Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Nicklas becomes a permanent Knight

64 posts in this topic

If it was up to me (sadly it isn't), I'd be taking a contract over to France for Eloni Vunakece to get him over here. A go forward prop like him would make a world of difference to the halfbacks we've already got.

If it was up to me (sadly it isn't), I'd be taking a contract over to France for Eloni Vunakece to get him over here. A go forward prop like him would make a world of difference to the halfbacks we've already got.

Simon,

Very good call on this player, bet there's a few English clubs who are aware of his talents, wonder what he does for a profession though as no doubt his rugby earnings are only a secondary income so would need a job as well as a contract, maybe he's a printer !

Seems he wasn't actually signed.

Gary Thornton gives his view...

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/10404386.York_City_Knights__Danny_Nicklas_in_shock_switch_to_Hull_KR/

Feel free to comment on the Press site as well as on here. (In other words PLEASE leave comments on the Press site under Knights stories, thanks.)

Peter,

What can we really add ?

Been here so many times with this club ! A mercenary player getting best deal he can, perhaps using us to keep fit, his agent just after the cash, a SL club pillaging young talent, our club never had a signature on paper even though they announced the signing, so we have no commercial recourse on anyone, only losers ? Us paying fans again, promises, promises, actually our club is a shambles at times. At least we now know why Nicklas didn't have the impact he should have....head and heart not in it, I really hope after a couple of 'off games' that his No.6 partner hasn't already got his eye on next season and knows where he's playing......I fear that he does.

Simon,

Very good call on this player, bet there's a few English clubs who are aware of his talents, wonder what he does for a profession though as no doubt his rugby earnings are only a secondary income so would need a job as well as a contract, maybe he's a printer !

He's a TV extra.  EMMERDALE !!!!

He's a TV extra.  EMMERDALE !!!!

Andy

Are you joking ? A TV extra, what part does he play in Emmerdale?.............. A Tree ?

Hows he gonna get a game in front of Dobson and Burns ?? He was nowt special against us like i said after the game. I feel for you lads, the game is slowly dying due to the have,s and the have nots, it happened to us with Kyle Briggs a few years ago.

One man to blame for this mess in nearly all pro sport, a little known french,belgium footballer called Jean Marc Bosman, hes ruined it for the smaller clubs.

Bad news all round for me, we need to strengthen asap to consolidate in this league, Spaven would

be a good call, also Tom Hemmingway....

Simon,

Aren't Toulouse a full time team now?

Also, the game isn't dying, it's stagnated because of SL licencing. Come 2015, every thing will change and all clubs will have more money.

Sandercock: "I'll wait and see how Danny Nicklas does in training before considering signing him"

There's a moral to this story somewhere...

When did he say that? My shadow self hopes it was after the announcement...

When did he say that? My shadow self hopes it was after the announcement...

Yesterday apparently...

Yesterday apparently...

Well, My Shadow Self is expectant of no contract for Tansey II ...

Funny how KR have send him out to Gateshead on DR

Lovely stuff.

After reading his tweets, its even lovelier stuff.

Glad we're shut of him.

Ben Johnston did more in 12 minutes yesterday that Nicklas did in all the games he was at York. I'd say Gateshead is about his standard TBH, his attitude is helping him throw away a promising career.

Read his tweets , what an arrogant self important nobody he is , seems to think very highly of himself & now he's at Gateshead , as you say proberbly his level , good riddance to him!

By the way Simon , you know nowt about Rugby League , so stick to printing , ha ha !!!!!

By the way Simon , you know nowt about Rugby League , so stick to printing , ha ha !!!!!

I've been insulted on Twitter by better players than him, that's for sure!

It's a shame when someone with a bit of talent has to slate a club that gave him the chance to play on a regular basis , lets face it Hull clearly didn't wan him as has been proved , we offered him a contract so he could keep playing but that wasnt good enough so off he trotted to K R , now he's at Gateshead ! Big step up that , thanks Danny for nothing , were better off without you !

hi guys, I missed our game at the weekend, so never saw danny nicklas play for us, heard he played well, by looks of your comments you guys don't like him, what happened with him at York?