Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gnidir

Presenting the World Cup

23 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been sorted yet. But I'm going to throw Alex ferguson out there. I'm no man it's fan, but at old Trafford, I think it would create a fair bit of media coverage and maybe add some celebrity faces to the crowd. I doubt we will get the queen, we are proudly (sometimes to our detriment) a working class sport. Any thoughts?

There is literally no-one living or dead who could present this World Cup without the usual bitching from fans of RL who probably won't even attend a single game of the tournament. So on that basis, sod prestige, I'll vote for Steve Prescott.

There is literally no-one living or dead who could present this World Cup without the usual bitching from fans of RL who probably won't even attend a single game of the tournament. So on that basis, sod prestige, I'll vote for Steve Prescott.

... providing Prescott is feeling well enough of course.

Clare balding....

It should be presented by the head of the international federation, who and whatever that is.

It should be presented by the head of the international federation, who and whatever that is.

Just to be clear, after winning the world cup there could be no better honour than getting to meet Scott Carter.

Just to be clear, after winning the world cup there could be no better honour than getting to meet Scott Carter.

at least a scott will get to put their hands on the world cup, theres no other way its gonna happen

at least a scott will get to put their hands on the world cup, theres no other way its gonna happen

A Scot already has

Wiggins would be a good one if we win, I'd do seething innovative like have 2 different potential presenters, one for both countries in the final. Check all famous rl fans from NZ , Aus & Eng now

it will be some non descript no body as usual- a bloke in a suit, no one will remember- 90 % of the crowd will have left anyway by the time australia lift the trophy

I don't care who presents it as long as it's Kevin Sinfield receiving it!

NIGEL FARAGE MAN OF THE PEOPLE

CM

Downside #1: You'd have to be quite accurate with the flung bottle of urine, just to hit him and not the great and good of RL.

Downside #2: Man of the people, my 'arris!

HRH Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.................. and if she can't do it, HRH His Majesty Prince Charles.

At least with that option, whoever wins the World Cup will have it presented by their head of state!

EDIT: Interestingly, 5 of the top 6 ranked RL teams have the same head of state!

Invite the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard to do it, then when England win it she have to present it with gritted teeth, and Sinfield will have to use a crowbar to get it out of her hands.

Invite the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard to do it, then when England win it she have to present it with gritted teeth, and Sinfield will have to use a crowbar to get it out of her hands.

Priceless

At least with that option, whoever wins the World Cup will have it presented by their head of state!

EDIT: Interestingly, 5 of the top 6 ranked RL teams have the same head of state!

Neutrality and profile. Its a winner!