Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tim2

Pennine League Title Run-In

6 posts in this topic

If I read this right, it's possible, depending on the last two games, for Sharlston, Hunslet OB and Queens to finish level on points. I assume this rule then applies in a 3-way basis:

Pennine rule 11.c " In the event of teams finishing level on points, be it either at the top or the bottom of that division, the aggregate score of the teams involved will determine who is promoted or relegated."

Can anyone clarify?

This does assume that Sharlston lose to both Queens and Old Boys in their last two games. Sharlston have a massively better points difference but I'm not sure that matters.

Un-less Queens can get back their National Cup winning team (Minus those in the nick) they havent a cat in hells chance of beating Sharlston

It will be like sending the dads army to to fight in Iraq, they are that old.

if teams finish level it goes on head to head, aggregate scores over the 2 games.

if teams finish level it goes on head to head, aggregate scores over the 2 games.

Correct Carlos , Sharlstons title , (Old Boys)are last league games against em

Queens have to win by +26

Old Boys would then have to win by +18 to go above Sharlston BUT would still lose the title to Queens on head to head. 

simples!!!!!

i was at the match yestaday between drig and sharlston and to be honest cant see oldboys or queens beating sharlston  very good side from 1 to 17