Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

12/05/13 - CCup5 - Warrington Wolves v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

Which team will go through to the next round?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will go through to the next round?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford City Reds

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Discuss this Tetley's Challenge Cup fifth round tie here.

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judge: P Brooke

Touch Judge: M Craven

Reserve: J Page

Match Commissioner: D Campbell

In Goal: P Graham

In Goal: A Smith

Time Keeper: A Mills

I would love Salford to win this but their defence is so bad that they don't have a hope.  Alas. 

Wires have turned a corner, I expect a close game early doors, then wires to turn on the style

Wires 80

Salford 6

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate! You really think we'll get 6?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This will be a good a useful barometer of Wire's state of play. As bigger battles get closer, are they locked and loaded or a season past their peak?

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Liam Foran, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Vic Mauro, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Ryan McGoldrick, Darrell Griffin, Adam Walne, Jake Emmitt, Lee Gaskell, Chris Nero.

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Simon Grix, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monagahan, Richie Myler, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, Glenn Riley, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Rhys Williams, Paul Wood.

While I am not too sure who will line up on the right wing for Salford,with the absence of Danny Williams,the prospect of the has he/hasn't he signed for SCR

Jodie Broughton,possibly up against former SCR loanee Rhys Williams is certainly intriguing.

With Lee Briers in the line-up the half back performance,where I hope Theo continues to showcase his talent,may be another area where a team is only as strong as its weakest link.

Salford victory - without requiring the golden point. :wacko:

It was respectful of Tony Smith to put out a strong line-up for Warrington.

The intense preparation by Salford,for such an important game,of having the head coach and players at Chester Races during the week,obviously paid dividends. :rolleyes:

With 98 points conceded in the last 2 away games,Wigan and Warrington,it demonstrates the great strides the club has made since the sacking of Phil Veivers. :wacko:

The failure to put points on the board despite repeat sets in the first half shows we ain't missing Sean Long. :(

A poor turn out by Warrington followers,with an attendance of 5k when they can usually find another 25k to go to Wembley.

A big well done to the Salford supporters for their vocal support in the second half.

May I request all masochists out there to congregate at the SCS next Friday evening.Be in the stadium for an 8pm start.

The intense preparation by Salford,for such an important game,of having the head coach and players at Chester Races during the week,obviously paid dividends. :rolleyes:

With 98 points conceded in the last 2 away games,Wigan and Warrington,it demonstrates the great strides the club has made since the sacking of Phil Veivers. :wacko:

The failure to put points on the board despite repeat sets in the first half shows we ain't missing Sean Long. :(

A poor turn out by Warrington followers,with an attendance of 5k when they can usually find another 25k to go to Wembley.

A big well done to the Salford supporters for their vocal support in the second half.

May I request all masochists out there to congregate at the SCS next Friday evening.Be in the stadium for an 8pm start.

Saving money for the bigger games, have Salford improved the crowds since the money came in?? Glasses houses mate, now coock off

Whilst the attendance is significantly down on a corresponding SL fixture, I would look a little closer to home before throwing stones.

Yes the 150 Salford fans made themselves heard for the last 20 mins.

Fair play to Wire - they put a strong side out and the result was probably never in doubt.

CC attendances are lower than ever and the crowd for this match crowd was better than Hull KR v Wigan - so no point in dwelling on that and yes, our crowds are so poor we can't speak on the matter anyway!

I think Wire look good right now and should win some silverware again. At Salford it is just one game at a time and enjoy any wins that come our way - ala Widnes last year. I don't expect anything else, but hope next season will be better ...

I already can't call it... who knows who will play worse!!

I already can't call it... who knows who will play worse!!

I think it's too close to call....who knows who will play better!!

Just to put a positive slant on things.

Bradford are probably the "safer bet", but Salford are quite capable of springing a surprise, and if we can sneak an extra player onto the pitch, well ...   :lol:

I think it's too close to call....who knows who will play better!!

Just to put a positive slant on things.

Bradford are probably the "safer bet", but Salford are quite capable of springing a surprise, and if we can sneak an extra player onto the pitch, well ...   :lol:

A must-win game for us I feel. And I mean this as no disrespect to Salford - if we lose to on Friday I think it's season over for us.