See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Lee Briers

26 posts in this topic

Set to play for Swinton on Thursday vs Whitehaven. What a joke

i agree m8, its becoming a farce. i wonder  how many saints lads haven will now want to counter act briers?

The game is one big Joke

I see tyrone mccarthy has gone to cas after impressing for swinton

sadly your right and the RFL  don't give a #### either as long as super league is ok

sadly your right and the RFL  don't give a #### either as long as super league is ok

So who wins in the long run?

Briers gets a run out on his road to fitness... WIN

Warrington get a player acclimatised to the speed of the game......Win

Whitehaven get to face a real star of the game....LOSE

Swinton get a star player that could win them the game....WIN ( short term) but they also pee off their coach that is told who he must play...LOSE....the other Swinton players have to get used to a different style of play for one week...LOSE...

A very disgruntled player loses his place in the team( loss of wages) ...Lose , EVERY other Swinton Player knows that there is a better player waiting to boot him out of the team if someone at another club decides they want him dropped to make way for their star.

We have definitely gone down the right route. Even if we were to be relegated we would still be in a position to decide our own future.

North Wales Crusaders have taken the same decision as us and are everyone's favourite for promotion. One of the reasons they have taken the no DR option is that in talks with Saints they were told they had to replace Clive Griffiths with a Saint Helen's nominee!

The loan system works. It actually helps both clubs.

I'm sure I got shot down by a Swinton fan on the match thread for saying this would happen. It's a joke. So sad that a team who have won 3 challenge cups have been turned into an reserve side.

The game is one big Joke

so how did frankie mariano play on sunday phil ?

Isn't Frankie Mariano on a months loan at Fev, and not dual reg? Swinton are being made to look stupid by these rules, the quicker they are changed the better.

Swinton should be renamed the borrowers, they borrow players and borrow a ground.

complete joke to be fair.

On the subject of Briers, i remember the rumours during the Des Johnson golden era where he was linked to us.

Swinton like many clubs are taking advantage of the rule change and there is nothing wrong with that..time will tell if it has been the right decision?

Like people keep saying they have no choice once they enter the agreement but on the plus side lower wages for higher class players.

u cant blame swinton for whats happening but now its started there not going to be able to stop it well done rfl u really are ruining the game at super league level and championship level.if the championship clubs are going to be helping bring young players through and get 1st team players  match fit for super league should they not be getting a share of the sky money as the clubs above dont have to worry about reserve teams anymore.

Taken from the RFL website

“Dual Registration” is the system whereby a Super League Player continues to be registered to and be eligible to play for his current Super League Club and is also registered to play for a Championships Club.

The purpose of this Rule is to provide an enhanced Player development pathway for young Super League Players who are not thought to be ready to make the step up to Super League first team on a permanent basis but for whom first team match experience in the Championships is likely to be beneficial for their development. It is intended to provide additional flexibility for Clubs to make arrangements that suit the Player’s development needs whilst protecting both the playing squad requirements of the Clubs concerned and the integrity of both competitions.

So I suppose that Briers and Morley are 'young Super League Players who are not thought to be ready to make the step up to Super League first team on a permanent basis'. Perhaps I've got this wrong Phil.

One point not raised.

If Briers had been playing for Swinton against Barrow last week what benefits would Barrow have received gatewise?

I don't like it but we're stuck with it.

So what do young up and coming championship players do 2 gain experience while their places are taken by super league player ? sorry but the RFL really do make my #### boil :angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Can't see it making any diff to the gates as no one wud know he was playing until they turned up ! and sadly your right mate we r stuck with it

Can't see it making any diff to the gates as no one wud know he was playing until they turned up ! and sadly your right mate we r stuck with it

I think it's having the opposite effect, I was speaking to a lad this morning who used to go regularly to CP, he has stopped going because of the whole D/R fiasco, I'm afraid the RL are totally ruining the game with this rule, and Lee Briers playing for Swinton tonight only reinforces the fact.

If Swinton had publicly said before hand briers was playing then I'm sure barrow would have made a lot of noise about it to get people through the gates and who could blame them ? As it is , the away team sheet is often not seen till an hour before the game so I doubt the crowd would have been that much bigger . But we still woulda won ☺ interesting to see what impact he makes against Whitehaven ..