Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefield Ram

Dewsbury Rams 18 Keighley Cougars 10 - discuss the match here

67 posts in this topic

Sorry ramite, but much of what coolie says is true. At half time I had lost the will to live, and TBH thought the cougars would romp it. Much more effort and urgency second half, but a scraped win at the end, and it felt like we'd won the cup final. Good points were that KP looks to be hitting form and fitness and aizue looked far more effective. Bad points - none of the outside backs on display are anywhere near good enough to make us top 6 material.

I'd agree with all that GOR. I wouldn't have been surprised if Pryce had won the MoM to be fair - he really put loads of effort in throughout and, together with Aizue, seemed determined of offer some leadership. I thought we looked a bit disorganised at half back - it's OK individuals having the odd breakaway or clever bts of footwork, but there is a basic need to feed and organise those around them. The team was standing flat much of the time; we didn't seem to have any planned moves; we still shovelled the ball left all of the time; we got two tries from speculative kicks that were fortunate to result in scores. Against that the players obviously grew in confidence as the match progressed - not at all pretty, but satisfactory.

Dont fret GOR the Bulldogs are introducing a new scheme for the dear departed as of next season. We dip them in formaldehyde and prop them up in the covered stand then charge relatives £15 on a sunday afternoon to visit em ;)

Ground will still look empty, although maybe a bit more lively!

:rolleyes:

Sorry ramite, but much of what coolie says is true. At half time I had lost the will to live, and TBH thought the cougars would romp it. Much more effort and urgency second half, but a scraped win at the end, and it felt like we'd won the cup final. Good points were that KP looks to be hitting form and fitness and aizue looked far more effective. Bad points - none of the outside backs on display are anywhere near good enough to make us top 6 material.

It wasn't me!

thought we played well as a team, Pryce had his best game to date and Aizue showed how a forward should run the ball in.

BUT........Brown is wasted at loose need him back at 6 and taking their defensive line on, does far to much tackling for a half back and he was unlucky not to score on his break.

Lets hope we can now build on this, a good performance on Thursday to get us ready for Swinton.

Does anybody know if the stats from the matches are ever published.

I'd agree with all that GOR. I wouldn't have been surprised if Pryce had won the MoM to be fair - he really put loads of effort in throughout and, together with Aizue, seemed determined of offer some leadership. I thought we looked a bit disorganised at half back - it's OK individuals having the odd breakaway or clever bts of footwork, but there is a basic need to feed and organise those around them. The team was standing flat much of the time; we didn't seem to have any planned moves; we still shovelled the ball left all of the time; we got two tries from speculative kicks that were fortunate to result in scores. Against that the players obviously grew in confidence as the match progressed - not at all pretty, but satisfactory.

So a satisfactory result when confidence has been so low. That mean a good win and a platform to start playing attractive rugby again with spirit, confidence and flair.

A win is a win and today was an important win - I for one was pleased to be behind at half time as it forced a performance in the 2nd half! How many of you would have predicted a lockout in the 2nd half and tries..... be honest.... admit it..... they played well for the circumstance we find ourselves in and we should not expect a Super League performance after losing so many games!!

It wasn't me!

Ha Ha, I was quite enjoying not being flamed and you carrying the can!! shows people are unable to see clearly! That perhaps explains some of the comments on the match they think they see!! :rolleyes:  :D  ;)

Agree with most points, KP had a good game seems more settled at FB not sure where this leaves Craven. Hope to see him play like that for rest of the season. Good to see a second half performance from the team and score a few tries. Not sure why Coleman went off though injured? Wright and AOB were excellent love to see AOB here full time.

Not sure we still look like a team though . Agree with GOR about the backs apart from Morton. Think he is short of a good centre.

Agree with most points, KP had a good game seems more settled at FB not sure where this leaves Craven. Hope to see him play like that for rest of the season. Good to see a second half performance from the team and score a few tries. Not sure why Coleman went off though injured? Wright and AOB were excellent love to see AOB here full time.

Not sure we still look like a team though . Agree with GOR about the backs apart from Morton. Think he is short of a good centre.

AOB missed at least two tackles in his first spell. We improved when Wright came on.

It's difficult to tell how good Watkinson is or might be as I can't remember him getting a half-decent pass. He did retrieve a difficult position from under the sticks in the second half though and looks like he should be used a lot more.

AOB missed at least two tackles in his first spell. We improved when Wright came on.

It's difficult to tell how good Watkinson is or might be as I can't remember him getting a half-decent pass. He did retrieve a difficult position from under the sticks in the second half though and looks like he should be used a lot more.

He did but generally while he has been here I have been impressed , his little runs cause problems. I'd be happy to see Wright and AOB as hookers every week. Maybe it's the chopping and changing why backs haven't impressed massively.

Positives from today is the three points to kick start the season again,Ryan Wright back in the team,looked more solid in defence,need to build the team around,Wright,Brown and Coleman.Seeing more improvement from Pryce.Hoping to get some more players back from injury for the Swinton game.One point to think about is we had 818 people at the game today,not bad for a struggling side,Batley had around 550.Did anyone notice James Craven helping out with the scoreboard. behind the sticks today? Is this the new policy with keeping players busy when not playing?

I thought Pryce, O'Brien, Wright, and Aizue all had good games. I agree Brown is wasted at loose forward and should refer back to stand-off. Some of the refs decisions were baffling at times. So glad we got the win though. Onwards and upwards for Thursday!

Thought 818 was ok considering the form we have been in, thought it would lower. Not sure what Batley can do they have the product but not the attendances.

ramemhard...its quiet obvious you aint followed the rams for

shall we say to be kind..not as long as us ;)

if your pleased with the drivel that was served up today..

you wouldnt know good rugby if it sat on your face and wiggled

IT WAS C.RAP !!!!!!! boring unentertaing S.H.I.T.E

2 teams who quiet clearly will do nothing.

its not win or lose that defines a team its the performance,to play as one moving in a direction together

it was nothing more than championship 1 rugby today,the team needs to be settled,for me pryce was MOTM today

not because he was a world beater...but because he looked like he wanted to make a diffence never stopped trying.

where is tebb gives 100% and dont get a game,even gallager played well today..you dont have just to be a sam tomkins

to get the limelight...just pure effort is all fans ask.

i go to a game to see my team perform and if they lose by 1 or 50 as long as they work as one and never stop

you cant knock your team PERFORMANCE !!!! not results they go hand in hand..if you get one right the other follows

im not gonna praise nobody,we beat the bottom club by 8 points at home WHOOP WHOOP brilliant fantastic didnt we do well

im sorry but...i need a little more stimulation than what i saw today to get excited..i was more excited when we lost to fev on that

horrible night...BECAUSE WE TRIED !!!!!! against a team that would wipe the floor with us.

i expect more from this club..

ramemhard...its quiet obvious you aint followed the rams for

shall we say to be kind..not as long as us ;)

if your pleased with the drivel that was served up today..

you wouldnt know good rugby if it sat on your face and wiggled

IT WAS C.RAP !!!!!!! boring unentertaing S.H.I.T.E

2 teams who quiet clearly will do nothing.

its not win or lose that defines a team its the performance,to play as one moving in a direction together

it was nothing more than championship 1 rugby today,the team needs to be settled,for me pryce was MOTM today

not because he was a world beater...but because he looked like he wanted to make a diffence never stopped trying.

where is tebb gives 100% and dont get a game,even gallager played well today..you dont have just to be a sam tomkins

to get the limelight...just pure effort is all fans ask.

i go to a game to see my team perform and if they lose by 1 or 50 as long as they work as one and never stop

you cant knock your team PERFORMANCE !!!! not results they go hand in hand..if you get one right the other follows

im not gonna praise nobody,we beat the bottom club by 8 points at home WHOOP WHOOP brilliant fantastic didnt we do well

im sorry but...i need a little more stimulation than what i saw today to get excited..i was more excited when we lost to fev on that

horrible night...BECAUSE WE TRIED !!!!!! against a team that would wipe the floor with us.

i expect more from this club..

This post is full of contradictions!

Its not win or lose that defines a team its performance - you say - so when we lost to Fev with a good performance were you banging the 'well done' drum? Don't give me the satisfaction of hearing you say that if they free flow passed the ball, offloaded and attacked well and performed well in defence yet kept losing every match by a drop goal you would be happy!

You give Pryce MOTM (I'm surprised you can even bring yourself to say that aloud after previous thoughts) yet you don't want to praise anyone (?)  oh and you even acknowledge Gallagher played well today (is that more praise?)!!

'Pure effort is what is all the fans ask...' just let me know who didn't and when pure effort wasn't on display in the 2nd half... yes that's right when we were 6 points down and in previous games haven't scored nor not stopped the other team scoring! So in my book that is a big mental and physical effort. 

We beat the bottom club in a league that is so close that anyone outside of the top 5 (of which in GM's 1st season building a squad on a shoestring we are unlikely to reach) who loses can be put into the bottom! If we lost we're in relegation if we win we are in 6th! 

Pleased with the flowing game of rugby on display today? No! But with the pressure (so called 'supporters' have been adding to) building with each match I am pleased the team have got back to winning. Scoring in 2nd half and stopping Cougars scoring in 2nd Half... Even you must admit that is a big turn around and a platform to move on from allowing the squad to believe they can give 'pure effort' and get results.

So think hard before you post as you 'are so experienced' you know there are ups and downs in a season and the type of rugby that will entertain comes with confidence - but that comes over time not immediately! Any team that has suffered our injuries, DR working against us and pure bad luck over the 8 game streak and the 'drivel' heard from the stands would also have let their heads drop. Dark clouds have gathered over the last few games yet they have done something about it and proved they can provide 'PURE EFFORT' to move them on!

BTW - I have not at any point implied good rugby just a good win to build on... then as that builds the good rugby will follow

Try disconnecting yourself from the club

your just one cog of the current circus

and will move on once your turn is up

and a new ringmaster and circus will

surely follow..one thing youll learn about dewsbury fans...they speak from the heart weather its a broken one or one fulled with joy

things are far from right GM under estimated the championship and has been a sharp learning curve dont start bemoaning small budgets for the players thats been signed..he picked them and was happy at the time...the thing missing was the balance of youth and experience...which was got wrong.yeah in super league you can put a couple of young lads in the team and they can develope with the protection of the pro's on the field,you cant put a team of them on the field in the championship and expect them to excel...its just not how the game is and for christs sake stop the constant tinkerman rubbish...its like a lottery whos playing where...

you and i ramemhard are looking at this from 2 different angles you from inside looking out and me outside looking in...we will clash as our perception differs...but in reality we want the same thing...the club and the lads to do well

and as fans we all want that.

thats the difference between head & the heart.

;)

You are right we do want the same thing just I would prefer to look at the positives when I spend my money..

Not connected to the club so not looking inside out just been involved for a long time in football so recognise hallmarks of low confidence and the impact on performance with injuries. It is hard to have a settled squad when the personnel are not there each week.

Always looking to the negatives as many of your posts do do not reflect the true picture as you will see positives in each game you just choose not to reward them.

But we are all different and it will keep the forum alive

Coolie , if rugby league is a circus there will always be a place for you near to our ring .

..i was more excited when we lost to fev on that

Coolie

I usually resist the temptation to reply to your more cheerful postings, but if you are saying the lads didnt "try" in the second half yesterday i am lost.  They werent great and you're right a 8-0 will against the bottom team isnt fantastic, but to say they didnt try is ludicrous

Lol dont ya just love this forum lol

im not saying they didnt try

they bucked their recent trend of second half

cave ins..it happened to be the bottom so i dont take any pleasure in what the lads did..

weve a team of young individuals that GM has to mold into one unit...im not getting carried away.

fax on thursday hoping to see a few more steps going forward....but i lack the confidence that you all seem to have in the way things are going.

if weve got to the situation where we have to praise and pat each other on the back after beating a side like keighley....things are desperate.

we all know the team can do it,they proved this right up to the second half at barrow...where the slide happened and second half vs whitehaven.

Coolie , if rugby league is a circus there will always be a place for you near to our ring .

Were you sober when you typed that GFDU?

:D

Ha Ha, I was quite enjoying not being flamed and you carrying the can!! shows people are unable to see clearly! That perhaps explains some of the comments on the match they think they see!! :rolleyes:  :D  ;)

Apologies to rammite - and you are right, I was unable to see clearly. I had a prematch pint to settle my prematch nerves. I had a half time pint to furnish me with the beer goggles required to see me through the second half, I had a postmatch beer to settle my shredded nerves, one on the way home in my local to celebrate and couple of glasses of wine with the sunday roast. Even through the bottom of two Rose' tinted glasses I could still only see a very welcome, but unconvincing win. :rolleyes:

This post is full of contradictions!

Its not win or lose that defines a team its performance - you say - so when we lost to Fev with a good performance were you banging the 'well done' drum? Don't give me the satisfaction of hearing you say that if they free flow passed the ball, offloaded and attacked well and performed well in defence yet kept losing every match by a drop goal you would be happy!

You give Pryce MOTM (I'm surprised you can even bring yourself to say that aloud after previous thoughts) yet you don't want to praise anyone (?)  oh and you even acknowledge Gallagher played well today (is that more praise?)!!

'Pure effort is what is all the fans ask...' just let me know who didn't and when pure effort wasn't on display in the 2nd half... yes that's right when we were 6 points down and in previous games haven't scored nor not stopped the other team scoring! So in my book that is a big mental and physical effort. 

We beat the bottom club in a league that is so close that anyone outside of the top 5 (of which in GM's 1st season building a squad on a shoestring we are unlikely to reach) who loses can be put into the bottom! If we lost we're in relegation if we win we are in 6th! 

Pleased with the flowing game of rugby on display today? No! But with the pressure (so called 'supporters' have been adding to) building with each match I am pleased the team have got back to winning. Scoring in 2nd half and stopping Cougars scoring in 2nd Half... Even you must admit that is a big turn around and a platform to move on from allowing the squad to believe they can give 'pure effort' and get results.

So think hard before you post as you 'are so experienced' you know there are ups and downs in a season and the type of rugby that will entertain comes with confidence - but that comes over time not immediately! Any team that has suffered our injuries, DR working against us and pure bad luck over the 8 game streak and the 'drivel' heard from the stands would also have let their heads drop. Dark clouds have gathered over the last few games yet they have done something about it and proved they can provide 'PURE EFFORT' to move them on!

BTW - I have not at any point implied good rugby just a good win to build on... then as that builds the good rugby will follow

Coolie's big enough to look after himself but as one of the "so-called supporters" spouting the "drivel heard from the stands" I take exception to your arrogance that you understand everything and those who disagree know nothing. We've been following this club for many years, and hope to do so for many more, but we also recognise poor rugby and inadequate players when we see them. We reserve our right to voice our opinions on these as and when we see fit, so long as we are paying to be entertained by them.

HTH

Lol dont ya just love this forum lol

....but i lack the confidence that you all seem to have in the way things are going.

if weve got to the situation where we have to praise and pat each other on the back after beating a side like keighley....things are desperate.

we all know the team can do it,they proved this right up to the second half at barrow...where the slide happened and second half vs whitehaven.

I think your comment on the fev game inferred that they didnt try yesterday.  The way things have been going lately a pat on the back and a bit of praise for yesterday was not out of place, but that siad, things are still desperate and I still am pretty short of confidence so we are still agreeing more than  disagreeing....

Thanks Micky1920.

Interesting to watch these highlights. Both teams should have had a try chalked of in my opinion - Keighley's second was passede off the floor and our third was a knock-on. Overall I felt the ref did well, however.