Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boro hornet

Hornets v The Scorpions

34 posts in this topic

OK Dave, but my point is still valid, I didn't mean to criticise you because on occasions I've tried to keep track of penalties and it's very difficult unless you write them down. Whichever stat is right there was a wide variation. We just can't afford to allow penalties to get into our heads.

Saints seemed to get on the wrong side of the referee in the Cup game and they suffered from it badly.

Just get your heads down and don't give the ref any easy ways to penalise by back-chatting!

Pugwash.

OK Dave, but my point is still valid, I didn't mean to criticise you because on occasions I've tried to keep track of penalties and it's very difficult unless you write them down. Whichever stat is right there was a wide variation. We just can't afford to allow penalties to get into our heads.

Saints seemed to get on the wrong side of the referee in the Cup game and they suffered from it badly.

Just get your heads down and don't give the ref any easy ways to penalise by back-chatting!

Agree

Pugwash.

It  would  be  interesting  to  find  out  what  the  final  penalty  count  was as  Boro  Hornet  quite  rightly said,  the  count  was  9 - 1  in Scorpions  favour  and  that  was  in  the  first  half.  South  Wales  Angels  springs  to mind.

Another  vital  point  was  that  when  Chris  Hough  entered  the field, from the subs  bench,  Hornets  game  shifted  up a gear.

Sadly  he  was  taken  off  about  half way  through  the second  half   and  Hornets  intensity  dropped  back  a  gear...............You  dont  need  me  to  tell  you  what  Chris  brings  to  the  table.  Unless  he  was  injured, I  thought  he  would  have  been  brought  back  on  for  the  last  ten  minutes  or  so.

Very poor display from the officials again on Sunday and I am not just saying this because we lost. A couple of their fans apologised to me in the bar at the end of the game for the ref not just giving their last try, they said it was a clear knock on, but for the officials performance throughout.That apart I can't understand why, in the dying minute, we are on their ten metre line directly in front of the post and only a converted try in ahead we didn't go for the drop. Succeed and we are two scores in front and just as important, we get the ball back.

Still it's a lot easier when you are just sat in the stand. Very proud of the lads and also the great vocal support from our fans.

If you two are going to organise a bout of al fresco fisticuffs organise it elsewhere please.

Pugwash.

If this thread continues along this vein it will be locked.

Pugwash.

It  was  very  pleasing to  see  the  amount  of  Hornets  supporters  that  went  down  to  South  Wales,  the  vocal  support  from  us  was  very  impressive.

Lets  hope  that  this  level  of  support  will  continue  for the  many  long  away  games  that  we  have  remaining.