Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emosi Koloto

Which Championship players would do well in SL ?

30 posts in this topic

The past few years has seen Zak Hardaker, Chris Hill, Alex Walmsley and Alex Brown do well in Super League. I also expect Hull KR prop James Green to kick on after his stint with Batley.

Who else could we see make that step up in the near future ?

I would like to see how Leigh's Ryan Brierley goes, he looks a good talent.

Barrows Liam Harrison at either centre or second row.

Liam Harrison for sure. Elliot Miller and Brett Phillips at Workington. Menzie Yere and Dominic Brambani at Sheffield could make the step up IMO. Few Fev lads like Liam Finn, I'd like to see see Tommy Saxton have a go at SL.

That young lad from York did ok for Hull against Wigan last night, scoring just the three tries...

:)

That young lad from York did ok for Hull against Wigan last night, scoring just the three tries...

:)

Indeed he did!

I'd ask if you had a decent scrum half there that we could pinch, but I know better! ;)

Forgetting the Dual Regs players. I think the likes of Scott Murrell, Sam Barlow, Tony Tonks, Sam Smeaton, Liam Finn, Ryan Brierley, Menzie Yere, could step up.

Tony Tonks, Anthony England, Steve Crossley, Sam Barlow, Sam Smeaton, Dom Brambani, Liam Finn, Kyle Briggs and Andy Kain among others could make the step up with full time training IMHO.

Then there's the likes of Matt James and Andy Ellis, who I can't for the life of me fathom why Wakefield let go. Ellis in particular is far too good to not be playing full time.

Forgot about Ellis, absolute joke he's not playing SL.

One player I would like see to step up for his kicking game alone is Simon Brown at York. He got MOM in a good few of the Sheffield games on their march to the title last year.

the phillips brother from workington, callum and brett. and a massive mention for our very own phil joseph who has been superb in super league this season...

Haven't some of those mentioned already played in SL or am I confused

Actually none of the Featherstone players are any good at all. Especially the young ones. No point looking there at all, nothing to see. Coach too. OK?

andy kain was garbage at widnes, glad we got shut...........tommy saxton was at castleford and liam finn was at halifax in SL, as for liam harrison, if he was super league standard then he would be playing there now, wire took him on trial just to get his brother ben...

jimmy taylor should have gone to a super league club from leigh, what a waste of talent. he could have made the england squad..

andy kain was garbage at widnes, glad we got shut...........tommy saxton was at castleford and liam finn was at halifax in SL, as for liam harrison, if he was super league standard then he would be playing there now, wire took him on trial just to get his brother ben...

Harrison has improved immensely since his move to the second row. He's probably to old now to be worth taking on a punt for SL but he's more than capable than playing at that level.

Judging by what I've seen on telly last couple of days shouldn't we be asking which SL players might do well in the Championship?

Haven't some of those mentioned already played in SL or am I confused

Quite a few have. Some had a handful of games at a young age and then dropped down, whereas some have had a longer spell in SL. Plus of course, some have never had the chance. Some of those listed probably wouldn't step up, some would probably be steady at best but as players such as Hardaker, Hill, Walmsley, etc prove is that every now and again, a real star will come through from a lower level team.

Harrison has improved immensely since his move to the second row. He's probably to old now to be worth taking on a punt for SL but he's more than capable than playing at that level.

i don't doubt it he always looked like a back rower as opposed to a centre, how old is he now? because phil joseph has been superb and he's 28

jimmy taylor should have gone to a super league club from leigh, what a waste of talent. he could have made the england squad..

I`ll disagree with you about JT, fantastic tackler but not big enough to compete at the top level.

QLT at Sheffield would go well, Colton Roche looks a really good prospect, surprised Leeds let him go