Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class of 63

Barrow game

83 posts in this topic

Going to the game feeling we can win,but at worst we need a bonus point

On the Barrow forums prediction thread all 16 posts are going for a Barrow win, can we match that???

We are due a good win up there but we never really play well on that small pitch.

We won't have Danny Bridge & Glenn Riley as they are both in the Warrington Squad to play Bradford Bulls.

Whoever plays should be a tight game.

Bridge and riley are on loan at warrington for min of 5 weeks I believe so it will be some weeks if at all till we will see them. I assume that is why cooper and sarsfield have come in.

Think a bonus is a must, a draw a good result for both and a win would be sweet. Still.feel we have not achieved consistency yet in set completion and therefore have yet to play at our full potential for a full 80 mins. I think barrow have been similar so whoever turns up Blazin on the day will win out. Prediction 12 - 12!

We are due a good win up there but we never really play well on that small pitch.

We won't have Danny Bridge & Glenn Riley as they are both in the Warrington Squad to play Bradford Bulls.

Whoever plays should be a tight game.

I think you will find that the Craven Park pitch is actually full size, unlike many others in the league.

Simply not good enough. We have gone backwardsi. I don't care where our new coach as lcome from but for me we've got worse, not even a bonus point.

Not good enough. Must win on Thursday now but I've lost all faith.

Wayne

After the Toulouse fiasco we were led to believe they were Super League shoe-ins and the result was understandable & acceptable. Then Toulouse got beat off York. Now this today. You can dress it up however you like, but it's not been the best of starts for the coach.

At least 12 of the starting 17 were Swinton players today as opposed to those fulfilling obligations to Warrington Wolves!

Our defence was the strongpoint of Ian Watsons tenure as coach,definitely not the forte of Mr Chambers thus far!

Our defence was the strongpoint of Ian Watsons tenure as coach,definitely not the forte of Mr Chambers thus far!

Yes you'll have to tell Mr Chambers to tell his players to start tackling below the neck.

Hope you realise what will happen when we get relegated Mr Chambers.

What a joke of a performance that was! Defence was absolutely shocking. I think barrow broke the line every other set of 6! It's needs sorting quick because staying in this league is a must!

This was about as bad/ worse than the York game. 10 mins in we were camped on their line. We even scored a try.They then got the ball and never looked back. As said earlier our defence has taken 10 steps back as we were dire. Defence was our strong point 6 weeks ago, not any more. Improvement is needed and a must win game against Whitehaven.

Their is a positive about all this. We got in for nowt. Bonus point to us. ha ha

Heard on Radio Manchester that Briers and Morley are hopeful of being fit for Warringtons cup tie with Salford on May 11th.Wonder if they will get a run out with Swinton first?

Heard on Radio Manchester that Briers and Morley are hopeful of being fit for Warringtons cup tie with Salford on May 11th.Wonder if they will get a run out with Swinton first?

Sorry but that's just wrong if it happens completely outwith the spirit of dual reg/twinning IMHO but of course you will all vilify me for saying it !

no no no no no!!!!!!

Dave why are you muck stirring.........if they are registered D/R then they are eligible to play end of.

Sorry but that's just wrong if it happens completely outwith the spirit of dual reg/twinning IMHO but of course you will all vilify me for saying it !

Wont vilify you for having a valid opinion

Vilify you for the dire little digs you had yesterday

The way things are going I dont even think Morley and Briers could give us a winning edge.

Didnt go to the game, glad I didnt. So far under Gary Chambers iv seen 40 minutes of good rugby, and it was all in one game. I said when he was appointed I was willing to give him a chance. Well as far as im concerned hes had it, and hes proven he isnt the man for the job. This is based purely on the fact that weve got worse since he arrived, not even a similar standard to what Watson was achieving with the lads.

You can get everyone in rugby to quote how hes a top guy, but at the end of the day hes either not a good coach or he has no respect from the players, and it doesnt matter which, because theyre both attributes needed for it to work.

I think this coupled with the squad we have at the moment (ignoring the whole D/R thing for just a second, and looking at the players as individuals) is a recipe for relegation. Last season we came close to bottom, and instead of adding quality to that side, weve lost quality and added unproven, underdeveloped, youngsters, who I can only say at best look like they could be OK in the next 3 years. Of them all id say Jack Morrison and Glen Riley look to be the brightest talents, Rhys Williams has his moments but apart from those two I really dont see any quality at all, or at least nothing that iv not already seen in Championship one over the years (not including Dwyer as I cant see him having much involvement with our season). When we played Leigh, although it ended up a relatively close game (I think most probably down to the fact that Leigh had a bad game) it really did look like Men VS Boys on the field. 

Ive always been sat on the fence over the Warrington connection, but now I dont think its working for reasons different to others. Club politics aside, I just dont think the quality of most of the players weve had off them are good enough for this division. 

I realise that people will probably disagree with my comments, but its how I see it. Rant over.

Wont vilify you for having a valid opinion

Vilify you for the dire little digs you had yesterday

Mark sorry for the digs last night ...never post pi**ed !

what I meant was in this current economic climate Agecroft may be too expensive....I hope im wrong for you guys but again its only an opinion (again put very badly last night!)

Dave why are you muck stirring.........if they are registered D/R then they are eligible to play end of.

. It's not "muck stirring" Alan,it's promoting healthy debate.