Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

11/05/13 - CCup5 - Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos - 2.30pm (BBC)

Which team will go through to the next round?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will go through to the next round?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

174 posts in this topic

I would imagine Ant has a ban

HA!

How did Ganson turn down Cordings try

HA!

You could not see the ball touch the ground HTH

Oh, and Hardaker's claims to be a safer option under the high ball than the incumbent England number 1 look decidedly ropy to me - great player though he is on attack.

What one dropped ball? Give it a rest. Hardaker was probably Leeds best player, especially the two try saving tackles.

What one dropped ball? Give it a rest. Hardsketcwas probably Leeds best player, especially the two try saving tackles.

I think EW is pulling your inside leg.

What one dropped ball? Give it a rest. Hardsketcwas probably Leeds best player, especially the two try saving tackles.

Crabtree should have scored that first one,if he hadn't have tried to step up ,Hardaker wouldn't have got him.

1. I thought that the BBC camera work was poor. Close ups at the play the ball were Ok but then the camera retreated in to the distance so that the players appeared to be midgets. This must be improved by the World Cup.

2. Very impressed with the analysis and summaries of Jon Wilkin. very articulate. I hope the Rugby League make good use of him in the future.

3. Earl Crabtree was immense. For a big man his work rate and tackling were extraordinary. he too is an articulate talker even after a 70 minute playing effort.

You could not see the ball touch the ground HTH

That's no reason to deny a try

BoD and all that

That's no reason to deny a try

BoD and all that

Besides the fact that, as pointed out earlier, Ganson initially called the ball 'on the ground' based on the same camera shot he eventually disallowed it on.

As far as I can see, it'll be the first time neither Leeds nor Saints have reached the semis since 1998. 

Sheffield to beat Wigan in the final then?  :unsure:

Was the worlds greatest player playing today ?

Yes, saw him get sacked the one time he touched the ball

Danny McGuire punches out on numerous occasions doesnt even got a talking to

Joe Wardle gets shoved by ablett, words between them then punches out and gets a red card????

Is it me???

That's my view also, if you red card 1 fella for throwing punches to the head then you must card anyone else ?

Great game to watch though.

Heroic performance by Huddersfield today. My highlight though was the tv subtitles which referred to the video ref as 'Steve Afghanistaniston".

Oh, and Hardaker's claims to be a safer option under the high ball than the incumbent England number 1 look decidedly ropy to me - great player though he is on attack.

What, due to one drop early in the game? He was safe as houses after that.

I actually thought it was his worst game in attack in a long time otherwise though. Continuously took the wrong option when coming into the line and blew a lot of chances wide of him by keeping the ball.

HA!

I watched at home, I thought Ganson's ego got in the way.

Danny McGuire punches out on numerous occasions doesnt even got a talking to

Joe Wardle gets shoved by ablett, words between them then punches out and gets a red card????

Is it me???

I think the reason Wardle got a red was that it was a continued assault where Ablett didn't even get his hands up never mind throw one back. One or two cracks would've been a yellow, but he kept going at him.

Good win for the Giants, their defense worked hard for each other and Brough certainly was the most capable half on the pitch. Leeds looked like they struggled to get into the gear required to keep up.

A far more likely scenario is that Sinfield will tantrum at the ref until a Giants player is incorrectly sent off.

Well, almost right!

McGuire appears to be on the eve of destruction.

B'dum tish.

One for the oldies......

What, due to one drop early in the game? He was safe as houses after that.

I agree.

The variable wind made things difficult at times today, particularly under the high ball. It also made timing of the split second, shot or bust passes difficult at times. One dropped ball in those conditions is no disgrace.

Immense performance from Huddersfield who totally outplayed their opponents, exposing the limitations of this supposedly "great" Leeds side by simply getting in their face and refusing to go away.

Huddersfield's win was all the more remarkable as not only did they have to defeat Leeds, they also had to defeat an incredibly pro-Leeds refereeing performance by the all the match officials. Huddersfield had a perfectly good try disallowed, Leeds were never onside and should have had men sent to the sin bin for employing their usual tactic of giving away penalties deliberately once their opponents got any momemtum. The amount of Leeds forward passes that went unpunished reached comedic proportions and I'd love to know how Maguire throws punches and stays on yet wardle throws punches and has to go off? The special relationship at work again if you ask me.

Anyway, the best side won in the end and it was wonderful to see Sinfield, Maguire, Bailey and the rest of them, including the truly dreadful Hetheringtons, skulking around at the finish with faces like smacked aaaarses.

Well done Huddy - gggrrreat result for Rugby League!!! I'm absolutely delighted!!!!

Immense performance from Huddersfield who totally outplayed their opponents, exposing the limitations of this supposedly "great" Leeds side by simply getting in their face and refusing to go away.

Huddersfield's win was all the more remarkable as not only did they have to defeat Leeds, they also had to defeat an incredibly pro-Leeds refereeing performance by the all the match officials. Huddersfield had a perfectly good try disallowed, Leeds were never onside and should have had men sent to the sin bin for employing their usual tactic of giving away penalties deliberately once their opponents got any momemtum. The amount of Leeds forward passes that went unpunished reached comedic proportions and I'd love to know how Maguire throws punches and stays on yet wardle throws punches and has to go off? The special relationship at work again if you ask me.

Anyway, the best side won in the end and it was wonderful to see Sinfield, Maguire, Bailey and the rest of them, including the truly dreadful Hetheringtons, skulking around at the finish with faces like smacked aaaarses.

Well done Huddy - gggrrreat result for Rugby League!!! I'm absolutely delighted!!!!

Fantastic.

Seems like it's been ages.