Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Leigh in the mire again

49 posts in this topic

Any ideas where the problem lies when Batley, Sheffield and Halifax manage?

Maybe they don't have delusions of grandeur?

Maybe they don't have delusions of grandeur?

Maybe they don't have Ken Davey putting £millions's of £million's of pounds in??

And then moaning the fans aren't responding there either.

We own our own ground, have a frugle chairman, a successful squadbuilder fund and happy to improve year on year.  I guess we might also be realistic in the fact that we werent welcome in the inaugural Super League in 1995 so no point chasing the dream and spending big in 2013. 

The stadium deal is critical, Widnes, Salford and Leigh have found that out. The problem is retained income and inability to control certain functions eg beer/food prices/quality, which the club then gets blamed for. The move from HP has been a negative one regarding income streams in a lower tier, these were covered over by Mr Thomas but when he left the severity of the cracks showed up quickly and the current owners will not put a penny in - making a change in ownership a priority that looks like coming off.

The debt is circa £40k historic PG's on overdraft and a £30k operational shortfall for this season explained previously - hardly life threatening but change is needed in ownership and then with the LSV contract imo.

Thank you,some sensible,intelligent,level headed and apparently accurate comments/views - makes a pleasant change,again thank you.

The stadium deal is critical, Widnes, Salford and Leigh have found that out. The problem is retained income and inability to control certain functions eg beer/food prices/quality, which the club then gets blamed for. The move from HP has been a negative one regarding income streams in a lower tier, these were covered over by Mr Thomas but when he left the severity of the cracks showed up quickly.

That explains it then, thank you also......

i wonder if the rfl will step in to pay the players wages, they have had none since march....

Sounds good that  - none since March, Aprils pay day is tomorrow, and April is the month after March. Be careful what you breathe outside.

One thing I've never understood, and would welcome an explanation please, is why the LSV isn't one, if not the cheapest to rent. They have two clubs playing there, and have internationals too, and NRC semi + use by other clubs, football too. Some other stadia only have one club

One thing I've never understood, and would welcome an explanation please, is why the LSV isn't one, if not the cheapest to rent. They have two clubs playing there, and have internationals too, and NRC semi + use by other clubs, football too. Some other stadia only have one club

there's probably not too many grounds hosting just the one club now is there?

Rumours of players not being paid and serious financial difficulties AGAIN at Leigh.

What the hell is going on with our great game?

Why is this a problem with "our great game" rather than another problem at Leigh?

Not a rumour I'm afraid. Paul Rowley in his post-match interview praised the Leigh players for their effort and loyalty under difficult circumstances having been told on Saturday by the directors that their already overdue wages would not be paid and there was no guarantee of if/when they would be paid. He said they hadn't been paid since the Barrow game which was on 21st March. Lets hope Leigh can turn things around - they seem to be waiting for Wigan to pay them their share of the Challenge Cup match receipts which they haven't received yet.

Wigan should have paid Leigh their share of the cup receipts within 7 days of the game, but I doubt if that's why the players haven't been paid since the Barrow game. With Oldham having had yet another winding up order from HMRC this month, it's worrying to see two long establlshed clubs in trouble AGAIN.

I like many get paid on the last working day of the month in arrears, so maybe as was stated earlier in this post this could be possible tomorrow.

I like many get paid on the last working day of the month in arrears, so maybe as was stated earlier in this post this could be possible tomorrow.

Me too. Also, because I've been working as a supply teacher, tomorrow I will actually receive the pay for my work in March!

Me too. Also, because I've been working as a supply teacher, tomorrow I will actually receive the pay for my work in March!

Is n`t that what I said?

Is n`t that what I said?

Any further news on the situation Bart?

I thought the club was being run much better since the last problem?

the thing about pay was about the match bonuses which haven't been paid and are not going to be paid. get up to speed before making stupid comments.

the thing about pay was about the match bonuses which haven't been paid and are not going to be paid. get up to speed before making stupid comments.

I leave the stupid comments to professionals like you.

The company I work for was going to work with LSV on a contract - thats until we got their credit report......

The company I work for was going to work with LSV on a contract - thats until we got their credit report......

Which bit of LSV, it has many parts.

Which bit of LSV, it has many parts.

Indeed it does, there were so many parts it took an age to find out we were dealing with.

Indeed it does, there were so many parts it took an age to find out we were dealing with.

So who was it?

The stadium Co.

Education.

Wigan Leisure & Culture trust.

Wigan MBC

Wigan and Leigh Housing

Permison

Leigh East