Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Red's for sale!

131 posts in this topic

Think arnys moving to Manchester

He already has about 3 month ago. Committed to the club for next season tho (as long as there is a club)

It would be a unthinkable if Reds went to the wall, it would be a sporting disaster for the area, here hoping it turns out okay and somebody steps in to buy the club.

Somebody mentioned about playing at Borough Park. Well it wouldn't bother me Town playing there, I only saw a couple of Town games there and they were fantastic occasions with a great atmosphere. Its never likely to happen as a shared pitch was one of the arguements against the new shared stadium.

Best of luck to the Reds, it's nice to see nearly everyone on here being supportive. I very much doubt we would get the same reaction on the Reds forum if the shoe was on the other foot. ;)

It wouldn't make sense to move due to the state of their stadium. Town are in a far stronger position financially so any move would have to be the opposite way to make worthwhile

It wouldn't make sense to move due to the state of their stadium. Town are in a far stronger position financially so any move would have to be the opposite way to make worthwhile

At this time Town are stronger financially having about 90 years left on the lease of Derwent Park whereas Red's have been given a 30 year lease in order to try and get funding for a new stand.   Town have already spent the best part of half a million on Derwent Park to bring it up to a better standard and they also have the added income from the speedway.     The Comets couldn't afford to buy out the Town lease for DP whereas the Red's would probably be better off without the upkeep of BP.     The Red's moving to DP is infinitely better than no Red's at all!!!!

Couldnt play football on DP,we struggle to get it ready for RL.I would be happy developing and moving to BP lets be honest there both ######s at the moment,remember watching great Wigan team there Gill,Hanley,Lydon fantastic atmosphere.

I must be missing the reports from monday to saturday on how much of a struggle it is to get DP ready. Improvements were made at the start of the season and as a result time is needed for the new turf to settle in and a few good downpours were needed to sort the ground out after a long spell without rain after having machinery on and around the pitch while the work was carried out. 

Surely the club would be asking for help every home game if it was a struggle

Couldnt play football on DP,we struggle to get it ready for RL.I would be happy developing and moving to BP lets be honest there both ######s at the moment,remember watching great Wigan team there Gill,Hanley,Lydon fantastic atmosphere.

I know, that one game proves we can never get a game on. As for atmosphere,comparing the current one to the atmosphere for that game is just ridiculous.

i think derwent park isnt that bad at all, yeah the old girl has seen better days but its everything we need. its certainly not a s#*# hole like people are saying. as for the pitch you would expect the rain to do it some good and the drains be up and running to full effect now.

Club have confirmed and bbc r have tweeted

"@bbccumbriasport:Workington AFC are in talks with two businessmen from outside of the UK who have expressed an interest in taking over

It's them two Chinese businessmen, Wi Wun Yans and Ow Lang Sen.

god luck to the reds whoever is interested in taking over obviously they see potential where as you lot just see blinkers.to have rugby and football at the reds ground would of been the perfect solution,to cuts each others costs and help each other survive.

Keep fishing for those bites!!

Lets not go down this road again. That stadium debate is long dead in the water.

god luck to the reds whoever is interested in taking over obviously they see potential where as you lot just see blinkers.to have rugby and football at the reds ground would of been the perfect solution,to cuts each others costs and help each other survive.

ha ha you could make one of them fishing programmes with robson green.

exactly the response i expected BLINKERS!!!

and that's from the person who thinks haven are the best team in cumbria

now that is blinkers!

For a team that as yet to beat THE MIGHTY TOWN i just dont know how you work that one out ,your bran new team is called HAVEN 10,THAT was what you were saying on here NEW TEAM NO DEBT NEW START is that right CHOCCY .

haven are the best team in cumbria lad and i dont even have to prove it.

Well why don't you go and follow them then?    Aren't they playing this weekend?

lol your funny.

For the benefit of BTO who again is posting rubbish without letting facts do the talking......but without restarting the stadium debate (Rockerlad)........

The main party against a multi-use stadium at the time was in the Reds camp. They wanted to go it alone.

Town were, in the main, as with most posters on here I'd guess, for the use of a combined stadium, as it made sense then and sense now.

However.....its dead in the water now.

I hope the situation turns out ok for the Reds. They need £10k to cover close season costs, but the recent meeting apparently had plenty of ideas as to how to raise that £10k to tide them over. I hope they get a suitable Chairman and board to run the club in the future (and not foreign fly by nights) and they get their new grandstand.

Get the stadium built and we will club in and get some great acts on like the keep mount does, I mean clown boy can say the rec got status quo on once didn't they so we can't match that haha get ur 7 up down up neck

thats because you cant prove. now stop talking your utter tripe and jog on.

big things to happen down at the rec in the next twelve months which will more than prove we are the best club in cumbria.

you gonna pay the leccy bill.