Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Troubled times

8 posts in this topic

Telegraph article

FTSE100 having its longest sustained month by month rise ever.  Anyone else think that austerity measures are just a convenient tool to make profits at the top end even higher?

Telegraph article

FTSE100 having its longest sustained month by month rise ever. Anyone else think that austerity measures are just a convenient tool to make profits at the top end even higher?

Weird innit. Anybody would think that capitalism relied on exploiting the poor.

Telegraph article

FTSE100 having its longest sustained month by month rise ever.  Anyone else think that austerity measures are just a convenient tool to make profits at the top end even higher?

I don't think they *just* a convenient tool, no.

But they are a convenient tool.

Telegraph article

do you mind? Thats the kind of thing I say

Telegraph article

I don't think it's a reflection on the strength of the economy, or the FTSE100 companies.

Still, if you still have the shares of a financial institution you worked for a good number of years ago, the rise of the stock market in general brings little cheer. :(

do you mind? Thats the kind of thing I say

Well played that man!  Made me laugh a lot.

The banks are not passing on (by re-lending) income because they have been told by the Bank of England to significantly increase their reserves.

Having suffered from a poor performing stock market for some considerable time, the rise is most welcome to at least make a profit from 12 years of investing. That said. it could also retreat.