Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

RFL referees launch twitter account

42 posts in this topic

I suspect it will go the same way as Phil Clarke's "margin meter".

Just to be clear, you mean it will go away for a while then come back again much improved and no longer hyped as something it was never meant to be?

As long as they can weather the first couple of weeks they will have blocked most of the idiots, as they all seem helpfully seem set on identify themselves.

Just to be clear, you mean it will go away for a while then come back again much improved and no longer hyped as something it was never meant to be?

As long as they can weather the first couple of weeks they will have blocked most of the idiots, as they all seem helpfully seem set on identify themselves.

Just to be clear,I don't!

Just to be clear,I don't!

Okay!

Just seemed an odd example when the margin meter is used several times during every Sky match. Seems odder now.

Okay!

Just seemed an odd example when the margin meter is used several times during every Sky match. Seems odder now.

You stated Clarkes new improved margin meter was much improved and no longer hyped,it isn't and it is.

They are answering questions on there now - I’m finding it very informative.

I think it's good so far, makes me feel good because I already know all the answers! #ProperFan

Im liking that they seem happy to say, "yes, agree that the pass was forward".

There's no apologies but I wouldnt expect there to be, its a tough gig, they will get things wrong and its nice to see them able to confirm that they got something wrong. To be fair they are right more than often!

I like the idea and as has been said, once theyve gone a few weeks and blocked all the crazies then its a very useful tool to access officials and ask good questions.

I hope they do another one or two in the week and open it up to longer than Sunday evening through Monday afternoon, I'm very forgetful.

Here's my current favourite and to no suprise they didn't reply

@RFLReferees if a female streaker intercepted the ball & scored a perfect try would you goto the big screen to check the grounding?

Alibert admits to a mistake in his reffing of the Salford game, which I think is admirable given the public nature of Twitter.

I don't think that questions can be answered in 140 characters with any consistency.  interesting so far though.

Really enjoyed reading that. Well done refs.

Thought it was superb, hats off to the refs for putting themselves in the firing line so to speak.

I hope they do another one or two in the week and open it up to longer than Sunday evening through Monday afternoon, I'm very forgetful.

I'm impressed by this initiative, and read every (constructive) question that was answered. Good, informative stuff.