Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

The Kingstone Press Championship - Round 13

Which game are you most interested in?   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are you most interested in?

• Swinton Lions v Whitehaven
    • Sheffield Eagles v Dewsbury Rams
    • Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers
    • Doncaster v Keighley Cougars
    • Halifax v Barrow Raiders
    • Workington Town v Hunslet Hawks
    • York City Knights v Leigh Centurions

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

Really enjoyed the game. Whitehaven nearly snatched the greatest try I'd have ever seen at the end. 1400 in attendance as well with a few from Cumbria and plenty from Warrington. The Swinton fans around me where very happy with the crowd - I guess Briers playing had something to do with it. Well done Swinton; a great evening out.

If there were 1411, half of them must have been hidden well

Most of them were in the stand where the cameras are located so you didn't see them very often although they were filmed often enough for anyone watching the match to know they were there.  The side opposite the cameras was the fullest I've seen it when watching Thursday night games.  1,400 is a decent enough crowd for a Championship fixture, especially when the home team started the night second from bottom.  Perhaps Briers helped somewhat but I know too that Bolton Wanderers and Warrington were promoting the match along with Swinton and they offered tickets for a fiver to get people to go.  The weather will no doubt have been an extra bonus.

I really enjoyed the game and that last play from Whitehaven was epic!  22 passes and a kick, and they came very close to scoring but just missed the ball.  Amazing.

The refcam was fun too.

Most of them were in the stand where the cameras are located so you didn't see them very often although they were filmed often enough for anyone watching the match to know they were there.  The side opposite the cameras was the fullest I've seen it when watching Thursday night games.  1,400 is a decent enough crowd for a Championship fixture, especially when the home team started the night second from bottom.  Perhaps Briers helped somewhat but I know too that Bolton Wanderers and Warrington were promoting the match along with Swinton and they offered tickets for a fiver to get people to go.  The weather will no doubt have been an extra bonus.

I really enjoyed the game and that last play from Whitehaven was epic!  22 passes and a kick, and they came very close to scoring but just missed the ball.  Amazing.

The refcam was fun too.

Really????? Im sure Swinton only rent one stand for fixtures at LSV????!!!!!!

There was only one stand open but there were plenty of people in it and it made for a good atmosphere as the match was good, entertaining and competitive.

The refcam was fun too.

The camera would have been situated in the East Stand which would not have been open. The only stand for Swinton games open is the West stand, which the camera was aimed towards.

I think they were including people in Morrisons, Park Inn, Swimming pool etc as well. ;)

I think they were including people in Morrisons, Park Inn, Swimming pool etc as well. ;)

Perhaps it was the glare from then sun reflecting the West stand, so it looked like there was double in sunny Leigh 

Why belittle a good crowd??

Only on rugby league

Good game,some great tries,i am sure Warrington "A" will rise up the table when they get Morley back.

Putting aside the questions over Briers and the crowd :rolleyes: , that was a cracking match - one of the better ones this season. Just a shame that last play didn't end in a try.

Crowd was 1141 - not belittling, just getting the facts right

The crowd was good for our struggling team

The belittlers and small mindedness of people like b s are so so sad.

So sad in fact Mr Smyth started a whole thread on the leigh forum belittling our efforts

I doubt this person has ever been taught about sportsmanship.

The rugby league family is letting itself down with clowns like this person

Belittling

Crowd was 1141 - not belittling, just getting the facts right

Factual

oh for goodness sake, read my sig

I fear you only read the first one

how about:

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. - C. P. Scott

That's the problem with opinions, everyone's got one....That's the good thing about opinions, everyone's got one.

I fear you only read the first one

how about:

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. - C. P. Scott

That's the problem with opinions, everyone's got one....That's the good thing about opinions, everyone's got one.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back on topic, Sheffield beat Dewsbury last night in one of the most boring games I've seen in ages.

One-up rugby doesn't get better then this.

Town sneaking up the league!!!

Dons on the move also but without a league home game until 7/7/2013, we need to pick up some points away from home.

Dons on the move also but without a league home game until 7/7/2013, we need to pick up some points away from home.

Are you having work done on the pitch? Or is this how the fixtures have panned out?

I thought Barrow had it tough with no home games in May.

It must be hard to go that long without any cash income