Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

03/05/13 - St Helens v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm

Who will win?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

He's been out since Good Friday. I think he was doing ok before that but didn't look as destructive as he did when he was with you. I believe it was suggested by the Sky commentary team that he needs to be receiving the ball earlier. We seemed to be giving it to him right at the point of collision making it much easier for the defence to wrap him up.

He's still looked a handful with his upper body strength and I think he's more proficient in offloading than anyone else at the club. I guess the way things have worked out so far has just been a bit disappointing because we were expecting to see his offloading game feed Roby's running game to a devastating effect. Perhaps it still will in the future :)

Manu played out wide for us but I don't think they really had a game plan for him he always seemed to do things off the cuff and I think that is when he is most devastating, to restrict him into a set plan could be a mistake.Just pass to him and make sure he has plenty of people backing him up.

28 12 at half time. If anyone can pull it back, it's Saints.

28 12 at half time. If anyone can pull it back, it's Saints.

I'm sure the saints are now Jewish

Not a racial remark, just a bit of fun.

18 - 34......15mins left.....22yrs since we beat saints away

Excellent result, well done lads.

I'm happy to eat my words..........

I echo that sentiment.....never thought it was on, not away.....chuffed to be wrong

Well done Widnes, it takes some doing to score so many points away from home.

As for us I don't really know what more to say. We're clearly in free fall and with tough games coming up I expect the worst is yet to come. This season may be a write off but we can't spend the next five months carrying on like this.

Well, I said at the start of the thread that we would lose and alas, I was proven correct.  Once again Brown put extra pressure on the side by needlessly changing people around so nobody knew what anybody else was doing.  He is a first class idiot in that respect.  And once again our senior players were lazy asses who don't deserve the wage they feel so comfortable about getting.  Our best players were yet again our youngest players but they can't be happy.

Well, I said at the start of the thread that we would lose and alas, I was proven correct.  Once again Brown put extra pressure on the side by needlessly changing people around so nobody knew what anybody else was doing.  He is a first class idiot in that respect.  And once again our senior players were lazy asses who don't deserve the wage they feel so comfortable about getting.  Our best players were yet again our youngest players but they can't be happy.

You  may remember a few Fartown  fans telling you what to expect from Nathhan, He seems to see big similarities between League and chess.

Well done Widnes by the way, they keep coming up with a good one.

Well done Widnes for displaying some entertaining rugby league. As for Saints, at one point the players were ambling back to form a scrum when urgency was needed. As well as this, too many passes going astray, especially into touch, as well as bunching up instead of spreading out. Overall, the Saints are a side looking like lost souls. 

Well done Widnes for displaying some entertaining rugby league. As for Saints, at one point the players were ambling back to form a scrum when urgency was needed. As well as this, too many passes going astray, especially into touch, as well as bunching up instead of spreading out. Overall, the Saints are a side looking like lost souls.

We made the wrong appointment in Brown and got the recruitment wrong with the likes of Perry and Hohaia. I think the appointment of mike rush is key to avoiding repetition of these errors. For now give Brown the season but be prepared for the mother of all clear outs in october

Overall, the Saints are a side looking like lost souls. 

That's coz nobody knows where they are playing until they walk out on the pitch (pretty much).

For now give Brown the season but be prepared for the mother of all clear outs in october

I think this is the key. Personally, I think need a big clear out of senior players and staff.

They seem convinced Saints is a "big club" but have forgotten all the things that they used to do that made Saints a big club. Purely from the outside, they seem really stagnant.

I think this is the key. Personally, I think need a big clear out of senior players and staff.

They seem convinced Saints is a "big club" but have forgotten all the things that they used to do that made Saints a big club. Purely from the outside, they seem really stagnant.

Stagnant is an appropriate adjective. 

Who to keep is a shorter list than who to lose.

Who to keep is a shorter list than who to lose.

Think all players off contract should be allowed to leave - get rid of the dead wood. Likes of Perry, Pulutua, Laffranchi, Wellens, Meli and Gardner need to make way for new signings who can play with passion and pride. The only god thing this season has been the emergence of the likes of Walmsley, along with Percival and Thompson. Our youth development is still decent, think we should look at bringing in a 6,7 and 13 and leave the rest to youngesters to make up for next season. Throw Adam Swift back on one wing, Makinson on the other with lomax at F/back. Maybe even look at a few more 'championship' forwards to give us some grunt.