Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amm

Giro D'Italia

36 posts in this topic

Cant see Wiggins winning this now. With the only TT distance being 20km I dont think he can stay in touch in the climbs.

Doubt he'll win the Tour either. With Sky backing Chris Froome its dead on no chance if Wiggins tries to go it alone. Think Froome will win the Tour more than once with his climbing ability.

It's a 20km mountain TT.

All is not lost. apparently he's been suffering from a slight cold.

3 stage wins for Mark Cavendish!! 100th of his career - and a really tough weather day - bet they're all ready for a bath

I wish the commentators would talk realistically about Wiggins - yes he's brilliant, and the TDF was a landmark victory - and yes, he and his team set the Giro as a target. But, ill or otherwise, it's a flippin long race, all sorts can happen, and they should not talk about it as if it's a disaster. 

The armchair experts are, no doubt, rushing to their computers to opine that they knew Wiggins was rubbish all along. :rolleyes:

3 stage wins for Mark Cavendish!! 100th of his career - and a really tough weather day - bet they're all ready for a bath

You go off to Italy for three weeks, hope to get some sun on your back and look what happens.

Very good win for Mark Cav, he's a tough little man all right.

Bradley Wiggins has withdrawn from the race.

Come on, Rigoberto!

Bradley Wiggins has withdrawn from the race.

Come on, Rigoberto!

That announcement shouldn't surprise anybody. Yesterday looked like sheer purgatory for him. What little morale he had left must have disappeared completely when he got up and looked out of the window.

Another masterclass from Cav - really tough day, and to go that length at the end - 4 Stages now under his belt

Enjoying the Giro.

I'm watching Tour of California as well at the moment and the coverage is provided by the same French team that do TdF. I find it much easier to watch and follow that & TdF than the Giro and Veuleta based on the TV production and camera work. Appreciate it may just be me, but it does make a difference when watching.

Weather looked horrible today and significant change in course due to weather!

Cavendish wins the final stage and wins the points jersey. Rigoberto Uran came second for Sky but what a Giro by Nabili. The uphill time trial was incredible. Bring on the Tour.