Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Knights v Leigh

83 posts in this topic

Right, lets get straight back on the horse. Send us your thoughts on Sunday's big home game with Leigh Centurions & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Leigh memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att: 

:D

Pointless replying as u don't reply back

I've replied now mate, today has been a busy day, with a home game coming up, the LRL website and last minute wedding planning going on I don't have much spare time!

Now i we could please have some comments on the Leigh game it could be greatly appreciated, the print deadline is at 5pm and that Simon Hall fella is a scary bloke when I run over!

Right, lets get straight back on the horse. Send us your thoughts on Sunday's big home game with Leigh Centurions & you could be in the matchday magazine! #13Knights

Who should play?

How should we play?

What do you think will happen?

Any good York v Leigh memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:

First Tryscorer:

MOM:

Att:

:D

My best memory has to be the scrum down game when Geoff price took 3 over the line to score and Tim street getting sent off !!! He was a head case great game all in all !

Didn't Street bite StJohn Ellis and what a try by Wigglesworth our fullback.

My best memory has to be the scrum down game when Geoff price took 3 over the line to score and Tim street getting sent off !!! He was a head case great game all in all !

That was on Scrumdown that game, York were outstanding that day. Remember their coach being interviewed "I don't know what's up with 'em, they just haven't got off the bus"

Didn't Street bite StJohn Ellis and what a try by Wigglesworth our fullback.

Yeah it was . Ha ha

That was on Scrumdown that game, York were outstanding that day. Remember their coach being interviewed "I don't know what's up with 'em, they just haven't got off the bus"

Yeah he want happy was he !!

Bring scrum down back . Great program !!!

We should start a petition to get it back on TV

Yeah he want happy was he !!

Bring scrum down back . Great program !!!

We should start a petition to get it back on TV

I think a highlights package on a free to air free view channel would be a better option than the 1 live game on a limited sports channel with no financial gains for the clubs.

Would love to see all the tries throughout championship to Champ one every week.

I think a highlights package on a free to air free view channel would be a better option than the 1 live game on a limited sports channel with no financial gains for the clubs.

Would love to see all the tries throughout championship to Champ one every week.

Would be a great idea . Might put that to the RFL . Probably wont get a response but will have a go !!

I remember a midweek visit to the Huntingdon about 10 or so years ago, lost track of the score but Parky Pig did excel in the triple jump.

The Rugby League Show on BBC1 shown every monday night, in every region. The superduperleague show isn't enough and it's only shown in the heartlands.

Andyacko said this game was away on the radio yesterday! /sacked

Fancied a day out :D

I remember a midweek visit to the Huntingdon about 10 or so years ago, lost track of the score but Parky Pig did excel in the triple jump.

Parky Pig was one of the best and most entertaining of all the old mascots, but not sure our old Wobby The Wasp would concur. Parky was up to his old tricks one game and ran at Wobby, jumping all over the poor Wasp and pinning it to the ground. We knew that our Wobby was a female and were worried for her safety! ( Hope she recovered okay Spanish)

Am I right in thinking that Parky's shenanigans led to him getting barred from grounds?

The referee for Sunday's big game at home to @LeighCenturions is Mr P Brooke. #13Knights #RugbyLeague

Not seen Mr P Brooke for a long time at the Huntington Stadium,that's if he's the same I'm thinking of, if he is the same then me thinks Stokes,Leatherbarrow, and Brooke have the same mother and father.

Parky Pig was one of the best and most entertaining of all the old mascots, but not sure our old Wobby The Wasp would concur. Parky was up to his old tricks one game and ran at Wobby, jumping all over the poor Wasp and pinning it to the ground. We knew that our Wobby was a female and were worried for her safety! ( Hope she recovered okay Spanish)

Am I right in thinking that Parky's shenanigans led to him getting barred from grounds?

Parky was a character and probably was n`t aware of the sexuality of Wobby.

Parky to my knowledge was never banned but was sent off v Hornets at Hilton Park.........Happy days.

Take plenty of cash with you lads, the begging buckets will be out in force again

Macca

I'd help any club, even you lot that had fallen on hard times through bad luck. however Leigh repeatedly overspend, splash the cash on 'big time Charlie's then bleat when they can't meet commitments so no sympathy there. Ultimately they are trying to buy success, until promotion is reintroduced then not sure what any championship club is trying to achieve by doing so.

In reality our beloved sport at lower levels is a commercial disaster and the current plight of Leigh is a result of dwindling attendances generally and the whole sport becoming less attractive.

Now't to do with Leigh game, but don't forget its NR Cup knock out draw tonight - 6.20pm

BBC Radio Leeds I think

Take plenty of cash with you lads, the begging buckets will be out in force again

Give your head a shake wobble............Please let me know how many begging buckets will be at York on sunday, I`m pretty sure you will be able to find a suitable adult who can count.

Give your head a shake wobble............Please let me know how many begging buckets will be at York on sunday, I`m pretty sure you will be able to find a suitable adult who can count.

There will be the one single bucket by the turnstiles collecting for the Squadbuilder fund. All other buckets have been commandeered for use in building our new Stadium - which York, as an affluent city and not an industrial estate or kack borough, can afford quite easily.

AndyPK you couldn't be more wrong. Bet your wage bill is higher than ours. Think last year it was 200k or maybe even less. We had to operate last season without the 70k handout from the RFL. Doing it tough right now. CEO stepped down today and one of our directors may have resigned also. I understand though that a new consortium is almost in place.