Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/05/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves - KO 3pm

Who will win?   16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

Thaler was dreadful, ( what's new) Brough did get Westwoods elbow in the mush, Apart from that Warrington were different class, The forwards just more or less ran over the top of us, We were very poor but that's not why Wolves won, they won because they gave our pack a beating. they were just so much better it was easy for them to make lots and lots of metre's on every set. The halves plus Higham had good games controlling everything. Brough tried hard to keep them penned back , but it don't work if your forwards are not prepared to graft, Not much in the backs, but the forwards another story all together, I would expect P Anderson to be having a serious word.

I've been very worried this season, not playing as a team, too many players not being on their game........ It seems slowly, slowly approach this season.

Interesting enough, Wires are only one point worse off after 14 games than last year.

Last year defeats to KR, Saints, Leeds and Salford

This year defeats to KR, saints , Leeds and widnes - draw with Wigan

What will happen in this years Super League??

Our sport is GREAT!!

Happy bank holiday weekend folks

I do wonder whether the Giants will sustain their excellent start to the year. It's eminently possible, and I have not seen enough of them to comment with authority, but history suggests there could be a drop off at some point.

Which could leave 3 seemingly event matched sides fighting for the 3 big prizes. Given that Wigan weren't even supposed to be in the top 8, according to some experts, they have certainly exceeded my expectations thus far, but Leeds look very very strong indeed. Our 2 games with them may well decide the League title.

Maybe indeed

One thing that I would add to the mix is that I think the Giants (as a whole club) seem to have both eyes on next weeks cup match, if we'd have been playing a championship club all our players missing today would have been playing - and we hugely missed Ferres and Wardle down our left flank

Fielden has been a big miss for us too, added real leadership and enthusiasm in the pack

As for us dropping off - barring our win against Leeds I genuinely don't think the Giants have played to their very best yet this season.

Thaler was dreadful, ( what's new) Brough did get Westwoods elbow in the mush, Apart from that Warrington were different class, The forwards just more or less ran over the top of us, We were very poor but that's not why Wolves won, they won because they gave our pack a beating. they were just so much better it was easy for them to make lots and lots of metre's on every set. The halves plus Higham had good games controlling everything. Brough tried hard to keep them penned back , but it don't work if your forwards are not prepared to graft, Not much in the backs, but the forwards another story all together, I would expect P Anderson to be having a serious word.

Thaler was poor, for both sides.

Wire by far the better team today especially in the forwards. They seem to exude the same confidence / composure that I remember the Giants had when B. Hodgson was our full back. Just felt Wire were in cruise control and could have stepped up a gear if required.

One thing that annoys me is the Giants always seem to drift sideways and backwards when Wire attack our flanks which is as good as giving them the points - they seem like rabbits caught in the headlights. Brett Hodgsons try summed it up for me - we just let him run at us an he virtually fell over the line. He's a class above so maybe he just makes it look easy.

I really enjoyed the match yesterday. I thought the second half was a bit flat but the first was fantastic entertainment.

I thought our forwards were magnificent, particularly Carvell but nods also to Cooper and Waterhouse. Micky Higham also really stepped up a gear, Hodgson was back to his best and Ratchford was a nuisance throughout.

I don't want to talk about the ref as he was a bit off the mark for both sides, but he didn't affect the outcome. I thought we were awesome in that first half, both in defence and attack.  Great stuff and a really good atmosphere too.

It was a very pleasing result for us as we seem ti be hitting some form without a fair few first teamers now.

Bridge, J Monas, M Monas, Briers, Morley and Harrison will all make that team even stronger.

Im sure Hudds had players missing too, but as a Wire fan the above players missing has often been critical for us.

It was a very pleasing result for us as we seem ti be hitting some form without a fair few first teamers now.

Bridge, J Monas, M Monas, Briers, Morley and Harrison will all make that team even stronger.

Im sure Hudds had players missing too, but as a Wire fan the above players missing has often been critical for us.

We did have players missing but it gets a bit scary when you list the Wire players missing given how well you played.

I can see now why you didn't bother recruiting in the off season.

Will be very interesting how we react next week. If we get beat the same way as yesterday I might get a bit worried about to 'mid-season collapse syndrome'. I've always been a pessimist though.

You can alway's get a bite from a baiter :rolleyes:

That was our reputation under, er, Tony Smith...just sayin ;)

You can alway's get a bite from a baiter :rolleyes:

It's called banter mate ;)