Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morty

score latest v lions

45 posts in this topic

Barrow 14 Lions 6 HT

36 - 16 Barrow FT :)

Great performance by the boys today, without doubt the best 80 mins we have produced this season. Don't know who was given man of the match but thought Mossop and Dawson were superb when they came off the bench both making a big impact when they came on. Also thought Toal, Campbell and our 2 mainstays in the second row had their usual big games.

Just to repeat what Holty said on Radio Cumbria after the match, can't believe Swinton finished the game with 13 players on the field, some of the high tackles were attrocious and deserved the very least a sin binning, to not even be put on report was diabolical by the officials. The one on Cambpell was every bit as bad as the Meli one last weekend resulting in a long ban.

Lets hope we can kick on now from here, this league is turning out to be very tight and we need to not only beat these teams that are near us in the league but deny them the bonus point like we did today.

I thought it was an excellent performance against a team who looked as if they'd never played together before. If this is what DualReg does I don't think we want any of it. By the end Swinton looked what they were a well beaten team. I was interested to listen to Holty's after match interview. He referred to the tackle on Liam Campbell just before half time. I remarked to people sat near me that it looked every bit as bad as Francis Melli's tackle and he got, I think,3 games. Holty was certainly not amused.

The gate today was 987 and more performances like that should bring more supporters back.

According to me the league table is now:

Halifax   32

Featherstone  29

Sheffield  28

Batley  27

Leigh  27

Whitehaven   17

York   15

Dewsbury  15

Hunslet   15

BARROW   14

Workington  14

Swinton    13

Keighley   13

Doncaster   11

If only we had beaten Doncaster, Whitehaven & Keighley.

Sorry, Ritchie,you beat me to it. I think I would give MOM to Campbell or Toal but as you say Harrison and Haggerty had there usual big games and tackled everything in site.

I saw what you did there Michael, but you are below Town on points difference, ha ha.    Good win today for both our teams and we need to back them up now.   It will be hard for your lads next week to back it up at Halifax but a good performance against them teams is as good as a win sometimes for team morale.

Town ahead of us by points difference with 2 games in hand.

Must win, we did win!

Class win, toal man of match for me.

Biggest thing today was stopping them getting any points inc the bonus

For me mossop changed the kgame swinton were quicker than barra at the play the ball but when mossop came on he sped the play up and dawsons and jones no nonesense play got barra on the front foot good effort allround

Thought the whole put in a sterling effort - no shortage of effort from any of the lads.

Haggerty and Harrison were excellent as usual but thought young Nathan gave the team that bit extra  when he came on - definitely my MOM

Halifax will be a different proposition but the team represented the town with pride today.

Much needed win sent the fans home happy,we cut our errors by half I reckon which showed in the scoreline!

Good all round team performance,the guys already mentioned stood out!

Well done Barrow!

Did Tyrone McCarthy play for them today?

Much needed win sent the fans home happy,we cut our errors by half I reckon which showed in the scoreline!

Good all round team performance,the guys already mentioned stood out!

Well done Barrow!

Did Tyrone McCarthy play for them today?

yes

yes McCarthy did play but I thought their best prop was Hill

Mossop was outstanding today at the ruck..... made us yards all the time

Dawson the best prop although Brennan wasn't far behind...... but ALL the forwards bossed theirs for long periods which won us the game.

Haggerty and Bull as always were brilliant

Congratulations to Andy Dawson on his maiden try as well.

Really enjoyed the match.

Lee

Definitely the best full 80 minutes we have played today. Hard work and enthusiasm from everyone.

Let's hope it shuts the doom and gloom merchants up for a bit.

We have a few tough games to come and no doubt we will struggle but today showed that we only have to believe and we will come good.

Well done to all concerned.

Your quite right about the league positions, Keith, but I was so chuffed that we've moved up the league I cheated a bit and put us ahead of Town on alphabetical order. LOL.

Well played Town. As a Lancastrian I hope we all keep it going for Cumbria.

the reff being from Swinton might of had something to do with that........

great result from barrow though, the Millom lads won it for me :D , GET IN!!!! 

can't believe Swinton finished the game with 13 players on the field, some of the high tackles were attrocious and deserved the very least a sin binning, to not even be put on report was diabolical by the officials. The one on Cambpell was every bit as bad as the Meli one last weekend resulting in a long ban.

Where are all the fans who have slagged the team off now?! It's amazing how quiet everyone goes. Awesome game to watch. Really enjoyed it.

Great performance today! MOM for me was Nathan mossop, he changed the game! Could of put 50 into them if we got all our kicks and converted chances we had!

God! That was a long day today. Left home at 07.50 and just got in 12.05 am.

But I'm still smiling!!!

Well worth it!

Where are all the fans who have slagged the team off now?! It's amazing how quiet everyone goes. Awesome game to watch. Really enjoyed it.

Agreed and all those who slagged Holty off funny how rooster hasn't posted on here? Great win lads! keep up the good work and let's have a good performance at halifax! I must say cammy at fullback looks the best option we've had all year!

Disagree that it was the best performance of the season - it was the best team performance in 2 seasons.

Thought the real difference was that the forwards did not try to muscle up and fight every time they took the ball in, instead they found the floor quite quickly resulting in faster play the balls and the dummy half(particularly Nathan) having the opportunity of scooting away from the ruck or getting the ball wider a lot faster than we have so far this season(or last).

Against a big set of forwards that was obviously the best tactic. Same again against Fax I hope as we won't be able to run over them but might just be able to skip round them.

3rd best attendance outside SL ( 4th best - NW Scorpions who had nearly 200 more through the gates than Haven).