Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morty

score latest v lions

45 posts in this topic

The best thing about Swinton was their excellent playing strip !

Thanks for that, but no consolation - yes we did look impressive when we ran out and much bigger but then the game started???

Pack just out muscled them it won us the game in the end. Every forward played out of their skin. Finch and Casey is the HB combination we need they can guide a team round the park and it showed today. Mossop was MOM he is so quick out of dummy half, I don't know whether we should start him or not, he makes a huge impact when he comes on. Campbell looked more comfortable at full back as the game went on. Tough game next week but then we've played 4 of the top 5 away. Apart from Batley away I feel we can get a bonus point at least from every game.

Start with Mossop and leave him on as long as he can last !

He makes a massive difference with his go forward approach !!!!

God! That was a long day today. Left home at 07.50 and just got in 12.05 am.

But I'm still smiling!!!

Well worth it!

Where do you live, On the Moon?

Where do you live, On the Moon?

Coventry. Most weeks it's easy enough but there was a bus replacement service between Preston and Carnforth on the way up.

I'd parked at Wolverhampton and only found out that the m6 between J5-J6 was closed overnight when I got there. so I ended up going into the centre of Birmingham only to find that two of the tunnels on the ring road were closed.

Disagree that it was the best performance of the season - it was the best team performance in 2 seasons.

Even better than against lezignan last season in the challenge cup?

Not to mention when we wiped the floor with Haven to secure promotion!

Tough game next week but then we've played 4 of the top 5 away.

In a normal league, I would agree that would be an advantage but I am not so sure in this one. It must also mean you have played the lesser teams (swinton included) mostly at home so far. Think if I was needing to get some wins in the second half of the season and not just bonus points then I would prefer to have all the best teams away in the second half and win the home games.

We are now desperate for a win at home against whitehaven on Thursday to see where we are at the halfway stage.

In a normal league, I would agree that would be an advantage but I am not so sure in this one. It must also mean you have played the lesser teams (swinton included) mostly at home so far. Think if I was needing to get some wins in the second half of the season and not just bonus points then I would prefer to have all the best teams away in the second half and win the home games.

We are now desperate for a win at home against whitehaven on Thursday to see where we are at the halfway stage.

i agree we have now played  4 of the top 5 at home and all the teams left to come to the rec  (with the exception of batley) are below us.Also away we only have swinton,dons and york to play we have played most of the teams who would be looking to take points of us away from home.This should see us ok 2nd half of the season,yes we still have to visit fax,leigh,eagles and fev but at the start of the season i wouldn't have expected much from them games so any BP will do

Agreed and all those who slagged Holty off funny how rooster hasn't posted on here? Great win lads! keep up the good work and let's have a good performance at halifax! I must say cammy at fullback looks the best option we've had all year!

Yes sorry Joe you are right, good win against the mighty Swinton, 

Where are all the fans who have slagged the team off now?! It's amazing how quiet everyone goes. Awesome game to watch. Really enjoyed it.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, remember that. we have to kick on from here though. Don't expect us to even compete against Fax next week, esp as they are looking to bounce back after their humiliation at hands of Fev. Maybe Holty should rest a few 'star' players again, rather than risk possible injury. Worked in the cup game...

One swallow doesn't make a summer, remember that. we have to kick on from here though. Don't expect us to even compete against Fax next week, esp as they are looking to bounce back after their humiliation at hands of Fev. Maybe Holty should rest a few 'star' players again, rather than risk possible injury. Worked in the cup game...

We should be going to Halifax wanting to compete and hopefully secure a bonus point !!!!!

We should be going to Halifax wanting to compete and hopefully secure a bonus point !!!!!

Like we did in the cup? When we decided that a payout from possibly playing a super league club in the next round would have given the club some much needed cash !!! Know which id have thrown my stronger team out for. Rather rest players this week again keep em fit for crunch games coming up against Haven, York, Dews etc - same for when we play Fev in a few weeks, rest key players. I know its not sportamanlike, but this is business and our business now is survival of the fittest

Like we did in the cup? When we decided that a payout from possibly playing a super league club in the next round would have given the club some much needed cash !!! Know which id have thrown my stronger team out for. Rather rest players this week again keep em fit for crunch games coming up against Haven, York, Dews etc - same for when we play Fev in a few weeks, rest key players. I know its not sportamanlike, but this is business and our business now is survival of the fittest

Can see your point but another huge stuffing will not do the team's confidence any good. A few teams have run Halifax close this year so a bp is not out of the question !

i have to say i feel we have no chance of a bonus point at fax. I'd rest our best player in Haggerty (Kurt, not the other one who is useless) as he was a different gravy on sunday and having him fresh could make the difference against the lesser sides!

it was a good win against possibly the worst side to play at craven park this season (inc leigh miners).

swinton started off well but they played like a team of individuals.

i guess having too many dual reg can cause disruption!

what has happened to Mark Smith. he used to be one of the best players outside of SL, he looked awful. I suppose he is getting on now but still i wouldnt ever worry about seeing him play against us again.

your right there gus, there are far too many people on here getting carried away cos we beat a shocking swinton side,  yeah, they have some good players but they looked like they'd never met before the game!!  and your right about that hooker smith too.

where was jack spencer on sunday??  no body seems to have mentioned him and that nugget haggerty not playing, were they both dropped??

Spencer was injured wasn't he. Don't get why backhouse was on the bench rather than another forward like Haggarty or Mcgoff. I thought Swinton were shocking and we could of put 50 past them, the random DR players really didn't help them I'd imagine.

Swinton, Keighley, & Workington have all picked up a bonus point at the Shay - as have Sheffield.

Swinton, Keighley, & Workington have all picked up a bonus point at the Shay - as have Sheffield.

Town picked their bonus point up against Fax at Derwent Park, Keith.    We haven't played them away yet.

According to Fax home results are with Fax first>

Dewsbury 60-6

Hunslet 36-6

Keighley 30-20

Leigh 60-10

Sheffield 18-10

Swinton 34-22

The away games are Fax first

Batley 18-18

Fev 18-40

Haven 22-12

Town 20-8