Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

10/05/13 - CCup5 - London Broncos v Bradford Bulls - KO 8pm

Which team will go through to the next round?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will go through to the next round?

• London Broncos
    • Bradford Bulls

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

84 posts in this topic

Feck. :angry:

All credit to London, whatever Rae said last week really did give them a kick up the backside. But we were soft, dumb and woeful. We haven't learned anything, this is where Cummins becomes a coach, and it's obvious he's struggling with the ideas to improve the players. Losing Kearney and Donaldson was a blow, the lack of Manuokafoa told too. But, I don't know if these players are carrying knocks through being overworked but something is very wrong. The bubble has well and truly burst, we'll limp through the season and scrap for the 8th spot.

The long suffering London fans have every right to feel very, very happy tonight! I'm glad (through gritted teeth!) the Broncos faithful can hold their heads high! The club deserves this win. London to move to Wembley once again?! :D

Yeah congrats to London. Hope they make the semis now. The thinness of the squad is really start to take its toll now it seems.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to go sulk and soak up the tears with my foam hands!

Well done London on their win. London fans must be chuffed to bits.

Commiserations to Bradford. 

I was gloriously wrong in my prediction. Really chuffed with that result. Sat waiting for the Bulls to sweep 'em aside in the second half but it never came. Much better atmosphere with everyone in the same stand even though we only know LAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNDAN!

Sheffield in the QF's and then somebody injury ravaged in the SF's and it might just be our year ;-)

great win Broncos, commiserations Bulls.

last 16 or last 8????

i dont know but this is all the club have to play for and i wish them the best of luck in the next draw with a home tie against a Champ club.

can they make it to Wembley????

deep down inside i think we all want them to

Great win by London. Plenty of effort and they never gave up.

I've now been to 3 London games since I've moved here, and they've won all 3. Maybe Dave Hughes can shout me a season ticket for the rest of the year ;)

A very poor and disappointing turnout from Bradford fans. I recall Wath Brow bringing more when they played London at Kingstonian a few years back.

Good atmos in the stand.

Didn't see that coming. Best performance of the season by far, especially in the first half. Got a bit nervy in the last 15 but we held on with a bit to spare. We really meant that last night.

I really thought each and everyone of them played well. I appreciate the Bulls weren't at there best but we did what needed to be done.

That result and performance makes it all worfhwhile.

Gale hoping to blow Broncos away in Challenge Cup

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup is special for every Rugby League player but for Bradford half-back Luke Gale, Friday night's fifth round tie against London Broncos at The Twickenham Stoop will have extra significance.

The former Leeds Rhinos Academy player was on loan with Doncaster when he signed for Harlequins RL at the end of 2008 and it proved to be a career-defining move. In his three seasons with the London club he made 72 appearances and earned a place with England Knights.

“The Challenge Cup is special,” said Gale. “It’s a different game, you don’t play week in week out, so it’s a different kind of buzz and the boys always get up for it. Every team dreams of a good Challenge Cup run and it definitely has a different feel about it.

“I think when you start your career you dream of playing at Wembley. It’s a massive thing, something that everyone wants to achieve.”

So how will it feel to be back and The Stoop? “It will be good, I’ve got a few friends at the club and I enjoyed my time down there. I’m looking forward to it and I know the boys are as well.”

Bradford played the Broncos a month ago at High Wycombe when The Stoop was unavailable in what turned out to be a cracking contest. The Londoners led 20-12 at half-time thanks to a hat-trick from Kieran Dixon but Jarrod Sammut turned the ga :D  :D  :D  :D 

“I know they’ve been at the foot of the table but they’ve got class players like Luke Dorn and some good young kids in Kieran Dixon and Daniel Sarginson.

“With it being Friday night there should be a bit of atmosphere and hopefully they’ll get a good crowd in. It’s a game to look forward to definitely.”

For further information on this season’s Tetley’s Challenge Cup, please visit www.thechallengecup.com, www.facebook.com/TetleysChallengeCup or follow @TetleysChCup.

Wrong place oops :D  :D :D  :D  

Gale hoping to blow Broncos away in Challenge Cup

The Tetley’s Challenge Cup is special for every Rugby League player but for Bradford half-back Luke Gale, Friday night's fifth round tie against London Broncos at The Twickenham Stoop will have extra significance.
The former Leeds Rhinos Academy player was on loan with Doncaster when he signed for Harlequins RL at the end of 2008 and it proved to be a career-defining move. In his three seasons with the London club he made 72 appearances and earned a place with England Knights.
“The Challenge Cup is special,” said Gale. “It’s a different game, you don’t play week in week out, so it’s a different kind of buzz and the boys always get up for it. Every team dreams of a good Challenge Cup run and it definitely has a different feel about it.
“I think when you start your career you dream of playing at Wembley. It’s a massive thing, something that everyone wants to achieve.”
So how will it feel to be back and The Stoop? “It will be good, I’ve got a few friends at the club and I enjoyed my time down there. I’m looking forward to it and I know the boys are as well.”
Bradford played the Broncos a month ago at High Wycombe when The Stoop was unavailable in what turned out to be a cracking contest. The Londoners led 20-12 at half-time thanks to a hat-trick from Kieran Dixon but Jarrod Sammut turned the ga :D  :D  :D  :D 
“I know they’ve been at the foot of the table but they’ve got class players like Luke Dorn and some good young kids in Kieran Dixon and Daniel Sarginson.
“With it being Friday night there should be a bit of atmosphere and hopefully they’ll get a good crowd in. It’s a game to look forward to definitely.”

For further information on this season’s Tetley’s Challenge Cup, please visit www.thechallengecup.com, www.facebook.com/TetleysChallengeCup or follow @TetleysChCup.

Best London performance in a Loooong Time.. :D

When Bradford scored first, I feared the worst especially with one James Child as referee, but once Craig Gower had been victim of a cheap shot then this seemed to fire up the forwards with payback being swift and a Bull being removed from the field following a legitimate king-hit. Top show from all the forwards on display last night and if the show the highlights today before the Huddersfield game watch Kieran Dixons try the second for London which went from the 20 metre line to under the sticks as The London Phantom hit the afterburners. The scoreline was if anything flattering to Bradford with a late try scored in garbage time with the game beyond them.

For all you Tony Rea knockers out there, it was the right call after the Hull game to identify the problem at the club, the difference between Tony and Rob Powell is that Tony through being an ex-player, coach and club stalwart has the respect from the players and within the game to be able to be able to sort things out on the training paddock and get the players to respond.

Tony is also big on energies and if there was more energy on the field then there was also more off it, small crowd maybe, but big atmosphere so much that so that I was amused to overhear a Bull bemoaning the fact that he was sat next to the loudest London fan in the stadium, "Tony Rea came down two minutes from the end and shook him by the hand we dont do that with our coach". Not that your reading this Mr Rammond but don't turn it down next time you sit next to anyone from Yawkshire..

Season stiil live until at least July and I can concentrate on making a bid for those lucky red shirts later (hopefully much later ;) )

A very poor and disappointing turnout from Bradford fans. I recall Wath Brow bringing more when they played London at Kingstonian a few years back.

Good atmos in the stand.

Glad to see the quality of your Bradford baiting hasn't dropped... :rolleyes: 

Mind, I'm not sure how it could get any lower

Any excuse for a dig at the Bulls eh Lobby? Presume the Wath Brow match was at 8pm on a Friday as well just a month after they had previously played down in London?

Any excuse for a dig at the Bulls eh Lobby? Presume the Wath Brow match was at 8pm on a Friday as well just a month after they had previously played down in London?

Don't bite, I was there and there was plenty more than 50.

Don't bite, I was there and there was plenty more than 50.

How many would you say? As low as 50 may be a bit harsh, but it couldnt have been much more than 100 in the away stand

I took a photo of the away end and it was very sparse.