Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

town beat the hawks

100 posts in this topic

We kicked a 40/20 today !!!!

Its something we should see more of given the size of our pitch. It was a cracking kick.

Good to see ADAM WALNE AND HIS MAM @ DAD THERE SUPPORTING JORDAN good on them.

Yep , and the run on from the firmness . Some nice bombs today to . Potential to gel well that combo

Good to see ADAM WALNE AND HIS MAM @ DAD THERE SUPPORTING JORDAN good on them.

thats great ,good luck to Jordan  he went well today.

Yeh my sentiments exactly bomber , great stuff that . Good lads, hope both go from strength to strength . Like to extend that month already .

It was probably one of our best kicking games today especially the height that Conner @ Lupton can get on the bomb we could do with useing it a bit more often.It seems to cause most teams a bit of trouble

Corkers aren't they . If in doubt ...!! Especially when scooting kicks and grubbers tend to run dead on our firm deck .

Poor old Chisholm was never catching that last bomb , great kick . And that try really was a sickener , taking that point away .

Yes DAVIDM the bomb towards both wingers at times while the grounds are hard i think would be better than the short gruber.I think we kicked the ball dead seven times at Dewsbury mind they where just as bad.Just another talking point????

Just been reading on Twitter that Dennis Betts offered Town 4 Widnes players for today's game and we turned them all down and still won 32 - 18.

I presume Lawton, Gore, Briscoe and Hulme. Difficult partnership decisions every week. Next week no such problem, pity also that Jordan is cup-tied.

That's ok. Keep offering us 4 a week , we'll take what we want . Be worse when they're offering us nothing ! At least when we get injuries or for whatever reason we need a player or two we have that option , that's what it's there for ( or should be ).

one was mcgraff leuluai, and i know one was hulme. not sure on the other 2 though

I think one was gore don't no about the other one

It's a good cushion to stop you getting into holes with injuries . I'd only be really tempted if they offered a good level quick , try scoring centre . We're getting most if not all other bases covered when fit . It's worked pretty much as it should for us , as an aid to our own squad when needed . If you need a like for like replacement you're getting a good one and you're not weakened . Good to have the fallback and good that's it's your call

As the season progresses I'm sure we will need one or 2 so widnes will be happy with it and respect we are our own club and will help them out when we can! They have jack Gaskell so we all good

It's a good cushion to stop you getting into holes with injuries . I'd only be really tempted if they offered a good level quick , try scoring centre . We're getting most if not all other bases covered when fit . It's worked pretty much as it should for us , as an aid to our own squad when needed . If you need a like for like replacement you're getting a good one and you're not weakened . Good to have the fallback and good that's it's your call

Hulme is one mate you just put him on the wing !!! he might just show you all next week ?? anyhow great win today guys just what the doctored ordered. Roll on next week you might just cause an upset ;0 ) 

Hulme is one mate you just put him on the wing !!! he might just show you all next week ?? anyhow great win today guys just what the doctored ordered. Roll on next week you might just cause an upset ;0 )

He is much better at centre and I think Marsh and phelps will be the centres unless we rest a few players.Declan Hulme is never a winger and I am looking forward to my trip to Workington.We should bring a 1000 supporters.

It's nice to see a couple of people praise Peter Lupton when he has played well. There's always plenty wanting to have a dig at him when he hasn't had a good game.

It's nice to see a couple of people praise Peter Lupton when he has played well. There's always plenty wanting to have a dig at him when he hasn't had a good game.

To be honest I think peters hardly had a bad game this season, he guides us round nicely, and it looks like we now have a partnership at h/b.