Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Squad and score predictions for the widnes game.

72 posts in this topic

More of a case Widnes played poor on the day.If Widnes did not play ###### in their sky games we be 6th in the table now.Team not as poor as you think beating Hull,Warrington and saints.

i was only joking. and any team could say if we hadnt been poor in certain games then they would be much higher. as for beating saints last week? i would fancy a lot of championship sides running them close with there injury ravaged side

We don't seem to be getting much of a build up to the game in the N&S. Same column inches as haven, and they haven't got a game. :O

i was only joking. and any team could say if we hadnt been poor in certain games then they would be much higher. as for beating saints last week? i would fancy a lot of championship sides running them close with there injury ravaged side

Sorry mate if read the message wrong.I have watched Widnes for a while and when on form can beat some of the top sides.Warrington I say is a decent side who we beat comfortably.We played with less men against Bradford and drew.Hock was sent off in the first half too.Just saying we are not as bad a side as last year but I do think you will give us a good game.

You've done pretty well no doubt . I don't care how many injuries they have you can't knock a win away at Saints , or your other scalps. Great test for our guys and a great occasion for them

Anybody remember 1991 in the Lancashire Cup? :D

Yes great Widnes team and a great win . Very early doors in the season

Nearly 3,500 saw Town beat Widnes 27 - 18 with tries from Ashton, Penrice and McLean. Ashton scored a drop goal and Weir kicked seven goals.

That was the season we were in an 8 team league and finished bottom.    In fact we won more matches in cup competitions than we did in the league!!!!

I must admit that my favourite match against Widnes was the one we regretfully lost, with the game in doubt to the last moment. That was the Lancashire Cup Final of 1976. The days of Jim Mills and Iain MacCorquodale.

Gee that was a hard league Keith and a chastening experience for us , and we had a good team ! Carlisle were strong , and teams like Rochdale and Sheffield to . Really tough every week . And we played 4 times ! I shudder every team I here 8 team leagues proposed . Any league should have a minimum of 12 , pity to here John Kear cheer leading for the RFL proposals last night .

John Kear may be a Championship club coach but he is a Super League wannabe at the bottom of his heart.    He writes a column every week in the League Weekly newspaper and it's all about Super League, very rarely mentions Championship.

Me thinks you've hit the nail on the head .... He loved it when Eddie mentioned him getting touted for the Cas job ... Not

Widnes 19 man squad:  Allen, Brown, Clarke, Craven, Dean, Flynn, Gore, Hock, Joseph, Kavanagh, Lawton, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Owens, Phelps, Pickersgill, Winterstein, White. Strong squad great compliment to Town.

Early views on the Widnes Forum suggest the following formation

Owens

Dean

Marsh

Phelps

Flynn

Brown

Mellor

O'Carroll

Clarke

Pickersgill

Winterstein

Hock

Allen

Craven, Joseph, Kavanagh, White.

But I think Lawton and Gore might be given a game.

Really looking forward to seeing Hock play on Sunday, but was surprised by his inclusion as previously Mick Cassidy stated that he was cup-tied to Wigan. Perhaps that clause has been rescinded since his agreed move to the NRL next season.

Hock Vs Acton!! What a battle that will be.

Hock Vs Acton!! What a battle that will be.

He has to get past Robinson first!

IF and i meen IF, WIDNES beat town and get drawn against WIGAN will HOCK be able to play against WIGAN ?????

He has to get past Robinson first!

i doubt cotter will play. surely it should be the same as last time but with calders in and possibly morris to the bench

this game to be shown before match in the bar

this game to be shown before match in the bar

B)