us with their top dollar (the Brits rubbished until they play there) - then it'll be viewed as a fantastic concept of course. 

Exiles 27-man squad:  Louis Anderson (Catalan Dragons, New Zealand), Chris Bailey (London Broncos, Australia), Michael Dobson (Hull Kingston Rovers, Australia), David Faiumu (Huddersfield Giants, Samoa), Blake Green (Wigan Warriors, Australia), Rhys Hanbury (Widnes Vikings, Australia), Brett Hodgson (Warrington Wolves, Australia, Captain), Lance Hohaia (St Helens, New Zealand), Antonio Kaufusi (London Broncos, Tonga), Kylie Leuluai (Leeds Rhinos, Samoa), Heath L’Estrange (Bradford Bulls, Australia), Willie Manu (St Helens, Tonga), Manesi Manuokafo (Bradford Bulls, Tonga), Daryl Millard (Catalan Dragons, Fiji), Joel Monaghan (Warrington Wolves, Australia), Michael Monaghan (Warrington Wolves, Australia), Joel Moon (Leeds Rhinos, Australia), Mark O’Meley (Hull FC, Australia), Micky Paea (Hull Kingston Rovers, Tonga), Cory Patterson (Hull Kingston Rovers, Australia), Justin Poore (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Australia), Tony Puletua (St Helens, Samoa), Pat Richards (Wigan Warriors, Ireland), Jarrod Sammut (Bradford Bulls, Australia), Iosia Soliola (St Helens, Samoa), Zeb Taia (Catalan Dragons, Cook Islands) and Trent Waterhouse (Warrington Wolves, Australia).

Shouldn't that be Malta?

I'm happy for the Bulls lads to rest up, even though they'd obviously want to play. But going from that I'd pick:

1. Brett Hodgson - the Exiles version of Kevin Sinfield ;)

2. Joel Monaghan

3. Daryl Millard

4. Joel Moon

5. Pat Richards

6. Blake Green

7. Michael Dobson

8. Mark O'Meley

9. Michael Monaghan

10. Justin Poore

11. Cory Paterson

12. Iosia Soliola

13. Louis Anderson

14. Rhys Hanbury

15. Trent Waterhouse

16. Kylie Leuluai

17. Zeb Taia

Pretty poor squad to be honest, with 4 outside backs named in Joel Moon, Pat Richards, Joel Monaghan and Daryl Millard (5 including centre/second row Zeb Taia).

I agree with the Kearney comment, however where will he play as hodgson is captain he is a shoe in to start only place hodgson could play other then FB is SO,and I can't see him playing there with green & sammut both selected!

Up the Exiles!

How can Richards be in? Ireland player? Are the French and welsh lads eligible for the exiles?

Genuine question

Because he's Australian.

Hodgson

Monaghan

Taia

Moon

Richards

Green

Dobson

Leuluai

Monaghan

Manafouko

Paterson

Soliola

Manu

Sammut

O'meley

Puletua

Paea

Without the NRL based players for England I think that team would be favourites.  You've picked a good side there.

If the Exiles don't get many players dropping out that is a pretty good squad of players who perform well in English conditions. You'd hope and expect England to win, but you never know and I think it could be a cracking game. In terms of quality of the side, I would put the Exiles team not far behind the Country vs City teams actually.

Because he's Australian.

Seems a bit wrong to me. If an Ireland player can play, why not the French too?

Seems a bit wrong to me. If an Ireland player can play, why not the French too?

Because they're not Australian!

Richards is Australian.

Didn't France play Wales on the same weekend as the Exiles game last year?

Because they're not Australian!

Richards is Australian.

Didn't France play Wales on the same weekend as the Exiles game last year?

He plays for Ireland! Smart ######! In the field of international league, he is Irish. Jarred sammut, Maltese. Can other Irish or Maltese players runfor the exiles?

He plays for Ireland! Smart ######! In the field of international league, he is Irish. Jarred sammut, Maltese. Can other Irish or Maltese players runfor the exiles?

Damien Blanch probably.