Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Stuart Hall confesses

21 posts in this topic

And should hopefully make those whose first reaction is to cast about looking for reasons to discredit those who've come forward STFU for a bit.

I used to enjoy watching It's a Knockout but that's yet another childhood programme memory that has been sullied by a perve. Glad he has finally been caught even if he has managed to enjoy most of his life free from accountability.

Very unexpected. Other than the number of accusations it's difficult to see what evidence could have been compelling enough for a conviction after all these years. For that reason, I was expecting all accused of these historical offences to plead not guilty. I can only guess that despite the passage of time physical evidence still exists.

Very unexpected. Other than the number of accusations it's difficult to see what evidence could have been compelling enough for a conviction after all these years. For that reason, I was expecting all accused of these historical offences to plead not guilty. I can only guess that despite the passage of time physical evidence still exists.

Or possibly he genuinely felt sufficient remorse to wish to save the women the trauma of court. Note, this does not exonerate his actions at all.

Other offences were "left on file" and not presented for the court case. Sounds like a deal was done.

Or possibly he genuinely felt sufficient remorse to wish to save the women the trauma of court. Note, this does not exonerate his actions at all.

It's possible I guess but I think someone who commits such acts would be less selfless. I nearly added something else suggesting that he might be wanting to 'clear his conscience' before he departs this mortal coil. A more self serving motivation.

So, why is he on bail?  I thought bail after a guilty plea was only usable for those who have a realistic prospect of no jail time.

Other offences were "left on file" and not presented for the court case. Sounds like a deal was done.

the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) would not be proceeding with the rape charge as the woman who made the allegation no longer wished to give evidence in light of the guilty pleas.

So, why is he on bail?  I thought bail after a guilty plea was only usable for those who have a realistic prospect of no jail time.

Vote Ukip to end this madness.

No, many people who plead guilty are given court bail for pre-sentence reports etc to be prepared. Given his age I doubt if Hall will get a custodial sentence anyway.

It's possible I guess but I think someone who commits such acts would be less selfless. I nearly added something else suggesting that he might be wanting to 'clear his conscience' before he departs this mortal coil. A more self serving motivation.

You are probably correct but the last act he is being prosecuted over was many years ago so he may have decided to belatedly do something right. As people say, lengthy custodial sentence is unlikely anyway.

No, many people who plead guilty are given court bail for pre-sentence reports etc to be prepared. Given his age I doubt if Hall will get a custodial sentence anyway.

Would the judge seriously have any alternative?

If he's guilty he should be locked up, sod how old he is.

Would the judge seriously have any alternative?

They always have an alternative option unless the offence carries a mandatory sentence, eg life for murder etc

They have sentencing guidelines but it is at the judge's discretion as to the actual sentence passed down, they are not obliged to stick to the guidelines if they think an alternative sentence is more appropriate.

If he's guilty he should be locked up, sod how old he is.

Yes, why bother with a trial?

Yes, why bother with a trial?

Don't need one if he says "guilty" when asked to plea!

Many years ago Hall, went into the travel business, he was going to  call it STUART  Hall  International Travel

Well hes really in it now.