Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atp

Supporters Meeting

57 posts in this topic

Average attendance 850-900, meeting to be held in Raiders Bar which holds less than 100?

Shouldn't all supporters have a chance to attend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The atendance at the proposed meeting will be unknown until the actual night it occurs. I would imagine a greater number than 100 due to the past.

 

I personally cannot make the meeting which will probably come as a relief to the Board of Directors and some nieve fans ;) . I will say again that this position was clearly forseen and should come as no suprise to anyone who had knowledge of the finances of the club and the inherited debts. This is NOT a cash flow situation were borrowed money will omit the problem and it is hard cash that the club needs to pay of some of the long standing debts from previous to the curent BoD. It was always going to be an up hill battle but one thing that Barrow RLFC has is a hard core of fans and supportesr that have kept the club above water over the years. I can see a good future for the club but any plans must be actioned and long term otherwise this will reccur year in year out.

 

Sorry for the negativity but I have been harping on about this day coming for over 12 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I personally cannot make the meeting which will probably come as a relief to the Board of Directors and some nieve fans ;) .

Where is the LIKE BUTTON. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average attendance 850-900, meeting to be held in Raiders Bar which holds less than 100?

Shouldn't all supporters have a chance to attend?

How do you arrive at your average figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gate figures around 1000-1200 allowing for traveling supporters and children, my point being the Raiders Bar is to small to hold a meeting of this importance to the club. Going off past attendances at previous crisis meetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see a turn out of more 200 and I think that's being optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totaly agree barrowbob Raiders Bar has a licence for around 75-80 if my memory is correct, could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cant make the meeting but i really hope it goes well and a solution can be found. alot of people have invested a great deal of time and money in the club, voluteers,  back room staff, BoD members past and present, the shop, its helpers and fans.

 

I dont think anyone wants this season or the club to fail and if its is only a cash flow problem im sure it can be overcome but the BoD need to be frank and open if we are to move forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sure the bar will be able to accommodate the numbers due. A bit of rearranging the furniture, plus there is always outside. We have a mic and a speaker what can go outside. Plus the last meeting we had at the lisdoonie, I'm sure there was less than a hundred there. I might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meeting scheduled to be held in the Raiders Bar on Friday 17th May 2013 at 8pm, will now be held at the Lidsoonie Hotel - 6pm start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets hope for a big turnout...would be disapointing if only a few turn up after having to move the venue.

 

let me know how it goes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meeting scheduled to be held in the Raiders Bar on Friday 17th May 2013 at 8pm, will now be held at the Lidsoonie Hotel - 6pm start

Some of us dont finish work until 5-15 p.m. on a Friday so this is no good to me! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of Interest does the lisdoonie sponsor the club at all.I didn't see a problem with using the raiders bar and keeping the money in the club even more so when the club needs all the money it can get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see how many people that are complaining the raiders bar wont be big enough to hold the meeting actually turn up themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any bits of fund raising planned for Friday night? I know it won't be much but surely it all helps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Raiders Bar will be open after the meeting at the Lisdoonie. So if you fancy a couple of pints to discuss the nights events with each other, your more than welcome. Plus we will be showing the Warrington v Hull game at 8pm. Doors will open at 7.15pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies from Sandra and myself but we are in Ireland. I look forward to reading all about it after the meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunatley I wont be there either as I dont finish work in time for a 6 p.m. meeting, shame it was not 8 p.m. as originally planned ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hope there's a good turn out out after the griping about the meeting being held in raiders bar . If you want answers it want to share ideas for fundraising .. Help your club if you can by being there tonight . 30 mins and counting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah . There were about 50/60 turn out ( so raiders bar would have been big enough ). Thx to lisdoonie non the less

Full details of meeting will be in evening mail some productive ideas and some interesting information. . I left thinking we have a good board of directors and in David sharpe a great chairman . Truly has the club in his heart as we all do. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard we have been given an extra season to sort out the floodlights, great news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard we have been given an extra season to sort out the floodlights, great news

is this official? If so fantaastic news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it the RFL who made this decision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Mon 10th April 2017

Rugby League World - April 2017