Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoytonRoughyed

Your Options

192 posts in this topic

No problem Cluedo, I agree with a lot of the sentiments on here about the ground, it will be the stumbling block on promotion (if it happens), the shower question is disgraceful tbh, thanks for the good luck message :) just trying to keep a bit of faith in the Club thats all. Hope some people may come down and watch a game and have a pint and a natter with us, even if it is only for one game. All the best.

Taff

In response to Roughyed34 I would say that it is not being negative to want the club to improve, move on and move up, even if that means a change at the top if that can be achieved. Personally I would call that being positive about the club.

As for attendance then for someone like me, who attended from 1954 to 2006 at every game home and away, every A Team game at home and many away and practically every Colts team game that included the likes of Goodway and Worrall; etc., seeing the club in it's present predicament is very hard to swallow, especially when you have been as passionate about the club as I was, and you cannot see any real light at the end of the tunnel. It is also very hard to bear when you believe all the hype about the new season, with new players and the new coach and then you go to four matches, thinking maybe this is the time to start going again, and see three losses and come away highly disappointed and with the view that nothing much has changed in reality. They had a chance to get people back this year but at present it isn't happening is it?

Obviously you are now the one who is very passionate about the club and clearly I wish you well with it, especially if you have plans to help the club out. I hope things work out and I genuinely do wish you luck. I've not finished going yet by the way. All I want is to see some improvement both on and off the field to bring back the passion.

Finally Cleudo asked you to honestly say where you thought the club would be in 5 years. You answered by telling him/her where you hoped they would be. Please try and tell us where you THINK they will be if there are no changes at the top, HONESTLY?

Totally agree with you 'roughyed 34', 'Tosh1960' and 'allroughyed'.  Oldham RLFC is, whatever it is at any one time and the current players and coaches at both 1st team and U/20'S level are fully deserving of our support and they are to be commended for their total commitment to the club. They train at some of the best facilities available to rugby league players anywhere and they train long and hard with tremendous enthusiasm. Considering the drastic reduction in the RFL funding this season, in particular to clubs who failed to make the Championship, the club has assembled a squad of very talented young players, but it was always going to take time to develop a level of consistency required to have all the answers against teams consisting with more experience. By 'getting on their backs' at every opportunity can soon knock the confidence of young players - give them a chance and plenty of support and we give them the best chance for success this season. Don't forget that, they are not the reason for us failing to get promoted in previous seasons - we have been badly let down by all sorts of people and circumstances in the past and those are TOO numerous to mention.

Of course, if you only have a 'short memory' or wish to use rumour or conjecture to blame just one person for our current position that is a very niave mind-set. Starving the club of income by

not attending matches/ functions or contributing to the efforts of the Oldham Roughyeds Supporters Association as part of 'this blame culture', is the real reason for the lack of progress - now is the time to rally round and show that you really want a future for Oldham RLFC by supporting the team and helping them get out of the lower tier. If anyone has the 'real' money to help, let them approach the club and see what materialises but to continue the 'rabble rousing' will serve no purpose and cause a lot of misery to those who really DO have the club at heart.

A good start would be tomorrow night, with the U/20's match against York down at Whitebank. Enjoy!

COME ON YOU ROUGHYEDS!!

Logic there are a lot of people to blame for the failure of the old club fact is though CH runs ORLFC now and in the whole has mainly done so on his own, various parties have vested interest over the years but got nowhere with CH fact not hearsay, the sad fact of the matter is that over the years the club has lost around 2000 fans surely they can't all be wrong, another question for you all if the rugby league stop paying for clubs to have a chief executive how long would CH stay

so it seems we need to form a trust/group with the sole aim of taking over the club...

I will be going to the Gateshead game, i dont mind going to the games. I can even accept if Oldham arnt a good side. (im an Oldham Athletic fan aswell). I dont even have a problem with the ground so much ( the pitch i hate) but its below RFL standards and we need to get it to that standard. How much will it cost? we could do it bit by bit. He was asking to sponsor the pitch id give £10 for the pitch to be sponsored but it dont trust the money would be used in the way its meant so with a baby on the way its better in my pocket. How much would it cost for 10 or so rows of terracing 100 yards down a pitch?

Id just like to see the club progress more off the field, just one single positive. Thats all im asking for.

On the field like i said in another post we are going to be one of 6 teams in the playoffs and we can win 2/3 games to get us promoted.

I dont even want to oust CH i jusy want the club to move forward.

Id love the club to be run 50/50 fan and private ownership like the German Football Teams.

If you think im being negetive then thats fine, but i can see the positive, the potential to have a club that id be proud to wear the shirt around town of no matter how bad ot how good they are.

If the fans dont fight for the club, the current trend of them leaving bit by bit will continute then we will be in trouble.

Again we are in the situation where if you put a negative comment on the site others refer to you as not a true supporter Oldham Supporter and they should get behind the team.

People like Cluedo, Ex Scrum Half, Ultimate Roughyed and others have supported the club for many years and ARE loyal fans. There are very few posts on here giving adverse comments about the players or the coaches and I am sure they all wish them success.

No, the common denominator is just the way the club as been run. The way sponsors, investors and supporters have been treated in the past.

I appreciate that it is a Private Limited Company and it is up to the management to give out information as they seem.

But if the club want people to support them they should be more open with the fans, as it is they who keep the club going and have done so over ever since the club was reformed in 1997.

The financial status of the club is a mystery to most fans unless you go on companies house web site and then it does not make good reading.

Fans who have been supporting the club for many years are entitled to be frustrated at what is happening to it today.

Oldham Rugby used to be known as a friendly family club run by the fans who were passionate about the club and where the committee were ready to talk to them at all times.

Now it is run by one person who prefers to be silent on most things and runs the club like a secret society.

The club is bigger than any one man or it should be.

If people don't want to go for whatever reason respect their right to do so.

If something his not broke don't fix it. In Oldham Rugby's case it is seriously broke and needs fixing.

I am hoping to confirm the location of a public early next week!

Good man. You can definitely count me in.

I will be going to the Gateshead game, i dont mind going to the games. I can even accept if Oldham arnt a good side. (im an Oldham Athletic fan aswell). I dont even have a problem with the ground so much ( the pitch i hate) but its below RFL standards and we need to get it to that standard. How much will it cost? we could do it bit by bit. He was asking to sponsor the pitch id give £10 for the pitch to be sponsored but it dont trust the money would be used in the way its meant so with a baby on the way its better in my pocket. How much would it cost for 10 or so rows of terracing 100 yards down a pitch?

Id just like to see the club progress more off the field, just one single positive. Thats all im asking for.

On the field like i said in another post we are going to be one of 6 teams in the playoffs and we can win 2/3 games to get us promoted.

I dont even want to oust CH i jusy want the club to move forward.

Id love the club to be run 50/50 fan and private ownership like the German Football Teams.

If you think im being negetive then thats fine, but i can see the positive, the potential to have a club that id be proud to wear the shirt around town of no matter how bad ot how good they are.

If the fans dont fight for the club, the current trend of them leaving bit by bit will continute then we will be in trouble.

It seems that just over 12 months ago, CH was willing to listen to offers.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/101/features/68425/rugby-chief-chris-is-a-man-for-all-seasons

Again we are in the situation where if you put a negative comment on the site others refer to you as not a true supporter Oldham Supporter and they should get behind the team.

People like Cluedo, Ex Scrum Half, Ultimate Roughyed and others have supported the club for many years and ARE loyal fans. There are very few posts on here giving adverse comments about the players or the coaches and I am sure they all wish them success.

No, the common denominator is just the way the club as been run. The way sponsors, investors and supporters have been treated in the past.

I appreciate that it is a Private Limited Company and it is up to the management to give out information as they seem.

But if the club want people to support them they should be more open with the fans, as it is they who keep the club going and have done so over ever since the club was reformed in 1997.

The financial status of the club is a mystery to most fans unless you go on companies house web site and then it does not make good reading.

Fans who have been supporting the club for many years are entitled to be frustrated at what is happening to it today.

Oldham Rugby used to be known as a friendly family club run by the fans who were passionate about the club and where the committee were ready to talk to them at all times.

Now it is run by one person who prefers to be silent on most things and runs the club like a secret society.

The club is bigger than any one man or it should be.

If people don't want to go for whatever reason respect their right to do so.

If something his not broke don't fix it. In Oldham Rugby's case it is seriously broke and needs fixing.

hi harryruby

you make  excellent points with your post, but you must rememmber that roughyed34 and allroughyed, and others who try to protect the club also have excellent points, that is what makes our great club great, i cant make it cos of money problems, just like most people i guess, but i still am and always will be a ORLFC fan.

To everyone who has put there OPINIONS on this board well done it still shows you all have this great and wonderful club in your hearts.

ORLFC FOREVER.

Gregory he might listen to offers but sometimes you have to be reallistic, you can't expect a payout and someone to take over your debts with no assets as such

Yeah I agree fantastic post by Harryruby...

Count me in to the meeting too

I agree with your comments diehard 1 about roighyed34 and allroughyed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion its when one person starts insulting another because of their views that annoys me.

In regard to the public meeting that will be fine  for the people to voice their opinions about the future of the club to express their feelings about the present situation. 

But the main question you should ask yourself is.

Will CH attend to listen and comment or will he care about your meeting.

From experience the answer to both will be NO which is the problem.

If such meeting takes place I hope he proves me wrong.

It seems that just over 12 months ago, CH was willing to listen to offers.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/101/features/68425/rugby-chief-chris-is-a-man-for-all-seasons

I read that article with interest.

To say that he would be willing to offers and walk away is fine but what is needed for that to happen is for CH to open up the books to potential serious people who either want to invest or take the club over.

He as never done this to other original directors or BQ who came on board later.

For any chairman, financial director ( call him what you like ) not to show or refuse  fellow directors the books when asked is very unprofessional in whatever type of business. This is not me just saying this it is a fact.

So the article is a little one sided and just represents his views many of which the fans share.

When the four directors reformed the club in 1997 as the article says they refused to get involved with the Oldham bears and wanted a fresh start.

WHY ? Because they were not prepared to take on whatever debts  the bears had at that time

Just what is the difference today.

The club has debts but no one knows  exactly  who is what as the accounts at companies house are abbreviated and the clubs management wont reveal the facts.

So why should anyone invest in the club or take over the club and its debts at this time.

People are just doing and saying what CH , SW and the other two directors did and said in 1997.

I may have missed something, but what did happen to Roger Halstead?

He was media Manager for ORLFC, and on here, then suddenly disappeared it seemed to me.

I have not seem Roger for a while as well. Unlike him to miss games. as he is passionate about Oldham Rugby.

I think he has a son  or daughter who lives in either Australia or New Zealand so he may have gone to see them as he does sometimes,

or he could be ill.

That would be the same Roger Halstead that I saw at the U/20's on Friday night....and at Hemel Hempstead last weekend....and every match home and away!!

He had 2 pies and peas at the Oxford game,what an appitite :sarcastic: 

Greedy sod grabbed the last two pies on Friday night.

Allroughyed,

Can you check BQ availability for Thursday 13th June 2013!

I am trying to obtain a venue for the meeting, I will see if St Anne's RLFC will let us have the function room free if the bar is open.

Regards

I was under the impression you where in contact with Bill Quinn with regards to the public meeting?

I used have made a mistake with the user name.

Apologise for the confusion.

Enjoy the Game !