Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future is League

Reds to bid for Dobson and Paterson?

78 posts in this topic

Is it time we asked JD to close this thread? It's turned into a "Let's slag off HKR"

Nobody is slagging HKR off Tony, Goldcoaster suggested HKR neglected junior development on entry to Superleague which was wrong. Please read the posts properly.

Nobody has been rude, discourteous, ill mannered or boorish. So why shut down discussion?

Nobody is slagging HKR off Tony, Goldcoaster suggested HKR neglected junior development on entry to Superleague which was wrong. Please read the posts properly.

Nobody has been rude, discourteous, ill mannered or boorish. So why shut down discussion?

I have read the posts carefully. There is a lot of criticism of HKR, and a lot of outraged defence of their performance.

The title is about one club making a bid for players at another club. The discussion is now focused on HKR and their development of 'home grown' talent. It's no longer on topic.

You are right about one thing, though. Nobody has crossed the line to become discourteous, ill mannered or boorish. It's just no longer about Dobson and Paterson.

I have read the posts carefully. There is a lot of criticism of HKR, and a lot of outraged defence of their performance.

The title is about one club making a bid for players at another club. The discussion is now focused on HKR and their development of 'home grown' talent. It's no longer on topic.

You are right about one thing, though. Nobody has crossed the line to become discourteous, ill mannered or boorish. It's just no longer about Dobson and Paterson.

Well I find it hard to accept that topics must be kept so narrow that only Dobson and Patersons transfer may be discussed in the thread. They are HKR players from overseas and so the idea that they are in the HKR team because HKR have been poor on junior development and are overstuffed with Aussies was a fair idea to float and was fairly rebuffed by the facts particularly by Brigg Rover.

Their impending possible departure is also an effect of the salary cap being too high, and other clubs being stuck for quality players. their departure may hasten HKR's demise which may promote Hull's ambitions.

I do not see that it would be practical to float four seperate discussion posts on these closely associated issues plus a fifth post analysing the myth that Rovers neglect local talent.

If we have a P & R thread can we not talk about club finance, recruitment difficulties, the gap between the division, the effect on crowds etc all seperate threads???

Not for me Tony, let the people speak, someone always brings the thread back on track so closing it due to an exchange over a related side issue would be rather extreme.