Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Peak Rhino

The George

7 posts in this topic

Good news that it'll survive anyway.

There's no way that it will open again as a hotel in the foreseeable future. The smart money is on even more student accomodation - something that's really scarce in Huddersfield.

It's my now ex dentist, who's practice has not been the best and I now go elsewhere. However my money has obviously helped him make his brass. As has been said, he has a student property development company, although it does say 4 star hotel ambitions in the paper.

its britain today, boarded up pubs , tradition thrown to the dogs in favour of "sheriff fatmen"

its britain today, boarded up pubs , tradition thrown to the dogs in favour of "sheriff fatmen"

nurse, nurse,..he's doing it again!  :lol:

Indeed. In truth the real fact is that pubs/hotels have always opened up and closed down in England for as long as I can remember. New licensing laws, demographic changes and fashions in entertainment are all to blame, if indeed 'blame' is the appropriate word.

Still, another version of the 'Britain's going to the dogs' argument, is always worth throwing in to the mix...