Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefield Ram

Dewsbury Rams 18 Keighley Cougars 10 - discuss the match here

67 posts in this topic

Coolie's big enough to look after himself but as one of the "so-called supporters" spouting the "drivel heard from the stands" I take exception to your arrogance that you understand everything and those who disagree know nothing. We've been following this club for many years, and hope to do so for many more, but we also recognise poor rugby and inadequate players when we see them. We reserve our right to voice our opinions on these as and when we see fit, so long as we are paying to be entertained by them.

HTH

Arrogance? I have never expressed the opinion that I understand everything and those who disagree know nothing!

All I understand is yesterday the lads stopped the rot and there is now a platform to move forward and get some wins as the run of bad results and collapsing is broken.

I feel the flaming and negativity after yesterday is misplaced as although I agree the rugby wasn't pretty, the effort was put in playing for the shirts to turn things around and succeeded.

Yet 'supporters' are still not happy - The word supporter includes the word support!

Things take time but there is a light at the tunnel and hopefully the lads will be bathing in it after Thursday and Swinton then the confident swagger may return and the opportunity to play free flowing rugby will come.

The team is the team we have to support them as they play in the shirt and wear the badge!

Arrogance? I have never expressed the opinion that I understand everything and those who disagree know nothing!

All I understand is yesterday the lads stopped the rot and there is now a platform to move forward and get some wins as the run of bad results and collapsing is broken.

I feel the flaming and negativity after yesterday is misplaced as although I agree the rugby wasn't pretty, the effort was put in playing for the shirts to turn things around and succeeded.

Yet 'supporters' are still not happy - The word supporter includes the word support!

Things take time but there is a light at the tunnel and hopefully the lads will be bathing in it after Thursday and Swinton then the confident swagger may return and the opportunity to play free flowing rugby will come.

The team is the team we have to support them as they play in the shirt and wear the badge!

If you wish to offer unconditional support then that is your prerogative, but it isn't my choice. Blind loyalty to any player wearing the shirt is simply not good enough - I've seen some rubbish players wear that shirt over the years and I'm sure I will do so again. By wearing the shirt they didn't become good players in the past and that holds equally so now.

I support the club loyally, but not unconditially, and will continue to do so for as long as I'm able. I want them to succeed as much as anyone else but I also reserve the right to criticise what I see as wrong or inadequate as and when I see fit and will not be dictated to by anyone else as to when my views are unacceptable. Criticise my views all that you want to, that is your right, but don't criticise me or anyone else for expressing them.

Overall I felt the ref did well, however.

Hey, keep those opinions to yourself!!!!

Next you will be saying he had a good game......that's just not possible.....is it???? lol

I agree BSJ, but often the shoe is on the other foot and contributors saying positive things about the team are often ridiculed or accused of living in "cloud cuckoo land". Regular visitors to the forum will know that I'm an eternal optimist and will back my team regardless of results, so I've experienced the backlash first hand! It works both ways!

Never been one to boo my own team or slag off individuals on the internet. Prefer to channel my frustrations in a positive way, either by shouting even louder from the terraces or helping the club out with something it's struggling with. Call me deluded if you like, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for yesterday's match, once we started completing our sets in enemy territory we scored tries, and we were the team that looked like scoring next when the hooter sounded. It wasn't as if we were hanging on.

Thought Pryce was great and Cosgrove made a big impact from the bench.

It was a scrappy win, but I don't think we could realistically expect a champagne performance after so many weeks in the doldrums. We didn't play well and we beat a team fighting for its life against relegation. I'll take that, and I hope to see more steps forward against Halifax, particularly if we can welcome Lillycrop, Spicer and Tonks back from injury.

Also, I don't think our level of effort has been an issue at any stage of the season, and think it's a little unfair to question it. 

So you can criticise the 'drivel' (for want of a word) that you see on the pitch and I can criticise the 'drivel' I hear in the stands. It is all part of the admission fee and the 'entertainment'!

We are all entitled to opinions and I for one have not launched a personal attack on anyone for being disappointed by the performance nor would ever boo the team I support. 

Just pointing out that perhaps all is not as negative as some would like us to believe and it would be nice for supporters to show support to those who find themselves in the shirt.

THEY GOT A WIN!!! lets all hope they can move on and up.... WE ARE IN SIXTH! We may not have played the best rugby but the table does not lie! 

Yes I am not as old nor lived in the area for as long as you (from your posts) and have missed out on the good and bad times but I do live in the here and now and have come to support my local team having only just moved to the area.

There are problems and we all want them to be fixed yet we will all have different ideas how to fix them - now that is opinion I am interested in when solutions are tabled.... it is just I see some comments made from the stands and in this forum disappointing when there was a strong turnaround in performance yesterday i.e. THEY WON! THEY SCORED! THEY STOPPED THE TEAM FROM SCORING IN THE 2ND! They haven't done that for a long time and they may not do it again so enjoy the moment! Oh no lets moan,moan, moan!

There are a lot of positives from the game in my view and I saw things that have not been evident in the games I have seen that have given me hope that I made the right decision to see Dewsbury play and not go and watch SL or Batley. This negative doom and gloom from the stands and forums would put the casual punter off from coming again as they would feel it pointless paying the admission fee!

My opinion, my view yet you are telling me that I am not allowed to express this as this is critisising you personally???  ..... CONUNDRUM

So you can criticise the 'drivel' (for want of a word) that you see on the pitch and I can criticise the 'drivel' I hear in the stands. It is all part of the admission fee and the 'entertainment'!

We are all entitled to opinions and I for one have not launched a personal attack on anyone for being disappointed by the performance nor would ever boo the team I support.

Just pointing out that perhaps all is not as negative as some would like us to believe and it would be nice for supporters to show support to those who find themselves in the shirt.

THEY GOT A WIN!!! lets all hope they can move on and up.... WE ARE IN SIXTH! We may not have played the best rugby but the table does not lie! 

Yes I am not as old nor lived in the area for as long as you (from your posts) and have missed out on the good and bad times but I do live in the here and now and have come to support my local team having only just moved to the area.

There are problems and we all want them to be fixed yet we will all have different ideas how to fix them - now that is opinion I am interested in when solutions are tabled.... it is just I see some comments made from the stands and in this forum disappointing when there was a strong turnaround in performance yesterday i.e. THEY WON! THEY SCORED! THEY STOPPED THE TEAM FROM SCORING IN THE 2ND! They haven't done that for a long time and they may not do it again so enjoy the moment! Oh no lets moan,moan, moan!

There are a lot of positives from the game in my view and I saw things that have not been evident in the games I have seen that have given me hope that I made the right decision to see Dewsbury play and not go and watch SL or Batley. This negative doom and gloom from the stands and forums would put the casual punter off from coming again as they would feel it pointless paying the admission fee!

My opinion, my view yet you are telling me that I am not allowed to express this as this is critisising you personally???  ..... CONUNDRUM

Just backtrack a little would you? There is no conundrum.

I haven't at any point criticised your opinions on the team performance and have in fact stated that you are perfectly entitled to hold them. I also said that you are perfectly entitled to criticise my views, but don't criticise me for holding them or expressing them. You appear to be intelligent enough to understand the difference. What I did take umbrage with, if you read my posts carefully, is your implication that those who may criticise the team's performance and fail to show unswerving loyalty are unfitted to calling themselves supporters. They have been supporters of the team for many, many seasons (and may possibly have criticised them throughout) but they are supporters nonetheless and should be recognised and respected as such.

Maybe if you used the expression "fans" that differentiation would be acceptable.

Ok think we need to get this "trying" in context

im not saying for one minute any lad steps on the field not to "try" there best...not one minute

the players have an ability that they can perform too...danny jones can try as hard as he want but will never come up to danny brough on a quiet day.

its down to the level of coaching to strive to make the player better thus to achive more.

if a young player is only coached to the level he plays i.e under 21 when put against pro's or even semi pro's they will struggle to keep the intensity up for 80 minutes this is why i think the second half cave in's came more as a mental collapse rather than physicly running out of steam.

end of the day its all the young headless roosters that flap about the chicken coop,its the old experienced c.ock that sits and waits for the hens to get tired before making a move.

adding experience to this team will carry them thru.

thats whats missing. ;)

so no more talk they aint trying more like playing too their ability or in some games this season as in the fev game,playing above their ability and years.

that should be the confussion sorted...

and on the subject of old c.ocks...wheres piggy ?

Just waiting for you hens to tire before I make my move ;)

have ya got your bags packed mate...only a matter of weeks before the ''mount for sale'' sign gets planted

it will be a sad day having to share the same stand as batley fans...already clearing my throat for chants of

''gypo's !!! gypo's !! ''

and the ''nomads of the taliban,welcome batley r.l.f.c'' tee-shirts ;)

its like xmas you know its coming,but just dont know the level of prezzies your gonna get :)

If it were to happen Coolie at last there would be a decent team playing at the tip rat stadium ;)

I cant disagree on that mate ;)

dont be saying "if" either...its a done deal

or should i say soon to be completed deal

according to my sources in the land registry dept

dewsbury/batley ramdogs..not a brand id pick

or how about piggys rambull.... which he often does ;)

Without wanting to spoil your fun Coolie the Land Registry only get involved in the registration of title numbers once a transaction has been completed. And I kind of think we may have known about it if that was the case.

And I'm qualified conveyancer just to add.

So for now, and hopefully a fair few years to come us 532 hardy souls still have a place to reside on a Sunday afternoon!

If the ground ever did get sold, which I can't imagine would go down well after it being our home for over a century, then at least we'd have a nice lump sum to develop a new one, with it being owned outright by the club. Whatever people say about Kev N, he is incredibly shrewd when it comes to money.

I'm sure at times it is difficult to balance the books though with the crowds we get and the amount of winning pay we've had to part with these last few years. Although I guess that's not something you guys can really empathise with;).

Lillycrop, Spicer, Buchanan, Tonks, Craven all missing, number of losses on the bounce and we win. What more do people want?

Were Keighley missing five first teamers? Had Brown passed near the end when he made his break we'd have scored again, likewise Walshaw wasn't that far from scoring down the left.

We are 6th despite the disastrous run, got Swinton at home next, so another chance to pick up a win. All I want from this season is to stay up and hopefully be safe before the last game or two.

Thanks Micky1920.

Interesting to watch these highlights. Both teams should have had a try chalked of in my opinion - Keighley's second was passede off the floor and our third was a knock-on. Overall I felt the ref did well, however.

Thanks for posting this. Not sure I agree about the two tries being written off. Felt that they might both have just about been ok. Couple of thoughts I had watching this; firstly Pryce could score far more tries like this one if he pushed on the way he did here. secondly how are we meant to tell the difference between O'Brien and Wright ? They look identical. Perhaps most importantly you can see that the team spirit after the tries are scored seems better than I imagined.

Thanks for posting this. Not sure I agree about the two tries being written off. Felt that they might both have just about been ok. Couple of thoughts I had watching this; firstly Pryce could score far more tries like this one if he pushed on the way he did here. secondly how are we meant to tell the difference between O'Brien and Wright ? They look identical. Perhaps most importantly you can see that the team spirit after the tries are scored seems better than I imagined.

I did say "in my opinion"!

It's easy to tell the hookers apart - they both wear diffrerent squad numbers. Weren't you paying attention when the benefits of squad numbers were being explained to us Nick? In fact O'B is slightly taller, but that means we can only tell them apart when they're both on the pitch at the same time. My system is that if he makes a good tackle then it's Wright, if he messes it up then it's O'Brien.

B)

I did say "in my opinion"!

It's easy to tell the hookers apart - they both wear diffrerent squad numbers. Weren't you paying attention when the benefits of squad numbers were being explained to us Nick? In fact O'B is slightly taller, but that means we can only tell them apart when they're both on the pitch at the same time. My system is that if he makes a good tackle then it's Wright, if he messes it up then it's O'Brien.

B)

And if they make a break or score a try it's O'Brien. ;)

And if they make a break or score a try it's O'Brien. ;)

Touche!