Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Davidson

Whitehaven match

56 posts in this topic

i think without briers we would of won the game pretty easy but thats dr for you

Proof why Haven fans are called deluded!!!

Great to see Gary Chambers looking very smart in his pristine white Lions polo shirt with his bald head especially polished working with his team of coaches at pitch side.  Was this prompted by a couple of posts on another topic on this very forum or more likely a bid for television stardom?!  Well done to him and all the coaching team let's hope it's the first step on a sustained climb to safety in this division.       

TIM !

LINESMAN !!!

Wash your mouth out we have Touch Judges in RL. They hate being called Linesmen. They are for the fairies game :-)

Riggy

Spot on Riggy! A 'linesman' is the man-with-the-flag in association football (soccer) or "ref's assistant" as the PC brigade would have it.

In the game of rugby football (union and league) the term is 'touch judge' - and always has been.

...but never one that was still in the balance 2 minutes AFTER the final hooter!

So very true Steve, it was a nailbiter AFTER the hooter.

Just lacks pace to be a truly top class player in my opinion.

Agree. He's got lots of footballing skills but just lacks that bit of pace which makes all the difference.

Is it only me that thinks his defense needs some work?

He may be a bit lightweight when up against some of the big powerful centres that are favoured by many teams these days but he's worth a place in the side no doubt.

As I have said before - for me Ainscough should be starting every game at stand off ..............

Spot on Riggy! A 'linesman' is the man-with-the-flag in association football (soccer) or "ref's assistant" as the PC brigade would have it.

In the game of rugby football (union and league) the term is 'touch judge' - and always has been.

Doesn't really matter to me they are all blind and useless .

Got to agree agree (other than the use of the word defense rather than defence! ;) )

Early in the season we seemed to have solved most of the prior defensive issues. We looked good under the high ball, solid tackling and even seemed to have a "tactic" of holding up the opposition over the line. That said, we looked flat in attack throughout and other than Keighley were not winning games like that.

In more recent games we have looked to be more expansive in attack and the defence seems to have crumbled back to where I never fancy our chances of defending two sets of six. In these circumstances penalties kill us everytime.

Just wait until we have Josh Barlow and Dale Cunniffe in the team!!! :O

Thought Barlow had a good game and managed to be much more disciplined than I've seen him before. Always gives good applause and acknowledges the fans when being subbed or coming off at the end....simple things like that can make a big difference to supporters.

Just wait until we have Josh Barlow and Dale Cunniffe in the team!!! :O

A penalty competition:  ;)  but on a serious note it will be great having Dale back in the side. All we need now is Morty and Morrison! 

I also think Ainscough should be at stand-off, I wouldnt go as far as to say hes wasted at centre as he still does a great job IMO but something I think weve missed in recent games is his passing ability in the middle of the park.

Well after this weekends results, it seems we only move down one spot (below Worky) into 8th place. The result on Thursday just got even better!...now to win at Batley.

Well after this weekends results, it seems we only move down one spot (below Worky) into 8th place. The result on Thursday just got even better!...now to win at Batley.

Yes, but we have a run of hard games approaching and Doncaster's win means we are only 3 points off the bottom with a poor points difference. It remains extremely tight at the bottom.

Proof why Haven fans are called deluded!!!

we are only called deluded by your pathetic fans,i was at the game on thursday and everything went through briers.if pattersons pending try wasnt given as forward then haven would of won the game and briers wasnt on it would of been comfortable too,.the sorry thing is for swinton fans you wont have his quality again so where are you going to get your win from.? 

we are only called deluded by your pathetic fans,i was at the game on thursday and everything went through briers.if pattersons pending try wasnt given as forward then haven would of won the game and briers was on it would of been comfortable too.the sorry thing is for swinton fans you wont have his quality again so where are you going to get your win from.?

Are you the well informed haven fan wbo told me Penny was dual reg?

We've just signed Craig Harvey who is pure class and regaining match fitness

You weren't the only team who had tries disallowed or are you so blinkered you forgot that?

It was a close contest that could have gone either way

Grow up.

Are you the well informed haven fan wbo told me Penny was dual reg?

We've just signed Craig Harvey who is pure class and regaining match fitness

You weren't the only team who had tries disallowed or are you so blinkered you forgot that?

It was a close contest that could have gone either way

Grow up.

no im not the haven fan who told you that,im the haven fan that was at the game and haven deffo deserved to walk away with all 3 points.your tries were disallowed for genuine reasons where as if you watch the game back pattersons pending try wasnt forward which was said to me twice by swinton and wire fans on my exit of the ground at the end,aswell as me seeing it for myself.as for your last comment is it me that needs to grow up.?? 

no im not the haven fan who told you that,im the haven fan that was at the game and haven deffo deserved to walk away with all 3 points.your tries were disallowed for genuine reasons where as if you watch the game back pattersons pending try wasnt forward which was said to me twice by swinton and wire fans on my exit of the ground at the end,aswell as me seeing it for myself.as for your last comment is it me that needs to grow up.?? 

Is this the same match that thousands of fans watched on Premier Sports?    You lost get over it.

we are only called deluded by your pathetic fans,i was at the game on thursday and everything went through briers.if pattersons pending try wasnt given as forward then haven would of won the game and briers wasnt on it would of been comfortable too,.the sorry thing is for swinton fans you wont have his quality again so where are you going to get your win from.? 

Wind your neck in. No Swinton fans called you deluded.... And now you choose to attack Swinton fans (many who may agree with you!) I am sure you have come across OttO on the workington site but come on here having a go. You are not a good advert for Whitehaven and provide even more ammo for the Workington fans.

Not disputing any try shouldn't have stood one way or another. The fact is in the championship games are close. A bit of luck or the drop of the ball can decide a result. We got the luck and as I said it could've gone either way....a fact that only someone who needs to mature a bit would learn to accept

If the ref got so important a thing wrong he didn't penslise haven for any of the four lifts above the horizontal you got sway with. Maybe you should have been down to 12 11 or even 10 men.

You asked a question about quality. Ive answered it.

No doubt you'll trounce us at your place. I'll not cry as hard as you after.

Wind your neck in. No Swinton fans called you deluded.... And now you choose to attack Swinton fans (many who may agree with you!) I am sure you have come across OttO on the workington site but come on here having a go. You are not a good advert for Whitehaven and provide even more ammo for the Workington fans.

where have i attacked your fans? im just posting my opinion of the game which was agreed with by swinton/wire fans after the game.there was even oldham fans in there who believed we deserved to win.as for the deluded bit i never said swinton fans said hence why i quoted otto,s post.touchy you lot.i do expect a haven win on your visit to gods country last game of the season. 

where have i attacked your fans? im just posting my opinion of the game which was agreed with by swinton/wire fans after the game.there was even oldham fans in there who believed we deserved to win.as for the deluded bit i never said swinton fans said hence why i quoted otto,s post.touchy you lot.i do expect a haven win on your visit to gods country last game of the season. 

if you deserved to win, yous would have won.

but you didnt you lost so get over it..

the points go the team that scored more and not by the amount effort a team has put in!

We're touchy yes, well I am. We were glad to win. The game was close.

The rest is history. You lost six tries to four.