Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidsmudge

Best / Worst

34 posts in this topic

Anyone got views on the best or worst clubhouses and grounds in the conferance !!

What makes the best and worst clubhouse, I worked on building the new clubhouse at West Leeds Bramhope which is an excellent facility and the equal to the very best in amateur rugby league, however talking to bar staff & players the last time I was there they said they would sooner have the old clubhouse because it had more life and soul.

This topic comes up at regular intervals and the only replies are from flag wavers like Barbara :D or someone who had a bad pint somewhere.

i like St Pats and Wath Brow as two of my favourites, always very welcoming places

Siddal's new one is quite impressive,

This topic comes up at regular intervals and the only replies are from flag wavers like Barbara :D or someone who had a bad pint somewhere.

If I don't wave it, then nobody else will :rolleyes:.

I have an opinion but don't think its fair to pick out any club for criticism when we are all amateurs, relying on volunteers. Standing at the bar at Eccles ARLFC is one of my favourite places in the world!

Don't think I've been to any NCL club and thought the facilities were poor. I did have the pleasure of going to Peterlee the other week very good set up there indeed

Wath Brow is good and the food is generally spot on too! I always enjoy going to Heworth. Nice set up and always a very warm welcome. I really enjoyed my first trip to Askam last year too, looking forward to going back up there.

First trip to skirlaugh last week,good set up and friendly welcome.

I knw ther not in the conference but widnes st maries have the best ground in amature rugby now there playing from the stobart stadium. Stannigly has one of the best club houses.

Coventry's ground is pretty good.

milfords poor aswell pitch far away from club

Is there anyone else in Leeds you're not keen on ?

milfords poor aswell pitch far away from club

Worth the small walk to play on the best playing area in the league. 

east leeds are quite bad changing rooms clubs not bad but pitch is half mile down road !

Brand new pitch being watered at this moment behind clubhouse may be used before end of season. Is this near enough ? 

It seems the only team in Leeds to meet your criteria is Stanningley any reason for this.

Brand new pitch being watered at this moment behind clubhouse may be used before end of season. Is this near enough ? 

It seems the only team in Leeds to meet your criteria is Stanningley any reason for this.

Probably because Stanningley has everything

Where are they currently playing, im covering the game on Saturday for the RL papers, is it the pitch just opposite the East Leeds Cricket ground

Also, wheres the clubhouse as ill need to call in to get a team sheet, is it the East Leeds community sports club on Easy Road