Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Bank Holiday Weekend thread

38 posts in this topic

Hastings will be hosting 2 events this weekend, the annual "Jack-in-the-Green" celebrations http://www.hastingsjack.co.uk/ , and the May Day Bikers run where 20-25000 bikers descend on Hastings for an annual run out to the seaside http://www.bike1066.com/ which is a load of fun. Especially on the Monday when both events are happening at the same time

A change of plans!  Going to watch Suffolk v Nigeria Exiles play at Colchester RU this afternoon.

A good game of rugby (deliberately not code qualified).  The only problem the Nigeria side had was that anytime they got the ball they wanted to run over the opposition rather than around them or pass the ball to another player.  All in all, a better day than I had planned as the wife went shopping on her own!

A good game of rugby (deliberately not code qualified).  The only problem the Nigeria side had was that anytime they got the ball they wanted to run over the opposition rather than around them or pass the ball to another player.  All in all, a better day than I had planned as the wife went shopping on her own!

Always a positive result, Bank Holiday or not. :O

My eyelids are already getting heavy. I think I might have a tidy up and catch up on a few issues of RLW I've not yet read tonight and tomorrow.

Working... though today was 12 hours of double time, so not all bad.

Saturday and Sunday spent at a rally school,where the youngest had two days of rally driving,not bad for an 11 year old.Spending today recovering after staying in the worst hotel in the world, Marton Hotel and country club,Marton,Middlesbrough.

And with no bells to warn of their coming! Saturday, I'll be helping out at Sue Ryder Care on one of the stalls at the summer charity event. As for Sunday with the missus working, I may take out my grandaughter Jessica in her pram. 

The cyclists on the Regents Canal towpath were remarkably well-behaved yesterday, the sun was hot and it was a really nice stroll, although the area around Camden Lock was very busy, as expected.

Spent the weekend helping my daughter get her new house ready for moving in

Yesterday evening at my mothers it was quite an emotional visit and I can't think why specifically

She told some new stories about her childhood including one about the lodger robbing the gas meter

The cyclists on the Regents Canal towpath were remarkably well-behaved yesterday, the sun was hot and it was a really nice stroll, although the area around Camden Lock was very busy, as expected.

Forgot to mention; the branch of Morrisons at Camden Lock sells League Express!

Yeah, I didn't tidy up nor catch up on RLW reading.

tested my liver to the limit, just practice for this weekends 3 night rockabilly festival in norfolk- roll on sailor jerry rum mmmmmmmmmmm

I've been working, selling bangers all weekend.  Today caught up with our chum Audois at Bar Felix in Carcassonne.  He is in fine fettle and we chewed the rugby league cud for an hour or so, sat next to what seemed like the whole of the Aude Australian RL contingent.

Bank holiday here tomorrow and Thursday.  I will be mostly snoozing and drinking red wine.