Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR51CUK

300 games

26 posts in this topic

I was wondering how many players still playing are at or close to 300 games?

Ryan MacDonald said after our game v Skolars yesterday that he has been told he is 3 games from reaching 300.

This is obviously a massive landmark and I just wondered if those who keep records could confirm this.

Also has anyone got any memories of Ryan playing over the years?

Thanks

Congratulations to Ryan, He's always done a good job wherever and at whatever levele he's played.

Sheffield Eagles' Jack Howieson has just retired having played 274 games. It's a hell of an effort to get to 300+.

Remember him at Dewsbury seems a long time ago now though. How old is he?

Its certainly a great milestone well done Ryan.leeds rhinos Sinfield 449, Rob Burrow 371, Danny McGuire 309 ,JJB 295, Ryan Baily 281,JP 207 For Bulls 210 for leeds =417 and still counting

It's a bit different when you're playing at pro level though, when you've got all the best rehab etc 7 days a week and you've not got to go and work a shift the day after a game.

It's a bit different when you're playing at pro level though, when you've got all the best rehab etc 7 days a week and you've not got to go and work a shift the day after a game.

Plus a better chance of a cup run or an opportunity to play at OT and the extra games that involves.

Aye, mind I remember when you could play 300 games in 5 seasons and still laik cricket in't summer.

Aye, mind I remember when you could play 300 games in 5 seasons and still laik cricket in't summer.

300 games in 5 seasons? luxury! i remember when we played 300 games in one winter, did milk and paper round, overtime down t pit and still made time for a good sunday afternoon session on beer

In the old days, when we still had GB and every international sold out Wembley, players would play 300 games on the aircraft carrier taking them to Australia, never mind the games they played once they got there.

I know we're having a laugh but you have to tip your hat to anyone who makes it to 300 semi pro games.

To do that when you've got a day job when the commitment it takes is immense...

In the old days, when we still had GB and every international sold out Wembley, players would play 300 games on the aircraft carrier taking them to Australia, never mind the games they played once they got there.

No wonder we got f***ng beat.

Stu Dickens did well over 400 games for Fev. Superb effort.

And he played quite a few for Salford. Always liked Dickens, honest worker of a player.

Ryan McDonald has also spent a lot of time injured (at least he did in his earlier years - not sure if this is still true) so he would be well past his 300 otherwise.

As for memories - I remember him making 2 tackles while waiting to be subbed after - what later turned out - a nasty break in his arm.

Gary Broadbent managed 464. He wouldn't miss a game for anything.

Ryan McDonald has also spent a lot of time injured (at least he did in his earlier years - not sure if this is still true) so he would be well past his 300 otherwise.

He's also had the odd suspension to deal with ha.

John Holmes ,arguably Leeds greatest ever player played a record 625 for Leeds.Cant see that ever being beaten at the club.If Sinfield plays the 2015 season he should get to no 3 going ahead of Joh Atkinson on 518.Fred webster is 2nd on 543

According to Wikipedia, Menzies is on 463 club games + 48 rep games. Not bad for an Aussie!