Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM THE LION

Lee Briers

112 posts in this topic

No we didn't. Although I understand your point. But as per previous comments, we know. There's not much going to happen by repeating it on here.

I am only saying what I was told at the game by a Swinton player that was sat next to me, he had been left out or dropped for that very reason of letting a Warrington player play. I will not mention his name obviously as this would be the wrong thing to do.

Its incredible that DR has ripped the soul out of rugby league. however, scrapping promotion and relegtion didn't. you boys need to give your head a wobble.

franchise system was put in place to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. this is just a continuation of this. very few of you criedfoul when the brought it in. I wrote to numerous mps and the rfl. i signed petitions. rallied you lot on here.

none of you did a thing about it. well you are all reaping what you've sewn!

Rant over.

I am only saying what I was told at the game by a Swinton player that was sat next to me, he had been left out or dropped for that very reason of letting a Warrington player play. I will not mention his name obviously as this would be the wrong thing to do.

Fair play, although we had similar problems with the D/R system last season when we could only have 4 loaned players. Either way, it's not good for rugby.

And Barnie's right about P/R.

SWINTON....playing on other team's grounds for years,,,,now using just other team's players...PATHETIC

just pack in !!!

Its incredible that DR has ripped the soul out of rugby league. however, scrapping promotion and relegtion didn't. you boys need to give your head a wobble.

franchise system was put in place to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. this is just a continuation of this. very few of you criedfoul when the brought it in. I wrote to numerous mps and the rfl. i signed petitions. rallied you lot on here.

none of you did a thing about it. well you are all reaping what you've sewn!

Rant over.

. It's not so much DR it's how it's being used that is the problem! We all know that it was brought in to give game time for those players who would have played at under 23 level and NOT as a means for established Super League players to regain match fitness!

. It's not so much DR it's how it's being used that is the problem! We all know that it was brought in to give game time for those players who would have played at under 23 level and NOT as a means for established Super League players to regain match fitness!

Kozo you talk about pride. do me a favor. if you had any pride at all you would agree with me. the soul of rugby league went 4 or so years ago. this is just a progression of that.

mind you, feel free to ignore the truth if it doesnt fit in with your warped sense of whats right and wrong.

SWINTON....playing on other team's grounds for years,,,,now using just other team's players...PATHETIC

just pack in !!!

Our leader has spoken.

Yes the soul of RL was sold to Mr Murdoch in the SL with P/R being the heart ripped out. This however is the D/R system being grossly abused and damaging the entity that is Swinton RLFC. Do me a favour and give up on the brow beating, I am not denying anyone their opinion, freedom of speech applies to these forums.

Nobody on here has ever said that they agree with the system or that you shouldnt have an opinion but whats the point in keeping on the same message? This isnt the place to get it changed, just a vehicle for idiots to come on with their ####### comments to wind you up! Dont bite for f sake!

Hear, hear. And his name is Paul Kidd!

Ditto  the club has become a laughing stock now, its beyond a joke. Congratulations to the RFL for coming up with the DR rules on the back of a fag packet.

Wondered how long it would take for you to get your axe and grinder out again.  What are we to do? We are bottom of the league, our most experienced half back is out injured, we have three new players one of which is a relatively young half back needing game time and an experienced hand to guide him.We need a win at all costs.  We are offered the services of one of the best half backs this country has produced in some time, we are supposed to refuse this offer muddle along as we are just to please all the d/r haters (I don't particularly agree with it before anyone starts) we are fighting to survive in this league sometimes you have to do ugly things to survive. How many times do we have to go over the same ######, its not going to change this season get over it. :angry:

What are "we" to do? How about those in charge ditch the lazy opportunistic exploitation of loopholes in the RFL's rules surrounding Partnering, stop prostituting the club's identity and heritage to Warrington Wolves, and for once knuckle down to some proper hard work to actually develop Swinton Lions in its own right?

Starting with getting Agecroft progressed, in line with the promises we've been fed since 2006.  Now the 2 community coaches are at a loose end, how about a proper strategy to see them used, supported and financed amidst the community whose name the club bears. Get a democratically elected representative of the Trust back on the board as a means to engaging the support base positively and valuing their input.

Far easier, of course, to be a true opportunist and keep sucking up the old man's money while achieving nothing in your own right.

I believe those coaches are now working in M27 Phil. One down ey?

I believe those coaches are now working in M27 Phil. One down ey?

They are making a start, but even on that single aspect there is a long way to go.  It will be interesting to see what happens when the point arrives that John and Paul Kidd have their commitment to community work in the Swinton area properly tested - I don't believe that's the case as yet.

Well that kind of thing doesn't happen over night and this is a start. Hopefully it'll continue into the future!

At the core of everything you need a winning team. Fact.

At the core of everything you need a winning team. Fact.

And the way Swinton Lions and Warrington are going about Partnering will only help one of those clubs to build a winning team, and it ain't Swinton!  Fact.

From Swinton's point of view, this Partnership is not giving rise to a successful side.  Or was the version of the league table I looked at yesterday upside down?

It was very clearly demonstrated during Paul Kidd's tenure as coach that he doesn't understand how to get the best out of players, because to do that you need to inspire them and build a cohesive unit. This same hapless lack of understanding and lack of empathy is again crystal clear in the manner of the Partnership agreement of which he is chief architect.  You don't build a motivated, committed and effective Swinton Lions team by giving the likes of Paul Wood, Chris Bridge and Lee Briers "guest star" appearances for the purpose of readying them for action with Warrington.

Why is it that several players have made a transition out of the Lions and into sides higher up the Championship or even into Super League, yet whilst they were at Swinton the team floundered towards the bottom of the table?  Does this not indicate that whilst they were at Swinton the club wasn't getting the best out of them?

Like I've said before several times the rules won't change this season will they? Should we just step back,let everyone else involved in d/r exploit all the loopholes like we have. And get battered even worse than we already are doing or do we try to fight. Either way you will claim moral high ground what ever our course of action, oh to have your foresight and sage wisdom. If we win with them in the team we are abusing the system,if we dont then we haven't invested in the team and d/r is failing. Its a win win in your eyes isn't it.What a Muppet.

And the way Swinton Lions and Warrington are going about Partnering will only help one of those clubs to build a winning team, and it ain't Swinton! Fact.

From Swinton's point of view, this Partnership is not giving rise to a successful side. Or was the version of the league table I looked at yesterday upside down?

It was very clearly demonstrated during Paul Kidd's tenure as coach that he doesn't understand how to get the best out of players, because to do that you need to inspire them and build a cohesive unit. This same hapless lack of understanding and lack of empathy is again crystal clear in the manner of the Partnership agreement of which he is chief architect. You don't build a motivated, committed and effective Swinton Lions team by giving the likes of Paul Wood, Chris Bridge and Lee Briers "guest star" appearances for the purpose of readying them for action with Warrington.

Why is it that several players have made a transition out of the Lions and into sides higher up the Championship or even into Super League, yet whilst they were at Swinton the team floundered towards the bottom of the table? Does this not indicate that whilst they were at Swinton the club wasn't getting the best out of them?

Yet all of a sudden it's now ok for your beloved Leigh to operate D/R players.Hmmm.

Notice how the compliant was from fev who don't want too many competitive teams in the league to oppose their march to the summit. Re: Breaking the salary cap,we won't will we as wire pay their wages.

Briers turning out for the Lions?

What an utter, diabolical farce. Has the world gone totally bonkers?

That newspaper cutting was dated Feb 7th .

Why bring it up now in nearly 3 months later.

Lets get behind the team tomorrow and bring a mate. There is a very good interview with Lee on the RFL news link. Go have a read