Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

03/05/13 - Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds - KO 8pm

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford City Reds
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 posts in this topic

Discuss the game here.

Referee: J Child

Touch Judge: C Leatherbarrow

Touch Judge: P Marklove

Reserve: W Turley

Match Commissioner: R Connolly

In Goal: J Callaghan

In Goal: G Towey

Time Keeper: A Mills

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Harrison Hansen, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins.

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Danny Williams, Liam Foran, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Ryan McGoldrick, Lee Gaskell, Gareth Owen, Darrell Griffin, Adam Walne, Jake Emmitt.

Wigan by 32

That would be an improvement on the home game. I think you're right, though. Wigan by rather a lot. :(

Much as I would love Salford to beat Wigan, unless Tomkins is out then I suspect Wigan's win will be by rather a big score.

Wigan to win, by lots

I am quite hopeful of a good Salford performance.The head coach returning to his former club,with a few ex-Wigan players,a few ex-Saints players and the game prior to a CC game at Warrington should be enough motivation;not forgetting Sean Long wanting to leave the club with a victory against his new employers.

With Pat Richards missing,the right edge defence of Salford may not be under too much pressure and the quality of kicking - should Wigan manage a try - may not be irritatingly good.

Looking forward to the battle of the tackling machines Farrell and Dixon.

I hope it is #awesome.

Cant see past the Warriors for anything this year.

Hope Salford dont take their eyes of this season in planning for next year they could finish 8/9th which would be one of the highest ever SL attendances.

As a Reds follower Id like them to win the game and if they can sneak 14 or even 15 players on then they have a chance

Cant see past the Warriors for anything this year.

Hope Salford dont take their eyes of this season in planning for next year they could finish 8/9th which would be one of the highest ever SL attendances.

As a Reds follower Id like them to win the game and if they can sneak 14 or even 15 players on then they have a chance

You are naughty, but ...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

15 players? So that's why they signed that RU player! The masterplan is revealed! :P

Oh dear. Two tries to Wigan already.

8 - 0 and 8 minutes gone.

And another. 12 - 0. Wigan's defence is killing us.

Er 12-0 3 tries, i would suggest their attack is somewhat troubling you too.

Er 12-0 3 tries, i would suggest their attack is somewhat troubling you too.

Yes, but it's mostly that we couldn't get out of our half due to Wigan's defence.

Another try. 16 - 0. please bring the end forward.

Actually, we've done better after that first 15 or so minutes.

Error, then penalty, then guess what? Another Wigan try. 20 - 0. Almost half-time. Conversion to come.

22 - 0. Damn!

Half-time. Thank goodness. We had a good spell in the middle of the half, but Wigan don't make mistakes and, when we do, they punish us. If Richards had been playing, it would have been 30 - 0.

There's always next week. :(

Two more tries, both converted. Do the maths. 34 - 0. We're getting smashed. :(

And another. 40 - 0. Plenty of time still to go.

46 - 0. Still time for more.

TRY TO SALFORD!!!!!!!

Right on the death.

Wane will be happy - not.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Full time score. 46 - 6.

We weren't nilled! Take the positives, however small.

Lets face it - we were NEVER going to win this one tonight. To be fair, Wigan are by far the most impressive team this season and have put a lot of points on better teams than us this year - 62 - 4 v Widnes recently and they are having a great season.

Onwards.

If Wigan don't win the Grand Final this year ................ I don't know when.

Decent performance from Wigan, Salford didn't give up but were clearly out classed.

Most disappointing (apart from Smith's injury from a late Griffin shoulder charge) was the performance of Child plumbing the depths of awfulness. I've never seen a referee get such a high proportion of decisions wrong in one game and the TJs were just as blind - it affected both teams through the course of the game. If Child gets a game next week, then there is clearly no analysis or expected standard of performance for RFL pro officials.