See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boro hornet

Hornets v The Scorpions

34 posts in this topic

This weekend both Hornets teams play South Wales Scorpions,with the U20s playing Scorpions U20s on Sat at Mayfield sports centre kick off 5-00pm,then on Sunday a must win game down in Neath when the first team take on the South Wales Scorpions kick off 3-00pm.The team are going down the day before so the club is doing all it can to prepare for the game.

With so few teams in our division every game is important,and the team will have to be at their best to beat the Scorpions,but if they are I believe we can come away with a victory.

Match details taken from http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/

Already booked our overnight stay so there will be another two coming down to Neath.

Hope we can get plenty of support for this vital game.

The lads need our backing.

The u20s game was a cracker,Scorpions edging it, think the final score was 22-30.They really tore into each other.Mayfield- St Judes was equally thrilling. St Judes winning 22 -32. The game breaker being Sam Butts sending off for a high tackle when he had been threatening to take the game by the scruff of the neck.A really great double header apart from the results.

Watched the under 20's game at Mayfield. Lewis Sheridan was outstanding, great prospect.

Final Score Scorpions 30 v 28 Hornets. Late try right on the hooter.

Gutted, we just don't seem to be able to win at Neath!

Pugwash.

We are now 4 points behind the top two so winning against Cruaders is a must.  They have a very good defensive coach, so our attack will have to be sharp and our defence a damn sight better than of late. A good fight back in second half but to concede 24 in first half and not shut out at death is careless to say the least. Defence, defence, defence.

Owdum losing at home is not much consolation!

Makes next weeks game massive ! Need to win by 13 or more but the win will do.Oldham losing today helps.

We have a good record at Spotland, and we need a win alright.Hope the weather improves, a nice sunny day would help.

Skolars away is another bogey for us and its been getting worse.

I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off.

OK Lakeside, you're starting to get a bit nasty now and I don't intend to put up with it when you bring others into the mix. Any more and I'll just delete them, I know it'll feed that huge ego you keep dragging around but I really don't care OK?

Pugwash.

I ve just had a puncture at Hilton Park Services message for Pooing Dog = Pugwash = Mark Wynn provide us with a winning team or clear off.

what are you on none of that makes sense

I hope you're not driving as well as drinking.

As usual we are languishing in the league behind those great bastions of Rugby League North Wales, Hemel Stags, Oxford, South Wales. Does that make sense?

Yesterday was quite simply a victory for South Wales better dual reg' agreement with Wigan and a good reflection of how seriously the bigger clubs take their particular commitments. 5 players 4 of whom have all recently played and looked good in the Wigan 1st 17 (Jack Murphy, Sam Powell, Greg Burke, Scott Taylor) vs ? from Saints.

That said a 2 point loss was a fairly good return especially away from home, but if the Scorpions can call on that sort of backup regular i cant see us finishing top 2 with North Wales and their Super League budget.

As usual we are languishing in the league behind those great bastions of Rugby League North Wales, Hemel Stags, Oxford, South Wales. Does that make sense?

but what was your original post about how can three of the four things you linked together change the team even the fourth has no say in team selection .First time even on this forum some ones blamed a puncture on the moderator and chairman you really are getting desperate now .If you were at the match yesterday why did you not speak to one of the directors present I'm sure they would have answered any questions you had regarding the club not sure if they could help with the puncture though. David Bulcock

And as usual you choose to vent your spleen on three individuals who singularly cannot have any effect on what happened yesterday.

If you also look at the league table you will see that most clubs have played a game more than we have and both our games have been away from Spotland!

Just try to grow up a bit and think before pressing the POST button and you'll not end up looking a chump!

Pugwash.

The non-heartland clubs have none of the baggage of fhe past, much to prove and attain and will not be pushovers as was shown yesterday.  The RFL will be ecstatic if two non-heartland clubs are promoted!  We have to get our act together consistently to earn the reward of promotion and with such a short season we need to be up and running as I thought we were with victory at Oldham.  The 70 loss to Bulls did not help.   Given the stakes, I was shocked to see the start we gave SW and all credit to Hornets for the fightback, but none for losing in the final minute.  Defence wins matches. The last minute loss will hurt and I hope that it proves the catalyst for the NW must win game and hopefully deny them a bonus point, all of which will be crucial come the end of season.   If we lose out on promotion, it will be harder still next season with the newly relegated and stronger clubs in contention.

It will not get any easier if we were promoted given the experience and growing strength of the teams therein, but we are long way off that scenario.

Huge game Sunday after yesterdays dissapointment, we cannot afford a Bradford Bulls hangover. A good week in training and im sure Taly & Matt will sort the issues out

http://www.scorpionsrl.com/News/Article/24861

Dave Clarke says it was the strongest team Scorpions had put out all season,they had 5 duel reg from Wigan a lad on loan from Widnes.Yet we came away with a bonus point denied by a very disputed try in the last seconds that even the welsh fans thought was a clear knock on.

We did not play as well as we could in the first half playing against a very strong wind,but in the second half we came out with every thing still to play for and outplayed them.

We have played a game less than the top teams,but we can not afford to lose on Sunday our first home league match of the season,we will have to be at our best to win which I believe we can and get the season back on the road.

I said at the beginning of the season we would have to win all our home games and as many away games we could and those we lost at least get a bonus point so we are still on my target.

Biggest game of the season is on Sunday lets get behind our team.

Our Number 1 bogey fixture alright, played 3 lost 3!

The  season  before  last, 31st July 2011  to  be  precise,  we  beat  the  Scorpions  at  Neath  13 - 6.

On  Sunday,  when  Hornets  finally  took  the lead by  28 - 24,  they  had  every  opportunity  to  kill  the  game  stone  dead  but  certain  players  took  the  wrong  options   and  forced  needless  passes  instead  of  holding  onto the  ball  and  finishing  with  good kicks.  It  was  clear  to  see  that  the  Scorpions  players  heads  had  gone  down  but  we  didnt  go  for  the  kill.

The  Scorpions  try  on  the  final  play  of the  game  was  from  a  blatant  knock on  but  rather  than  play  to  the  whistle,  Hornets  stood  and waited  for  the  referee  to  blow  for  the  infringement  that  wasnt  forthcoming.  Lets  hope  that  the  refs. decision  doesnt  come  back  to  haunt  us  at  the  end  of  the  season  and  also  that  the  players  has  learned  a harsh  lesson  from  the  game.

The  season  before  last, 31st July 2011  to  be  precise,  we  beat  the  Scorpions  at  Neath  13 - 6.

On  Sunday,  when  Hornets  finally  took  the lead by  28 - 24,  they  had  every  opportunity  to  kill  the  game  stone  dead  but  certain  players  took  the  wrong  options   and  forced  needless  passes  instead  of  holding  onto the  ball  and  finishing  with  good kicks.  It  was  clear  to  see  that  the  Scorpions  players  heads  had  gone  down  but  we  didnt  go  for  the  kill.

The  Scorpions  try  on  the  final  play  of the  game  was  from  a  blatant  knock on  but  rather  than  play  to  the  whistle,  Hornets  stood  and waited  for  the  referee  to  blow  for  the  infringement  that  wasnt  forthcoming.  Lets  hope  that  the  refs. decision  doesnt  come  back  to  haunt  us  at  the  end  of  the  season  and  also  that  the  players  has  learned  a harsh  lesson  from  the  game.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head there O4E, as I've always said, referees give what they see in the main. It's up to players to play to the whistle and not to start claiming bias after the event.

We've both been on that side of the coin eh?

I couldn't go yesterday so all I can go off is what the people did go say, for instance the Twitter feed said we were getting caned 9-1 in the penalties but R.L.&L.E. only had the final penalty count at 7-4, sometimes we are inaccurate completely honestly.

It sounds to me like the squad did really well against a strong Scorpions team, however, it's not too late but this lesson needs to be learned very quickly as this season is extremely short and lose too much ground and you're in the brown and sticky!

I saw Rammy and some players last Friday and they were in a very good mood and dismantled a bloody big table full of grub and they all look very fit to me so that shouldn't be a worry but discipline can be. Learn the lesson qhick.

Remember we've only played two and have a win and a B.P. and in a season of 16 league games it's not bad, win next week and we can draw a line under this defeat.

Pugwash.