Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Reds to bid for Dobson and Paterson?

78 posts in this topic

"and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all" :D

Interesting.

I would go so far as to say Dobson is priceless to Rovers, if he leaves then they really are in trouble. 

The flip side is that Rovers are clearly already in a fair bit of trouble financially and if selling their star player gives them some breathing space then Hudgell may consider it.

Something else that may sway a transfer Salford's way is that Hull FC would dearly love a player of Dobson's calibre, I'd be surprised if Adam Pearson hasn't made at least a tentative enquiry, however Hudgell would obviously never sell him to us, so if Salford were to tie him up to a three or four year deal, that would be a way of at least getting one over on us.

And that is summat he's often rather keen to do.

Hudgell would never sell to us and I could never see Dobson wanting to come to us either, if he does go the other side of through pennines would be an easier move for him.

Since the good doctor took over control at the Reds they have put out a lot of feelers for players. I have a feeling they might be successful with these 2.

Too many rumours, too few hard facts to be honest.

FWIW, Paterson would add some more power to our still rather lightweight pack. Dobson, while he is a very good player, would probably add something but would certainly cost our promising youngsters a place in the starting 17. Okay, the kids probably aren't quite ready yet, but they never will be if we keep playing older players in their positions. How long before they start looking for a move to get some game time?

Been coming and would really spell the end of us as a Super League proposition if it pans out. I'd bail if we lose either or both. Having said that, they'd be my 2 priority targets if I were Dr K.

Rich and newly rich sides hovering around the carcasses of rotting clubs. Oh dear oh dear Super League, whenever will you learn?

Down to clubs to keep hold of their best players,have sustainable business models,NOT blame everyone else.

Part of me actually hopes this comes off and puts me out of my misery. I want to be either in or out - the whole hierarchical struggle of following a "sell to survive" club is just draining. Then I can go and watch NRL as one of Bill Simmons "atheists" and enjoy genuinely competitive, financially sound RL.

Part of me actually hopes this comes off and puts me out of my misery. I want to be either in or out - the whole hierarchical struggle of following a "sell to survive" club is just draining. Then I can go and watch NRL as one of Bill Simmons "atheists" and enjoy genuinely competitive, financially sound RL.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Down to clubs to keep hold of their best players,have sustainable business models,NOT blame everyone else.

As a fan of a pro sport team I shouldn't have to even know what a business model is.

Wait until Leeds lose a player or players to someone higher up the SL hierarchy and then we'll talk. Oh hang on, there isn't anyone higher up is there? Funny that.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I won't.

Enjoy your increasingly hollow GF wins. At least Salford maybe makes it 4 teams that could beat you after next season, as opposed to 3. Ooh! Nervy stuff eh? Sure you've the stomach for it?

I won't.

Enjoy your increasingly hollow GF wins. At least Salford maybe makes it 4 teams that could beat you after next season, as opposed to 3. Ooh! Nervy stuff eh? Sure you've the stomach for it?

I'm not bothered about GF wins,I supported Leeds when they were virtually bankrupt,I didn't whinge,I didn't moan.I supported my club.I shall support my club when the GF wins dry up.i shall support my club through good times and bad.Maybe it's a concept you should learn.

Enjoy your increasingly hollow GF wins.

Eight of the players were Leeds lads nothing hollow about that?

Talking to a Rovers friend of mine this morning and the rumours are rife about Mickey Paea going to Warrington next year.if they lost him as well as Dobson and Patterson then they really will be in trouble.

As a fan of a pro sport team I shouldn't have to even know what a business model is.

Wait until Leeds lose a player or players to someone higher up the SL hierarchy and then we'll talk. Oh hang on, there isn't anyone higher up is there? Funny that.

Leeds constantly lose players but in the early days of SL they realised that a good junior system was required.Thats why they are now high up the SL hierarchy.

Someone give this guy a medal.

Grow up.

The good thing is DSK, Hull have another team in Super League you could watch. If only the rest of us were so lucky.

B)  ;)

Leeds constantly lose players but in the early days of SL they realised that a good junior system was required.Thats why they are now high up the SL hierarchy.

A very good point that. Certain other clubs need to do the same and not rely on has beens and never was players from the NRL

Michael Dobson and Corey Paterson are contracted until 2014. Everything else is just paper talk...

Contracts mean nothing,

Holdsworth to Hull

Moon to Leeds

Smith to Wigan

Myler to Warrington

do people actually believe what is written in the ####???

You don't have to know if you don't want. The people running your club do though, and if they need to sell to balance the books then fine, things are the same as they always have been.

If you don't want to know about the business side, just ignore it and watch whoever turns out for you in red and white.

Contracts mean nothing,

Holdsworth to Hull

Moon to Leeds

Smith to Wigan

Myler to Warrington

The do, a player can't just walk out on a contract. Rovers would receive compensation should any side come in for our players, ala Green and Taylor.

I can't see either deal materialising. You will have to look elsewhere :)

Sport in some clubs are bigger than others shocker! Every major league in football has been dominated by the same clubs for years without any detriment. Only in rugby league do fans moan about it. Having four or five out of fourteen who could be potential champions is a good ratio. Even if all the clubs were superbly ran and making a profit someone would have to come last and would be open to players moving on.